Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #16  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

For me, it's a combination of things. My husband had weight-loss surgery in April, and I was heavier than he was then... He's lost a lot of weight and looks and feels great, and I want that for myself. Also, I'm just tired of being tired. I have too much to do to feel crummy. Also, who wants to go on medication for diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia? Not me. I want health and vitality and energy and to feel fabulous. I want to feel and look great.

You have a HUGE advantage in your youth. Just do it. It's more than a sneaker slogan. Put yourself and your health first, and just do it. Once you make that decision, everything else falls into place. I just started my lifestyle change a month ago, but I'm here for the long haul. I already feel so much better, and my medical stats are hugely improved--in just 1 month!! Imagine in 12 or 15!!
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #17  
Doing this MY way!!!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'2.5

Priceless advice has been given so far!

I decided to try something because I was tired of looking in the mirror and trying to convince myself that I wasn't that big. I would look at pics of myself and feel "ugly". I was tired of people looking past me or looking at me as if I was deformed. I have been this way since I was 8 (I'm 24 now), enough was enough. I was tired of not being myself for fear of ridicule.

I started by just cutting out fatty foods and reading my labels. I tracked my calories, cooked all my meals and so far I have lost 9 lbs. I'm extremely vain but I know I will be smoking hot when I get this weight off because I will be able to present myself to the world with no holding back. That means more to me than the hideous stretchmarks all over my body and the potential for loose skin.

Like someone else said, just start small, eat breakfast, take a walk. Don't hold yourself back because if you wait that could have been another day that you could have been getting closer to your goal.

Good Luck on your journey!
quietstorm970 is offline   Reply With Quote