Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Start-356/Goal-138

Height: 5"7

Talking Everyone Read. I Need Help And Support

Im 18 years old..this past year i have put on weight due to stress stress and stress. I AM DETERMINED TO LOSE 100 POUNDS IN 6 MONTHS with lots of prayer faith and support.
Tomorrow i start..
i will work out 3 times a day once in the morning one in the afternoon and one in the evening eat in moderation and cut out junk food if i eat junk food it will be in a small amount. healthier eating habits wheat pasta wheat bread low fat products like milk. Eating multiple small meals a day with the exception of a big breakfast. ITS TIME TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Starting weight - 356 i think or lower
i will weigh in in 2 weeks from tomorrow and keep you all posted
itzd33zyb33zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Welcome and post often
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/ 129 /120

Height: 5'7"

welcome, & good luck with your goals!

Just make sure if you're working out 3 times a day, even in small amounts, you're eating enough to sustain it.

I know how tough it can be when we're young to have those perfect bodies...sometimes it seems people expect us to be perfect JUST because we're young. So don't get discouraged! You've got plenty of support.
hippy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

Plenty of support on 3FC! Wish you lots of luck with your goals.
mommy1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Just a suggestion:

Forget the excercise for 6 months and concentrate SOLELY on your food intake. Try (for example) 1500-1800 calories worth of HEALTHY food a day (or what your Doctor recommends). Do it every single day. Day in and day out. Count and record your calories and don't go over. I PROMISE YOU in 6 months you will weigh less concentrating on the food than if you concentrate on the excercise.

After 6 months of knowing your eating plan 100% inside and out and in your sleep add excercise.

At your weight, just moving and doing household chores will be enough exercise for the time being. You have a whole lifetime to work up to running a marathon. All the exercise in the world won't help (you lose 100 pounds in 6 months) unless you learn to eat properly. Trust me on this one.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-23-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

It's great that you're motivated, but so you know, your post made me think an awful lot of myself and attempts I've made in the past to lose the weight. I would hate for you to fall into the same traps as I have in the past. When you slip up and fall off plan ((you are human! Assume that it WILL happen!)) DON'T beat yourself up about it and give up. Your expectations are very high, so be kind to yourself, or else you may get discouraged and give up. Make sure you are eating enough to maintain that kind of activity level. I hope you have success! We can ALL do this together, but we have to be kind to ourselves, too!
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #7  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I think LoriBell gave you some excellent advice, I think figuring out the food equation is critical.

Good luck to you!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #8  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

erm, good luck.
But I think you really should forget the "6 months" period.
First of all, it sounds unrealistic.
Second of all, if you can't make it, you'll feel you lost it.
So basically, focus on eating right, working out and just the number "lose 100 lbs". Just focus on those and they will take you to the happy end - no matter how long it takes.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #9  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I agree with focusing on the eating at first, too. Have you decided on a specific plan other than just trying to cut out the junk food and eating in moderation? I personally am really enjoying calorie counting, and at the same time, within my calorie range I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies, less starchy/simple sugars and carbs, and lots of lean proteins. There is no doubt in my mind that the biggest part of weight loss comes from the food part rather than the exercise -- especially when you are starting out at our size. There are lots of different food plans, so have fun looking at some of them and seeing what you think you can live with long-term If you really want to lose 100lbs in 6 months, you are going to have to have a REALLy good plan in place, analyze every bite you put into your mouth, and tweak as necessary. I'm sure the exercise will speed your weight loss, but it's going to be really necessary to get thinking about EXACTLY what your eating plan is going to be.

I also think you might want to loosen up on the time limit idea, it can be motivating, but if you start not to see the progress you are looking for - you might give up! And that would be the only "failure".

Good luck!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I am in agreement that you should lose the time frame.

I'd love for you to think of it as from here on in I am going to eat well. I am going to rid myself of the bad eating habits - once and for all, no matter what and permanently. I am going to incorporate good eating habits into my life. I am done with being fat. The *junk* may taste good, but that's no longer good enough for me. I deserve better!!! The junk is sapping me of energy, stamina, self confidence, self worth and really cute clothes. It's not worth it. I want better!!

I would caution you about the moderation route. I know this sounds harder, but please believe me, it is MUCH easier to say no altogether to the junk than to try and sneak it in and eat in moderation. I really, really think you should make it a definite no, an absolute rule that you won't touch ANY of the *junk*, how about just for 30 days. 30 days. And then you can re-assess afterwards. I know for me, and many others that were in my boat, once I start eating the junk - I can't stop. My solution - don't start. I tried the moderation route for years,make that decades and it just didn't work. Once I let that door open a little, it swung wide open. MUCH better, easier and more effective to not let it open at all.

I also urge you to map out your food schedule ahead of time. Know exactly what you will be eating for each and every meal and snack beforehand. Much easier to stay on plan when you've got one.

Make sure to have the right foods on hand always.

I also urge you to not feel deprived not eating the junk/carbs - but think of eating them as the deprivation. You are depriving yourself of a slim, trim, fit, active body. There is no greater deprivation than that.

Keep in mind that each time you say no to one of *those foods*, you are one step closer to losing the weight and becoming a slim, trim, active young woman.

Get excited about the changes you are about to make. Don't dread them. Eating well is no prison sentence - remaining fat IS.

You have the ability to do this. You absolutely do. You CAN do this. And you should!!

I agree with LoriBell - get your food intake in control. Focus on that. Really, really focus on it. Make it your job, your mission. Become passionate about it.

Perhaps make a goal of walking 15 minutes at a pop, 3 - 4 times a week. You can keep increasing as you go along. Try dancing, walking in place. Start out small.

Again, focus on the food.

Push yourself. Require more from yourself. Challenge yourself. Conquer something new. You're up for it. I just know it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

You've gotten some good advice here...and you should really listen to these ladies. 100 pounds in 6 months is possible...but not likely. And putting that kind of time restraint on yourself isn't healthy or encouraging. So like the ladies said, please drop the 6 month part. In order to get the weight off and KEEP it off, you need to make lifestyle changes and keep them in place for the rest of your life. It won't do you any good to kill yourself trying to lose 100 pounds in 6 months if you gain it all back. Please listen to the advice you've gotten and take it to heart. It doesn't matter how quickly you lose the weight just as long as you lose it.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #12  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Good luck itzd33zyb33zy!

I really hope you read what all the above posters have said. Remember, they've lost HUGE amounts of weight and kept it off! It's very tempting to take on too much at the start - much better to start out focussed on your eating plan and add in exercise once you feel confident that you know exactly what you need to do to lose those 100 pounds.
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Start-356/Goal-138

Height: 5"7

You guys are right i'll definetly drop the 6 month time limit. I havent come up with a meal plan though it's really kind of hard to eat multiple times a day and eating small meals because i eat probably once a day and then i snack sometimes mostly at like 2 in the morning when i cant sleep..any suggestions?? i've already cut out the bad carbs and every now and again i sneak in some chips but thats to tempting so i will have to cut them ALL THE WAY out. Also thinking of cutting out juices i drink lots of water but i think juice has got to go. Im actually pretty active i think most of its my eating habits..so i will definetly take all of this wonderful advice and most definetly map out a healthier eating plan..i need some suggestions though
itzd33zyb33zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #14  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome and get prepared for some awesome advice from the ladies here. I also think you should focus on getting the food worked out before putting yourself on such a stringent deadline. As far as the working out, why not start a committed walking routine first? That will help you build stamina and strength ( as well as losing weight) before getting into a more rigorous work out routine. Also, drinks lots and lots of water. One thing that works for me is that I have my biggest meal at breakfast, a moderate salad and lean meat for lunch and then a low carb protein shake for dinner. I snack on things like pork rinds with some homemade salsa or a small amount of cheese. I am on the Atkins diet which works really well for me.All my snacks are protein based to take those little hunger pangs away lol...and don't forget lots and lots of water. And the last thing is...set small goals..work on 5 or 10 lbs at a time...you'll really feel like you're accomplishing something. Hugs and support in reaching your goals

Last edited by islandchick1; 08-26-2010 at 10:36 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzd33zyb33zy View Post
You guys are right i'll definetly drop the 6 month time limit. I havent come up with a meal plan though it's really kind of hard to eat multiple times a day and eating small meals because i eat probably once a day and then i snack sometimes mostly at like 2 in the morning when i cant sleep..any suggestions?? i've already cut out the bad carbs and every now and again i sneak in some chips but thats to tempting so i will have to cut them ALL THE WAY out. Also thinking of cutting out juices i drink lots of water but i think juice has got to go. Im actually pretty active i think most of its my eating habits..so i will definetly take all of this wonderful advice and most definetly map out a healthier eating plan..i need some suggestions though
Good for you for dropping the time limit!!! I know it's hard b/c you want it done and you want it now (believe me, we ALL know!!!) but slow and steady wins the race. I'm sure several people can help you w/ some good meal plans. Me, I'm on night shift and my schedule is so screwed up that I don't dare give anybody advice on a meal plan, LOL
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote