Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Junk Food Hangover - Will I Ever Learn?

I had Chinese food last night... Double Stuffed Oreos for dessert. Then, I had the worst "junk food hangover" this morning. It was a lot like a booze hangover. (TMI: dry heaving and pooping my brains out) I find the longer that I spend eating healthy, the worse I react to "junk food". So - duh - I shouldn't eat it.

I shoot for being 100% on plan 80% of the time. I do a few days at 1500 calories and then have a 2000 calorie day. This allows me to squeeze in a beer or a glass of wine or the occasional dessert. And it helps b/c I have been trying to exercise a lot and, quite frankly, I just get too hungry trying to stay at 1500 every single day.

For weeks and weeks, I have been feeling good at the end of a weekend... Good about what/how much I ate/drank. This weekend, though, I actually feel a little... embarrassed? I guess. I mean - really? I made myself ill? By eating... crap?

WILL I EVER LEARN?
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

How much did you eat? Like massive amounts? I've overindulged by quite a bit in the past, but I have never had dry heaves from junk food. Do you think you could have gotten food poisoning from the Chinese Food? Did you eat any eggs yesterday that might be tainted with salmonella? Sounds pretty extreme unless you just totally went overboard.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-23-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

I ate 2 orders of crab rangoons (i.e. 24 total), a few (like 3 or 4) steamed dumplings and a considerable amount of oreos.

It doesn't feel like food poisoning - I already feel a bit better.

And I do have a sensitive stomach anyways... I tend to not fair well when I eat greasy food. The rangoons weren't greasy... but I ate a lot of them.

Last edited by SCraver; 08-23-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I ate 2 orders of crab rangoons (i.e. 24 total), a few (like 3 or 4) steamed dumplings and a considerable amount of oreos.
I think that will do it.

What were you thinking? Even on my best day in the "old days," I couldn't eat 24 crab rangoons...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I think that will do it.

What were you thinking? Even on my best day in the "old days," I couldn't eat 24 crab rangoons...

Jay
That's just it... I wasn't thinking! If 12 is good... 24 MUST be better! (I can really pack them in!)
But I may never be able to eat them again! (Which would be awesome)

I am still burping them up... this is so nasty. Sometimes I wish life had an "undo" button.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
That's just it... I wasn't thinking! If 12 is good... 24 MUST be better! (I can really pack them in!)
But I may never be able to eat them again! (Which would be awesome)

I am still burping them up... this is so nasty. Sometimes I wish life had an "undo" button.
Ohhhh, wouldn't that be nice. Rewind, and do over.

Hope you feel better soon. Maybe, just maybe, you did learn this time!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I feel your pain. I had a rough weekend myself. Yesterday 3 pieces of pizza and 2 small slices of ice cream cake for DS's bday. Today I feel like total crap, like you said kinda hung over. Part of it was a "just this last time cause Monday I'm coming out of maintenance and going back to weight loss for a few more." Other parts of it was "oh it's DS's birthday, I can handle it." and of course a little "it's TOM, I can't help myself." in the in end the truth is, I can't handle large splurges anymore. I've changed my lifestyle and my body cannot function the way it used to. It's time to accept that and set some rules. First of all for me I think I can only handle ONE meal per weekend. No more. I practice this for a long time and it worked great. One I started maintaining it turned into a whole weekend of indulgences. Anyway, I think it's just key to learn from it and accept what works for you and stick to it (this is the tricky part). I'm trying to be kind to myself today and forgive myself for the past, accept my new life and LIVE it!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #8  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
First of all for me I think I can only handle ONE meal per weekend. No more. I practice this for a long time and it worked great. One I started maintaining it turned into a whole weekend of indulgences. Anyway, I think it's just key to learn from it and accept what works for you and stick to it (this is the tricky part). I'm trying to be kind to myself today and forgive myself for the past, accept my new life and LIVE it!
Yup! I went to an engagement party on Saturday and should have left it at that and had a healthful dinner last night. One meal per weekend works well for me, too.

Right now, I am eating 3 oz of grilled pork, 1/2 C of quinoa and about a cup of broccoli for lunch... I can already hear my tummy thanking me!!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #9  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Well... I don't feel good today... but I went to the gym anyways! Lifted my weights and I feel good about myself - even though I ate horrendously last night, I am getting back on track without hesitation. I hope it counts for something.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #10  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Good for you! I have the same plan and am on my way to run 3-4 miles after work even though I don't feel great. I KNOW I will feel better after. My food has been 100% today as well. Although I really wish I'd bade better choices over the weekend so I felt better and lighter today. But we live we learn...hopefully next weekend (I'll be out of town) I choose smarter.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

what about learning to cook healthy and delicious "fast food" tasting things? I sometimes make homemade potstickers and freeze them for those times I have cravings. And I'll make little pizzas and put them in the freezer for times when I want take out. Because I'm controlling the ingredients, I know I won't be heaving the next day.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #12  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

I ate 800 calories of cake yesterday. It's like 2/3 total amount of calories I should have in a day. And I already ate 400 calories of that cake again today.
I just don't know why. If I don't have junk food in my house, I won't buy it and I don't feel like to buy it and I don't crave for it. But when it's here, my hands just reach out for them. OMG. I need to control myself a bit more >"<

Last edited by Annita; 08-23-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Haha, I did this over the weekend. Wine, veggie burgers, potatoes, cheese and chocolate cake. I was drunk and went overboard. I felt like death the next day with a combined wine and sugar hangover. Gross!

I still tracked everything on my Lose It app, and I was pretty positive it was going to start smoking and explode before I got to finish.
missgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #14  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

OMG! OMG! I JUST REALIZED - that on Sunday evening, I never finished the bag of Oreos... BUT I FORGOT about them. Oreo craving GONE. Hmm... I wonder if my hubby finished them off when I wasn't looking. Otherwise... where in the heck are they? Eew.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #15  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
what about learning to cook healthy and delicious "fast food" tasting things? I sometimes make homemade potstickers and freeze them for those times I have cravings. And I'll make little pizzas and put them in the freezer for times when I want take out. Because I'm controlling the ingredients, I know I won't be heaving the next day.
That's a good idea! I have never tried making pot stickers. I bet I could make them tastier than the chinese place anyways.

I DO have a recipe for baked crab rangoons that comes out SOoo yummy. I should have done that instead. Next time!