Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #16  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

I'm saving for it! I am not one hundred percent sure what I will do, but a new wardrobe is a must. I am thinking hair, and teeth... gonna have to work this out on paper. Also, from now till then my attitude toward how I want to look and be perceived may change.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #17  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
So is Nordstrom where you find your designer jeans? I always hear people talking about them, but I don't know where to find them! I live a couple hours from Seattle so I know there must be a LOT of nice, designer jeans there but I just don't know where to find them.

Oh, I and I watch "What Not To Wear" and Stacy is always talking about "dark wash, straight legs". But jeans around here that say "Straight leg" on the tag always seem tapered to me. So I'm very confused about where to actually find decent jeans.
I've bought them at Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue. You can find great deals at Nordstrom Rack and Off Fifth (the Saks outlet).

One thing I like about being at Nordies or Saks (or a good boutique) is that you can tell the salesperson, "I need help choosing jeans." She will put you in a dressing room and bring you different brands and different sizes, until you've got half the store's inventory in your dressing room. If she's really good, she'll be able to look at you in a particular pair of jeans and know which brand/cut/wash will fit you better or look better. These people know their jeans! I think a lot of them work on commission, though, so don't buy something you're not 100% excited about. I always think of them as "fit consultants" -- they can help me find the best fit, but I should only let them influence which pair I buy, not whether or not I buy.

I think Stacy often recommends trouser-style jeans, which if you look are truly straight from hip to hem. A lot of "straight leg" these days fall between that and tapered.

I should also give a shout-out to Kut from the Kloth brand jeans at Nordstrom. They are less expensive than designer brands (normally ~$70, currently on sale ~$45!) but are super cute and comfortable.

And no, I don't work for Nordstrom... just an unhealthy obsession of mine.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/114/110

Height: 5'3

Lightbulb Bra Fitting Makeover

Something that I had never considered until a friend of mine recommended it to me was a bra fit makeover. Honestly I've never even heard of this concept before, but after losing 40 pounds in the last 10 months and losing a lot of fat from my breast, obviously I needed to buy new bras. My friend recommended Intimacy(they've been promoted in What Not To Wear & The Rachal Ray show, among others) a store dedicated to providing fitted underwear.
Having a bra fitted to my specific measures and body type made a huge difference in how my clothes fits and looks!!!
The prices of these bras are between 20 to 40% more expensive than your typical bra at say Victoria's Secret, but in my opinion they are worth every penny.
By the way, Intimacy is not the only store dedicated to providing fitting bras and underwear in general, you might have other options in your area.
Here is a link to the Intimacy web site in case you want to check it out:

http://www.myintimacy.com/

Best of lucks and congratulations in your achievements!!

Caribbean Girl

Last edited by caribbeangirl02; 07-18-2010 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Adding title
caribbeangirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #19  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

i'm doing little things along the way, like hair and nails and skin, just to take care of myself and feel better about myself.

i think at goal the main thing i want to do is get new clothes. i am excited about the potential of this. it will be so fun to finally be able to get back into things i really like. and it will be so nice to have the ease of knowing that everything fits and that you can build an actual wardrobe, like get things and add to it, instead of having a bunch of different sizes, none of which really fit well, and not really having a full selection of things at any particular size. so clothes, that will be the makeover thing i am looking forward to most.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #20  

Height: 5'3"

Best jeans on the planet. Not *too* pricey, either.

http://www.luckybrand.com/Womens-Den...omensSweetNLow

Buy them too tight; they will stretch out.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote