Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 12:41 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #221

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:29 PM   #2  

Angry Hiya Chickies!

Hee, hee. I was excited to see all the replies this morning AND, OMG, Sweetpea, it's nice to see you here! Shhh... don't tell these gals I credit my successful weight loss this time to them; I don't want their heads to inflate! Just kidding! I tell them what a great support they are all the time!

Shells... Good to see you back! Sounds like you had a good time Saturday! Bah... isn't it ANNOYING when you make a great big post and it disappears?!

Michelle... I ran out to my mailbox this afternoon and guess what? No package yet. I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow or Wednesday; I'm just so darn impatient!

Mel... Woohoo! Two more pounds down is FANTASTIC! Keep at it and before you know you'll have lost another 20!

J-Ann... Woohoo to you too! Sounds like you're ready to re-committ afresh! You've already come so far so you definitely have what it takes! Are you going to make use of the new journal feature here?

Tonight I have another evening training session with the sexual assault support center. Last week I met a woman there who is on maintainance with WW. She only had to lose 30 pounds but still... it's good! She definitely reccommends WW to ANYONE looking to lose weight. It makes me more excited to get my WW info from Michelle! I don't think I'll follow the plan exactly right now BUT I definitely will incorporate some of it into my diet plan!

TTFN
Sara
Old 09-30-2002, 02:38 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down Hey...

What's up?

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood! I LOVE this time of year! Outdoors weather. I WILL get to the weeding that I ignored yesterday. Gotta clean out the flower beds and make way for some mums.

I've been doing pretty well lately...I say pretty well cuz there's a cookie monster that dwells within me, and you never know when he's gonna strike! I need to follow 2cute's example and chuck any and all goodies lurking in my pantry. Then I listen to the kids moan, "You NEVER buy anything good!" (Yeah, cuz I'll eat it!) So far, today, I'm working on 8 points...that's since midnight last night. O' course I slept about 6 hours after I got home from work. I have oatmeal at work around 5am...it fills me up, warms me up and tides me over til I wake up in the afternoon. Concord grape juice and a pear and a cup of green tea are all I've had since waking up...still pondering lunch choices...

Michelle, Thanks for the great ideas! I can't wait to try the crescent roll thingy! All this talk about salmon, I'm gonna have to pull some out of the freezer. I have baked it with a glaze of honey and soy sauce...combine about 1 T honey and 1 or 2 T soy in a bowl, drizzle over fish and bake...yum!

2cute... congrats on the renewed resolve! We ARE an inspirational group aren't we?

Uh oh...family is starting to move in and annoy me...everyone wants their turn on the computer! Like I've been here all day! Oh well, time to get my booty movin' anyway...

I'LL BE BACK....

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-30-2002 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:59 PM   #4  

Just bringing Sweetpea's post over from page 3 of the last thread

Sweetpea said,

Thanks for the welcome Shells. To answer your question..no I am not married, no kids, no pets, no sex life. I am 45 and am determined to lose this 122 lbs before I turn 47!!! I am ready to have a life w/o worrying about what people think of me and my fat...trying to shop for big clothes and then worrying about how they really look on me...or worse yet, dying and people walking by my coffin and saying "oh the poor thing, if only she'd taken better care of herself."

I started walking last week. Didn't get far but will work up...slow and steady for now. I have an exercise bike but the seat sets too high and makes for a very uncomfortable ride. I have to find someone to drill another hole so I can lower it.

Well, back to my laundry and dishes. :::sigh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-30-2002, 03:32 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

Oh crud! I just typed a longish post and I hit something and it disappeared...don't you just have that when that happens?

Here is a 1 pt. chocolate cheesecake recipe from WW

Ingredients
10 piece(s) chocolate wafer(s), crumbled
1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free cottage cheese
1/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup(s) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 medium egg white(s)
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup(s) lite whipped topping
Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray; divide wafer crumbs among cups.
2. Cream cottage cheese in a food processor until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients, except whipped topping, and process until smooth, about 30 seconds more. If you do not have a food processor, this can be done with an electric mixer although the final product will not be as smooth and creamy.
3. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until firm, about 20 minutes; cool completely. Trace each muffin cup with a knife to loosen cheesecakes, remove from muffin cups and garnish each with 2 teaspoons of whipped topping. Yields one 3-inch cheesecake per serving.
POINTS per serving | 1

I haven't tried it yet!

I'll be right back!!
Old 09-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

OK I'm back!

I wanted to post that before I lost it!

Some of what I said before I lost it!

Welcome to our group sweetpea! We have a great bunch of gals here to help keep your hiney moving and to keep you on track! Tell us a little about yourself and ask us questions...we are so full of answers! We love to help!!

Now for the neat news! I now have the cable service as my internet provider and I just LOVE IT!! It is so darn fast..instant! I don't have to wait to dial up anymore, I just click on the icon and hit my favorites and up you all pop on my screen! Its so awesome! I think my new email address is [email protected]....someone send me some email so I can check it out!!

Sara...you got me all excited! I thought you were going to say it was THERE!! That darn post office! They are so slow...you would think it was going by boat to china!!

I have to go start dinner so the boy can eat by 5:00...he is a bear if he doesn't get his dinner at a decent time! I'll be back to post again!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-30-2002, 07:05 PM   #7  

Can you believe it it's 81 here .....remember it was 28 last week!!!!

So I got my TOM AND my sinus are acting up over this weather being crazy...not in the mood to exercise. I might just do some weights tonight and rest.

When do you all exercise? I was thinking of making myself do it as soon as I get home - or no posting here - as an incentive. I will think on that while resting....

Malia, have fun, take pictures, keep your eyes out for hunks and think of us....we will be thinking of you. Dance whenever you can!!!!! I have always loved "dance as thou no one is watching"....oh, to feel so free.

You all sound so good...it inspires me.....

Later,
Old 09-30-2002, 08:37 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Welcome sweetpea
Hello all
Old 10-01-2002, 12:54 AM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Hidey HO Neighbors. !!!!

I have good news today and not so good.
Good... I have stayed on program all day. And it is due to the fact I threw all that food away down the garbage disposal. I paced like a wild animal a few times... but I stuck to program. I even went to the movies to see"Sweet Home Alabama" and I did NOT get popcorn or a diet pop. Unfortunately... I was soooo tired... I felll asleep several times. I think a couple was laughing at me when I woke up. I am sure I was snoring.
It was a cute movie... I was just exhausted from the weekend and stress and I ran errands all day and got HOT. I will have to go see it again. Luckily I only had to pay $2. LOL

The bad news is... they had to call an ambulance and take my mom to the hospital today. I am headed back to Missouri first thing Tuesday morning. Well about fifth thing... LOL ... I have some errands I cannot postpone. My sister said mom looks better already... but she has no memory of the reunion. She was not well during it... we all told her to go to the hospital but she refused. Well.. now she is there.

Soooo ... I will be gone for a few days AGAIN. Trust me... I am tired of running. But... I am grateful for the health to be able to do it. Keep going strong ladies. I will return.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:03 AM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Just a quickie for Baylee before I forget again....the low carb pasta is Due Amici Pasta Lite. It has 80% less carbs. It is distributed by Orlando Food Corporation in Maywood NJ 07607.

TTFN gotta run to work! Michelle
Old 10-01-2002, 07:26 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin'

Ladies I need your HELP.

I'm back to letting myself eat everything in sight. My journal is a mess already. I've had not 1 but 2 donuts already this morning. They are gone now. I am going to try to stop right now. I know I'm going to have to give up coffee tho. It's definitely a trigger for me. I realize I can't drink the stuff unless I have something (donut, toast, muffin) with it. I don't eat with tea so I'm going to try that route.

2CUTE: I want to see Sweet Home Alabama too. Sounds like you're handling your Mom's illness well. Good Luck.

LUCKY: It's supposed to be 87 here today. we too had frost last week.

MICHELLE: Hope you really enjoy your new ISP. I'm going to be computer shopping soon. My employer has offered us broadband for a super rate but we have to sign up before mid Dec. Looks like I may really have to part with my WebTV at home and join the "real world".

Welcome SWEETPEA. Hello to everyone else.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:47 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello Dear Chickies
Sorry I have been absent lately. Work is so hectic and so is home life
Diet is not great. I want to eat all the time.

I did go see my friend Sun. The one that almost died. She is better but still not back to normal.

Boy we have lots of new people here. Welcome to all of you.
I will try to stay op today but I won't promise

I have a DAR meeting today too.

Hope all of you have a great day and I'll try to check in later.
here is a hug for all of you.I know I sure do need one
Old 10-01-2002, 08:14 AM   #13  

Mary, thanks for the hug...I needed it and here is one back at you

I must confess that I broke my vow to exersize... I was so tired last night I posted here, read through some mail, and went to bed at 8:30.

I might have burnout, according to my Simple Abudance lesson today. I have to change the way I do things from day to day. I plan too much and non of it is nurturing to myself. I always want everything "done" before I take care of me. As I type this I can see why I never exercise or plan my food not to mention nurture myself in other ways. Another thing to think about today....

Hope you all have a good day!!!! See ya later.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:01 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

OK, Baylee and all. I think I found a trigger that I didn't know I was using. I'm not a big coffee drinker. I have a cup in the AM with breakfast. Then if there are goodies at work I go for another cup to wash down the 's I JUST REALIZED that I CAN'T just drink coffee. I have to put something in my mouth along with it .... bagel, toast, donut, cookie. Then I just keep eating from then on. Get the picture??

So I'm tossing my mug and getting a pretty TEACUP to keep at work. Tonight I'll get rid of the instant coffee I keep at home. (See, I'm not a coffee conniseur (sp?)!) I think this will help . I love tea but don't HAVE TO eat when I drink it.

Hope this works. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:51 PM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

Smile Hi Sweetpea

Hey again Sweetpea

I felt bad when I read your post. I sure know how you feel, though. I hate being so caught up in this weight issue. My every waking moment is consumed with the fact that I do not like the way that I look. And I understand the clothing issue, too. It can be really discouraging at times!

Good job on getting a walk in the other night. That is ok if you didn't go far. You will work up to that!!! Were you able to get out last night or yesterday for a walk? That would be good if you can someone to adjust your exercise bike seat. Maybe you could do the bike while you watch tv or something. Sometimes that helps if you get bored!

Hang in there, Sweetpea!! We all know how you feel! Take it one day at a time

Hugs!

Michelle
Closed Thread