Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239.4/207.4/135

Height: 5'2"

Default has anyone tried Joy Bauer's Fit for Life?

Hi - I've been doing weight watchers for about 1 1/2 yrs and still like it, but have decided to take a break for the summer. (not from dieting, just from going to the WW meetings as we are away a lot this summer). I borrowed the Joy Bauer book from the library and am trying my best to follow it. I modify it a little bit, as honestly, I am starving!! I think the lower carb thing is good for me though, as I tend to turn to cereal, bread, popcorn etc when I feel hungry. Last night, I was satisfied with an apple and a tbsp of peanut butter which felt like a bit of a victory! I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried this plan and what they thought of it.

Lorri
CanadianLor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #2  
God Will Guide Me!

S/C/G: 272.8/ticker/234

Height: 5'7''

I have not tried it, but why not continue WW? I am sure you know the plan very well by now. I do WW at home, I do not go to meetings and it's awesome! You have done so well so far, either way best of luck with the book!!! I know it's good taking a break from things sometimes, even if it good!! LOL Hugs!
jackiemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239.4/207.4/135

Height: 5'2"

I know weight watchers is great and I intend to go back to my meetings when I get back from my trip to California in mid September. I think I just needed a break from counting points, etc. You know, a change is as good as a rest. For a while, I think I need some hard and fast boundaries - sometimes I get to a place where I think I can eat anything and fool myself that it fits into my eating points for the day - you know what I mean?

Anyway, we'll see what happens! I've managed to get to the gym every day this week so far before going to work, which makes me feel like a conqueror!

Lor
CanadianLor is offline   Reply With Quote