Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Too bad I'm having this awesome idea now!

I'm in San Diego for the weekend. We're going to Sea World and the Zoo for my son's 2nd b-day. So far (only a 1/2 day in ) I'm doing well and I have lots of practice and plans for how I plan to handle amusement park food, but I'm really sick and part of that plan was a 6 mile run tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it because it will be a new long run for me and the scenery will be different, but this chest infection is brutal and with all the walking we'll be doing in the next few days in not sure it will be a good idea. So I'm a little bummed about that, I'm hoping I'll be feeling better tomorrow, but I've been sick since Monday and it's getting a little worse rather than better.

Anyway, sorry I got side tracked, but it just occurred to me how easy it would have been to have packed our meals, our hotel even has a fridge! I'm not sure if they allow outside food, but a little massaging of the diaper bag and poof make shift cooler! Oh well, guess I'll just have to stick with plan a...man I hope I can run tomorrow. I can't believe how much I've been looking forward to running down here...I never get sick anymore either!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well....that really is awful. I just wanted to mention that if you head to Solana Beach (about 20 minutes North of Seaworld), there's a great little breakfast/lunch place right across from the beach called Naked Cafe. I think they close around 2pm. You can find out more about it on Yelp.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I am one of six kids, and whenever we went to an amusement park, Disneyworld (only once) or even a long road trip, we always ate out of a cooler in the back of the car. It was simply too expensive to feed us all at amusement park prices. To this day I don't understand why so many people consider a $5 microwaved hotdog to be an essential part of the experience. There are better things to spend money (and calories!) on.

Last edited by Shmead; 08-28-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote