Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 07:48 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#222

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:50 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Everyone! Just checking in and saw we needed a new thread. Hope you are all doing well. I'm still the crazy 'bra lady' so I will probably be incognito for another week or so. I've been so busy, don't know which way is up.

Took the baby's stuff up to school today. Took mom with me so we could stop and see her brother and sister-in-law who live near the college.

Gotta run. Love to all.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:54 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Hey all...nothing much to report from my little part of the world. Hey Let's coordinate time zones...I'm up for a chat! I'm in Eastern Standard Time, as are Michelle and J-ann, (NY, right?) Who else? I could do 1:00 my time tomorrow...come on, let's fugure something out!

I can't make tomorrow night, dh and I are going to a Yankee game. How does the weekend look?

Back to my scrapbook, and then off to bed...
Old 10-01-2002, 07:57 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Bringing Michelle over from the other thread...

Shells I found it at big lots for .79 a lb!! And I'm giving it away if that tells you anything! Just let me know...everyone's taste is different so you might like it!! Its half the points per serving as regular pasta.

For all you chocoholics out there....have you tried the pria bars? They are only 2 points each and satisfy that chocolate craving. You can get them cheapest at Walmart for like .68 each! Check them out!! Just don't buy too many at once or you will want to eat them all up like I did!! I usually get the FF chocolate pudding cups from Jello. they are only 2 points and still 2 points with a tablespoon of FF cool whip!

So all the newbies seem to be holding this thread together...where are all the old timers out there???? Eh????

Well I gotta run again and try to get the little guy to bed...he had no nap today!

TTFN Michelle
Old 10-01-2002, 07:58 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

OK I'm always a day late and a penny short....I posted over at the other one but just moved it here!!

Shells I found it at big lots for .79 a lb!! And I'm giving it away if that tells you anything! Just let me know...everyone's taste is different so you might like it!! Its half the points per serving as regular pasta.

For all you chocoholics out there....have you tried the pria bars? They are only 2 points each and satisfy that chocolate craving. You can get them cheapest at Walmart for like .68 each! Check them out!! Just don't buy too many at once or you will want to eat them all up like I did!! I usually get the FF chocolate pudding cups from Jello. they are only 2 points and still 2 points with a tablespoon of FF cool whip!

So all the newbies seem to be holding this thread together...where are all the old timers out there???? Eh????

Well I gotta run again and try to get the little guy to bed...he had no nap today!

TTFN Michelle

Old 10-01-2002, 08:37 PM   #6  

New Hampshire Michelle I am just starting weights. I used to do them years ago, even had a bench, but right now I am starting with simple arm ones. I would love to get my exercise done in the AM but I already get up at 5AM…I just couldn’t get up any earlier.

Duckie Thanks for the Alison site…I haven’t read it but will because I need motivation.

Pa MichelleK I love Pria bars….I could eat dozens…I know I shouldn’t but I COULD….

I would be up for a chat but, alas…I work during the day. If any of you decide on an night or weekend that would be fun. Kat, so you don’t have to struggle…Baylee and I are in the Central time zone!!!

I need to get some things done before Judging Amy comes on.

I still think I need time management!!!!! And food management….
Old 10-01-2002, 11:00 PM   #7  

Angry G'night all!

Live chat tomorrow then, 1:00pm? I'm in the same time zone as Kat so, if you chickies aren't there, you'll be missing a par-teh! Pop in even if you are at work... we'll make Wednesday "Hump day" feel like fabulous friday!

Duckie... I spent a lot of time checking out that link you provided to Alison's site; all I can say is "WOW"...very inspiring! I loved reading her posts about people being AMAZED with how she looked and how she felt slipping on her first "little black dress." I actually can really relate to her attitude; I feel exactly the same way. I'm in this for the long haul (barring any unforeseen "bundles of joy" arriving in an untimely manner!). Yikes!

Sweetpea... I'm happy you came back! Woohoo! I'm SO glad you're already feeling like part of the ol'gang! Come out and chat with us tomorrow if you get the chance... I think you definitely know how to get there!

Lucky... Yeah! Doing weights! Your post "reminded" me that I still have to do my sit-ups and arm weights tonight. I'm gonna go do them right now!

Hi to everyone else out there! See ya'll tomorrow!
Sara
Old 10-02-2002, 09:26 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin'

Keepin' this quick. I can't chat during the day. I'm supposed to be working y'know!

Did have tea this AM. Not hungry but I think I miss my cup of java. I'll just have to be . So far so good today. Of course it's only 9:30.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:25 AM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry Good morning Gals:)

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to post a quick note to say that I will try to get to the chat today at 1. I have a yucky headache going, so we'll see how it goes Anyone else unfortunate enough to be a migraine sufferer? Soooo NOT fun!!

Anyway, just to make sure, you are meeting in the 3fc chat room, correct?? Just want to make sure

Hope to see you guys there later!!

Michelle (this is me right now, lol!!)
Old 10-02-2002, 12:35 PM   #10  

Good Morning Lady's

How are all today, were missing some people come out come out where ever you are, Tina, 2Cute, prism, we miss you.

Foods doing good, I'm not a coffee or tea drinker, but I like the chicken noodle cup a soup's, there's only 49 cal and .8 grams of fat per packet, so I usually have one of these mid morning.

I applied for a new job yesterday, and I'm kind of scared I might get an interview, I hate change but it might be a good change, I like the job I have now been here 2ys, and It's been good experience considering this is oil field country, but it just so boring most of the time I have alot of free time, which is good and bad, I have my own office in my own building, no one around to bother me or check up on me, accept the truckers. I have alot of freedom can come and go as I please, but I'm bored.
This other job is at a College, it's for a registration clerk, front desk position, so that means I'll be dealing with the public all day long, will have to get dress clothes, and will have to drive 45 min a day to get there. Now I can wear what ever I want to work, including a ball cap when I have bad hair days, such as today, and it's only a 25 min drive. I think the other job is a little bit better pay, and seeing as it's a college probalby get most of the summer off as well as other holiday's.
If I did get this job, we would probably end up moving to the town, which would be good for my Fiance, seeing as he works 10 minutes from that town already, he now drives 55 minutes to work everyday, our gas bill is high. I don't know it might be a good move and good opportunity, I'm just scared.
And I'd also have to find a new babysitter, right now grandma does most of the babysitting and that's free.

Well enough of that have to get some work done, will try to check in for chat.
Later
Old 10-02-2002, 12:49 PM   #11  

Talking Hi all!

I'm making a very quick post before I check up on who's in the chat room just to say two things:

1) Praise be! TOM arrived! Whew! and...

2) Wednesday WI... another pound down since I reported my weight on Friday for a grand total of 74 pounds lost! Yeah! (And that's on day one of my period when I feel like the dictionary picture for "bloated")!

So it's all good!!!

I'm off to check out that chat room!
Sara
Old 10-02-2002, 02:34 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

AHHHHHHHHH!!! I MISSED THE CHAT!!!!

I TOLD dh to wake me at 12:30...At 2:30, he said he thought I needed the rest and let me sleep!!! To be honest, I didn't wake up once...I was out like a light!

Sorry...definitely nest time!
Old 10-02-2002, 02:46 PM   #13  
Searching

Wink Wednesday is for weighing

Wednesday @ 1 pm 210 lbs.
Started at 230 lbs.
Goal weight is 105 lbs.

It's going to be a long journey, but I can't wait to see what I look like when I get there.

Ms. Chris

Old 10-02-2002, 04:18 PM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Cool beans! I got to Chat with Shells, Duckie and Sara today for a few minutes before I had to bail out! I had to go to the library and have the librarian fill out my application to have them proctor my exams so I won't have to drive to Trenton NJ to do my midterm and finals. Its not the greatest of neighborhoods! I'm not a city girl but a country bumpkin from the bumpkin patch in Rhode Island!

Ms. Chris welcome to our group! We will help you along the way to that weight loss! Alot of us are very motivated right now so hopefully it will be contagious!

Baylee that zucchini chip recipe sounds yummy! I love zucchini! If you want to try the pasta I will send you one....just pm me or email me your address!!

Lucky I can't buy alot of the pria bars at one time because I will eat them all....I love them! THey don't leave an aftertaste in your mouth like the WW bars do. And heck, for 2 points each its a good chocolate fix!!

Well I guess I should go get the guys some dinner cooking! John is off today...so he will have dinner with us. I will probably have one of my healthy choice mixed grills! I have been dying to try them. They were 50% off and I had $1 coupons!! I'll be back later to catch up with the rest of you so you better come out and post again!

TTFN Michelle

Kat you needed your rest! I am a firm believer that if you fall asleep its because you NEED the rest so why fight it!

Sara did it come today???????

Duckie good luck with the JOB...sometimes we need a change of pace to shake up our lifestyle! Just think....you would probably be able to go to school for free! And if you are still there when your son is ready he can go free too!!

J-ann I changed over to tea this week too. Decaf or herbal because I can count 4 cups of tea as water!! I was getting too many calories using the half and half in coffee....I can't drink it any other way but extra light with the cream!!
Old 10-02-2002, 04:39 PM   #15  

Angry Me again!

Well, chat was fun but we definitely missed all you chickies that couldn't make it!

Kat... I was wondering where you were! It DID cross my mind that you were still sleeping. Maybe it was for the best... we wouldn't want you to get grumpy from lack of sleep!

Michelle... No package yet! You DID only send it last week right? 2 to 7 days always means "business" days so I'm betting it'll be here tomorrow or Friday. Oh well, waiting makes the antipication grow!

Ms. Chris... Welcome to our little group! Congratulations on the 20 pounds lost so far! Woohoo! You've come to the right place for support, motivation, understanding and friendship! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Duckie... Ditto on the good luck with the future job prospect! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Hmmm... gotta start getting dinner ready. Chicken, beets, and salad for me with some mashed potatoes for my hubby!

TTFN
Sara
Closed Thread