Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #16  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
It sounds like you just need to sit him down and tell him how important this is to you. Also, just say no thank you. Stick to your plan and don't give in. You can do this!

I agree
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Yes, fried foods is so good but so evil. He even fries his soup. I never understood that. A giant frying pan to warm a can of soup.

I have fibro and hypo so I'm pretty senile. But today I had a glass of milk, a nectarine and then stuffed myself with steamed crab and margarine (he has a thing for margarine). I ate waaay too much crab. I kept eating even though I was stuffed. That's not normal. He cruised by the ice cream shop twice today but didn't get me any. He really wants to load me up on it for some reason. I admit it does make me happy but I won't be happy if I'm dead and I'm glad he talked himself out of it.

Can you gain weight on steamed fish? The way I do it probably. At least I didn't fry it! Which is usually how we have it.

Yesterday the thing I ate out of my normal diet food was guacamole salsa. I usually have some cheese before bed but he made this thing. He did ask my permission and I was hungry. He made thin slices of the left over chicken and put a tablespoon of this salsa on it. I think it was a doable food. And I'm back to cramping and running to the bathroom. I must be allergic to fruit.
wannabesomebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesomebody View Post
uch crab. I kept eating even though I was stuffed. That's not no
Can you gain weight on steamed fish? The way I do it probably. At least I didn't fry it! Which is usually how we have it.
You can gain weight on steamed BROCCOLI, heck steamed CELERY if you eat too much of and slather it in margarine, so yes, you most certainly can gain weight on steamed fish.

Darling, something's got to give here. These food choices are unhealthy and the portions and timing is the same. You're overfeeding yourself. Food does not equal happiness. I know, I ate LOTS of food and it didn't make me happy. You, he, everyone has to realize that you must start looking at your long term happiness, not just your immediate gratification, not that it sounds so happy immediately winding up with stomach aches and running to the rest room. Too much of a good thing - is no good. There's a time and a place for everything. Cut back. You must eat responsibly and maturely. Eating this way is irresponsible. Find other things to give you joy and pleasure - ones that will give that to you and not wind up HARMING you. Don't you deserve the joy and comfort without all the rotten after affects?

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-30-2010 at 06:33 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote