Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 04:39 PM   #16  

Okay.... LIGHT BULB MOMENT It just hit me....when I "feel" I lost control of my life is when I started to gain weight. WOW I just had a shiver... and feel teary eyed...

I don't know why it has taken me so long to put "2 and 2" together, but it did...so now I will need all of you to help me figure out what to do with this new, wonderful and hopefully helpful information.

Could it be I am ready to shed this extra weight once and for all?
Old 10-15-2002, 12:48 AM   #17  

Question Where da heck is everyone tonight?

I'm just taking a second to post before heading off to bed. First off, where IS everybody?! No one has posted in the last eight hours! Does everybody who has a life think they can just forget about me today?!

I'm gonna try SO hard not to weigh myself tomorrow (Tuesday) morning and just wait until Wednesday's WI. As I mentioned in my last post, my weight has been holding steady for the last 5 or 6 days despite my best efforts! I keep hopping on the scale in hopes of some spontaneous loss and it makes me feel slightly "blah" when there's no change! It's all good though... I know the scale will catch up to my continued healthy eating so... no worries!

My hubby (Reg) and I enjoyed our autumn nature walk today. We weren't speed walking or anything... just enjoying the scenery. It's definitely getting cold outside and I haven't jogged in the last 2 weeks or so... the cold makes my ears ache and ache when I jog! I keep thinking about a gym membership but I'm afraid I won't actually GO if I purchase one. I may start looking into whether or not I can sign up at a woman's only gym for a month to start off with. I have a feeling they'll MAKE me commit to year or nothing at all! That's how they make their money after all... by signing up people that eventually stop going! Also, getting to a gym is a problem because we only have one car.... BUT I'M NOT MAKING EXCUSES! IF I WANT TO GO TO THE GYM BADLY ENOUGH, I'LL FIND A WAY TO DO IT!

Lucky... Yes, you COULD be ready to shed that extra weight once and for all! Take control of your food, your body and your LIFE! It is very empowering to be in charge of what your future holds as far as health and happiness! Grab the bull by the horns!

Kat... How DARE you bring up those biscuits at Red Lobster! It made me crave some as I read it and I'm craving them again as I type this! Ahhh! Good thing I have an "iron will" to resist them... (that, and the fact there's no way I could actually get them at this hour on Thanksgiving Monday!)

Steph... Oh! I love the term "onederland"! I was always having trouble expressing what it meant to have my weight now begin with a "1". That's the perfect term! I'm gonna steal it! Congrats on your 2 pound loss! That's terrific!

Baylee... I'm glad your hip was feeling somewhat better... enough to go on a walk at least. Hope you're having an okay hip day today too!

Well all... I've gotta hit the sac! Now, as for Kat's suggestion that I jump into bed with my hubby instead of posting in the wee hours of the morning ... HE is always on his computer fooling around at the same time I am on mine! We're a couple of geeks! Not to say that we didn't save up enough energy to...
!

Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 10-15-2002 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:08 AM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down I'M BAAAAAACK!

Did you miss me?! We had an awesome time and I will tell you about that in a minute.........FIRST THINGS FIRST! I would like to announce that, (drumroll please) I did it!! I was strong! I overcame all the obstacles and stayed OP all weekend! I turned my head at those ultra big corndogs. I scoffed the bloomin onions. I shook my head in disgust at the pizza dripping with cheese. AND.......I walked right past that slobbering sandwich with my head held high. I was very proud of me. My WW points range is 30-35 and on Saturday, my points were 28 and were 28 1/2 on Sunday! While everything around me was falling to pieces, I stayed strong and OP! AND, I came home and weighed on the scale at the mall today and I've lost.......(another drum roll please) 6.2 POUNDS!! Ok, on to the race report:

First of all, was the word of the day.......I took one of my real close friends with me that I am finally getting into Nascar and she was absolutely amazed at seeing these cars race in person. Of course, having to sit in the rain for almost 8 hours was not fun.... We got there at 8:00 am and it was already coming down and dh headed off to get some rainwear and while he was gone, a man came by the car selling rainwear, so being the worrywart I am, I decided to buy some from him, just IN CASE dh didn't find any or they were charging an arm and a leg......and guess who ended up with way too much raingear? Also, guess who's hubby was mad at her because she didn't have "faith" that he could buy rainwear? Hmm, that would be.......ME. But guess who it was standing out in the rain, selling the extra raingear we had to the cars just coming into the parking lot? Hmm, that would be......HIM.
(as a side note, the kind I bought was better because even though it looked like a big sandwich baggie, it slid over the head and was in one complete piece, while the ones that Ron bought snapped up the sides and guess who got their sides all wet? Hmm, that would be....NOT ME.) I wore the sandwich bag and stayed nice and dry inside, but very wet outside.
Anyways, ENOUGH about the rain. When they finally starting racing, it was totally awesome. We had some really good seats and it was great to see Tony run so well. I know most of you don't watch Nascar, but Tony is #1 in the Winston Cup points and the closest driver to him is still 97 points behind him. He is poised to win the championship!!! I am also very pleased that even though there are only 5 races left this season, Tony has won at 4 of the 5 races! You can't get much better than that!! Of course you know after the race, I had to hit the tents and spent way more than I should have, but you know, I am a TONYAHOLIC! I don't think my fingers are strong enough to type all the lovely items I picked up, but I guess my favorite would have to be a Tony duffelbag to carry all our stuff in. And, did I mention we also bought a TIRE!?? Yep, we are now the proud owners of one of Mr. Stewart's right rear tires that he used while racing last week at Talladega! I just have one question? How am I gonna get that thing on the wall!? And if you know me, I'll figure it out, one way or another. I do have some pictures but I haven't got to have them developed yet and I don't know how good they will be, but we'll see. Anyways, I had a great time, but it was really good to be home.

I really did miss you guys but I can hardly hold my eyes open. (of course I guess I better seeing I'm at work right now) to all and I will see you guys tomorrow.

Last edited by QueenB; 10-15-2002 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:57 AM   #19  

Tina I AM so proud of you....CONGRATUALTIONS ON THE 6.2 LOSS

You know I think I have finally gotten it...you REALLY do like that Tony guy. I had a car bumper in my closet when I was in high school. It was off a car of a guy I liked. I didn't dare mount it on the wall so I don't have any advice. But I do know Where there is a will there is a way. Actually, having a tire on the wall could be a real decorating statement. If you pull it off, I want pictures, plus then you could be the NEW Martha Stewart.....

It is only 30 here and they are saying snow tomorrow and Thursday. Thankfully it will be 52 on Saturday because I still need to caulk my windows.

Having yesterday off was so nice...I don't want to go to work today!!!!

My Tuesday Tip: Stay away from negative people.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Tina- Way to go on your 6.2 lb loss. That's awesome. All your hard work is really starting to pay off. Isn't it great how a big loss really keeps you motivated. It's been a few weeks since I've had a loss like that, but I seem to be consistantly losing 2 lbs a week as of late. But I'll take it as long as I'm losing. Good for you on staying on plan all weekend. Lucky- don't you just love those lightbulb moments. My only regret is that mine didn't come sooner. Oh well, the important thing is that I finally get it. I will lose this weight and be a fit, healthy person. Sara- glad I was able to help you out. Isn't that a "onederful" word. Can't wait until I get there. Now where is everyone else?
Steph
Old 10-15-2002, 09:43 AM   #21  

Congratulations Tina!

I am really proud of you! Boy you do love that guy, he is pretty cute though! (smile) Well I will weigh myself tomorrow. I have decided to make a new commitment and not eat anything fried starting today. I work up this morning and worked out and had boiled eggs for breakfast. I am meeting a friend of mine at Applebees for lunch but I am ordering my favorite grilled chicken with no cheese and some rice. Everywhere around me is motivation I am encouraged by all of you.

I even read an article in people magazine about the lady on ER who plays a nurse, she was the black heavy set one, well she lost 117 pounds in 7 months!! That was a little extreme to me though. She only had 7 (100 calorie) shakes a day for 7 months. I am not that strong, but she looks great, I just hope she can keep it off. When you lose weight that drastically and dont exercise often times you loose muscle and water weight, but she is working out and she looks fantastic.

Well have a good day everyone I have drank 32ounces of water already and it is just 9:00 am here in Kansas City Mo, I have about 40 ounces to go.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:04 AM   #22  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning!

How is everyone on this fine Fall day? I'm feeling great, already worked out this morning...my sister and I did our thing @ Curves. They opened the new one by my house, but in their gung ho zeal to attract as many new people as they can, they are forgetting there are some old timers that don't need to be "chatted up" throughout the workout. It is literally 40 minutes total, workout and stretch, and that's all I want to do...I'm not there to make any friends or chat with strangers. I JUST WANT TO DO MY WORKOUT AND LEAVE! Geez, you guys must think I am the most anti social b*tch...I'm really not! much...

I'm having my breakfast as I type here...it's so good! For 3 points, I have a cup of fat free cottage cheese, and a pear chopped up and mixed in with some Splenda. It makes a BIG bowl and it's very filling! I'm trying to limits carbs when I can...see if I can jump start this weight loss. Tomorrow is...not Wisconsin! I can't wait! Really! I will accept any loss cheerfully...I am not going to obsess this time around if I only lose whatever or stay the same. I KNOW I am doing what needs to be done, and I will go by how my clothes feel and not by a number. Not that I won't be THRILLED if there is a loss...it's just that I know I have a L**O**N**G road ahead of me...I don't want to run myself off the road at the first detour...

Lucky...
Quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLadyBug
When you take control of your body, you gain control of your life and open the door to your best self. Not just physically but mentally and spiritually.
I kept rolling this over in my mind, trying to get a handle on it...and it occurred to me...when you take control of your body, don't you just feel better all around? Clear headed, focused, proud, self confident...BUT... the key is, how to sustain these feelings? How to NOT submit to boredom, self pity and whatever it is that turns us right back to food...In other words...To be fat, or not to be fat...that is the question... Sorry...I try to be profound, but lack of sleep makes me silly...Anyway, I'm going to print that up and hang it on the frig...thanks Lucky!

I want to do individual replies, but I'm not gonna last that long, so here goes the abbreiviated version...

Tina, Welcome back, congratulations on your loss and your will power, and what the heck are you going to do with a TIRE???

Sara, {wink, wink!}

Steph, Two lbs a week is great! Keep it up!!

Tontoy, Way to go on the water...but keep the bathroom in sight at all times!

Baylee, My dentist visit wasn't painful at all...til he caught my lip in the drill! He apologized profusely as he blotted up my blood! Good Lord.

Duckie, Thou shalt not be pissed at thy scale! Just keep doing what you are doing...sounds like you are doing all the right things! Just keep doing 'em!

To everyone else....Hello and goodbye...I'm falling asleep now...come on down and post...see you all later!
Old 10-15-2002, 11:32 AM   #23  

Good Morning,

It's not fall here anymore, woke up to a blizzard, well kind of, the ground is officially white, but by the end of the day it will probalby melt and be all muddy again. The joys of living in Canada, we definetly get to experience all four season's, winter alway's seems the longest though.

Sara it must be nice to be able to go out and enjoy a nice walk with your husband, mine can't seem to get off the couch, I think he's molding to it, pretty soon he'll be part of the furniture, just kidding he works hard when he's at work, and he enjoys hunting and fishing, but very self centred if he doensn't feel like doing something, he doesn't, even if it would make me happy. Even if he does something after an hour of hounding him, I'm just to mad to enjoy it and would rather be doing what ever it is on my own.
Does that makes any sense, oh well just venting a bit.

Thin do you think you can explain excactly what you do, you sound so busy all the time, what kind of job is it you do, what is your title called, just curious.

Tina, congrats on your loss, that's awsome start, but you do know that the race is on, you already passed me, just gives me more incentive to try exspecially harder this week. Can you tell my competitive side is showing. Glad you enjoyed your weekend, what are you going to do with the tire, is it autographed, you should hang it on the wall, and then use it as a picture frame, prop a picture of tony in the middle, that would be kind of cool.

Kat, your so active, I would love to go to curves, but I think it's $39 a month here, to much for me, would like to take up aquazing, once I lose about 40 more lbs.

Well gotta get to work, check in later
Old 10-15-2002, 03:47 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello friends. I had the most wonderful trip !!!! Everything went better than planned and OU beat Texas in the football game too. It was just a GREAT 4 days !!!!

My daughter fixed a big batch of chili to eat while watching the football game. It was so yummy. The game was awesome!!! OU and Texas are MAJOR rivals !!!!! I, of course am a major Sooner fan. GO BIG RED !!!!!

After the game we went shopping for a couple of hours. My daughter got a few Christmas gifts bought. I was just window shopping ... couldn't find anything I wanted to buy. We just visited the rest of the evening.

Sunday we headed out to Dallas. No traffic problems and no construction on the roads due to the big game this weekend. We ate a wonderful lunch at P.F. Changs. My daughter even treated me to lunch. It was very good. After a late lunch we found our hotel and just chilled for an hour before heading out to the play "The Lion King".

Again.. no traffic problems and we pulled right up to the door and paid for valet parking. (State Fair going on at the same time and parking was impossible and too far to walk) We walked into the Music Hall and our seats were right where we walked in. It couldn't worked any better if I had planned it. There were even bathrooms within 50 feet of us. Our seats were better than I expected and the play was awesome. When it was over we walked out the door to get into a LONGGGG line for the valet parking (probably over 100 people)..... and my car was sitting in front of the door waiting for us. WHAT A SHOCK !!!! So... we got into our car and drove back to the hotel. NO WAITING AT ALL !!!!!! It was just a perfect evening.

Our drive back to OKC Monday was again a good drive. No major traffic or holdups.
Do you think God was trying to make up to me for making me fat all these years. LOL Just kidding... I know I made me fat ... not God or anyone else.
I just know it was a PERFECT weekend.

TINA.... It sounds like your weekend went "almost" as good as mine. We had SUN the entire trip. Cool, not cold. Hmmm... I think the word would be "perfect".
As for your tire... If you hang it on the wall you could make it into a picture frame... OR ... you could paint circles around it like a "target". OR....you could paint a tire track diagonally across a section of the wall and hang it on the track.

Another idea is you could lay it flat and make it into an end table. Use a car jack or large tropy from goodwill store as the base. Put a board down (painted orange of course) and then the tire and then put a piece of glass on top. You could use the center to display some more memorabilia. Then you still have the top to display stuff too. Maybe in the center show a picture of the race car the tire came off of. Give me more time to think I will come up with some more ideas. Of course... you could always hang it from a ceiling joist and have a tire swing. Tony/Tarzan... you/Jane. YOU GO GIRL !!!!!

Steph... I agreee.... "onederland" is a onderful word. LOL

Kat... you had me laughing so hard with your dentist visit. No pain until he drilled into your lip OUCH !!!! And the "bottle up your blood" was hilarious. LOL Hey, you could sell it and make enough money to pay for your dentist appointment. LOL

Duckie... I know all about your husband.... He is my husband's clone. LOL

Ooppss.. I just got a phone call. I have to run. Sorry I couldn't get to all of you individually. Have a great day!!!!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:43 PM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Quick post my son did not get the job
Old 10-15-2002, 09:27 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

I saw this somewhere and thought that it kind of tied in with what Lucky had quoted..

"Live Your Best Life!" ~Oprah Winfrey
At any rate, that's my Tuesday tip.

Sorry about the job, Mary...

2cute, did you LOVE the show? Great suggestions for tire usage, by the way!

Baylee, I'm getting measured tomorrow at Curves...I haven't been measured there since April! Since then, I've been alternately good, bad and indifferent, diet/exercise-wise...should be interesting! Either way, it's a starting point for this time around!

Duckie...SNOW!! Is that normal for this time of year where you are? Are you way up North? I have no concept of where places are in Canada...it's so big! At least shoveling is good exercise! I really like to shovel snow. No, really! But we get so little of it anymore, it's like a novelty...I wish we got more though, I love snow!

I snuck another workout in tonight. After dropping my son off at scouts, I went to the gym. I just did 30 min on the treadmill, some upper body weight machines and the bike. At least I caught up on the news while I was there...isn't this sniper thing horrible? My dh has relatives that live in Falls Church, Va. geez what a world we live in...

Time to take a cat nap and then begin the beautification ritual (Use Mrs Conehead's voice here) Don't want to scare any patients!

Have a lovely night, all...
Old 10-15-2002, 10:47 PM   #27  

Angry Hiya Chicklets!

This afternoon I had a four hour break between piano students so I went SHOPPING! It's not what you think... I didn't buy ANYTHING for myself. It was all for my hubby; it's our 5 day anniversary stretch starting on Thursday. October 17th marks our 5th anniversary of our first kiss and October 21st is our 2nd wedding anniversary SO... I bought him 5 presents; one for the 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st! Hee, hee! It's gonna be fun! The presents start off really small and get bigger and bigger! I wrapped them all up and labelled them with the "Date to be Opened." He doesn't know yet that I have FIVE presents for him... I won't actually tell you guys what I got him yet for fear of him seeing this post. I'll let you know the present he opened each day starting on Thursday!

If you think 5 presents is a lot, you should have been there when I got him presents on his 25th birthday! He had just moved into his own apartment (previously he had roommates) and was lacking a lot of the basic household necessities (e.g. a can-opener, cooking utensils, etc.) so I, at the time being a poor student, went around and found him 25 small things that he needed! I wrapped each one up individually, numbered them from 1 to 25 and hid them all around my house. He had to find them in order and open them. If he found one out of order, he just had to leave it where it was until he was at that number! He was searching and opening presents for an hour!

ANYWAYS enough about presents!

Tina... 6.2 pounds is AMAZING! Woohoo! I was all smiles when I read your good news. You were SO strong to resist all the fatty, unhealthy, yuckie, junkie, blah food at the track. (I'm trying to make it sound unappealing so I don't crave it either!)

2Cute... It sounds like you had a PERFECT weekend. I'm glad for you. You definitely deserved it! You've had so many things going on in your life lately!

Kat... Duckie is way out West. They get a lot colder out there than where I am, in south-central Ontario. Our temperature is pretty much the same as yours in NJ! I am absolutely DREADING the cold and ice that's just around the corner though. It was just last Christmas that we flipped our car 3 times and ended up needing to be cut out of our upsidedown car! It was all because of black ice and now I'm terrified to go back out there on highways in winter!

Mary... I'm sorry to hear about your son's job possibility not working out. How long has he been out of work now?

Baylee... Yah for you for getting out there and walking! You are doing so awesome with your weight loss! Keep it up!

Tontoy... Now you have ME wanting to read that article about the woman from ER! I'm gonna have to check out People magazine in the grocery store next time I'm there to see if I can still get a copy!

Okay... I should post this monster message before I lose it!
Sara
Old 10-16-2002, 12:15 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

STOP !!! Do not post here.!!

Instead come join us in the ongoing thread # 228.
See you all there.
Closed Thread