Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

This is more motivational than practical, but this has really helped me to stay on track over the weekends. I weigh on Mondays and Fridays, and I consider Monday my "official" weight. So the Friday weighin tells me just how good I do during the week, and knowing that number usually helps me be faithful over the weekend because I don't want to lose that progress. Sounds silly, but it works for me, because efficiency is really important to me, and I can't rationalize losing the same weight twice. So basically I try to lose during the week and maintain over the weekend.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

MonteCristo - I will try that. I usually do the opposite - strive for the Friday weight. Work hard and see the progress and since its always lower than Monday's, it is usually what I consider my "official" weight. Many times, if I over do it onthe weekend I will skip a Monday weigh in and go for Tuesday. (a bit of TMI here... the system gets irregular on the weekends from my change in routine, so I usually spend Monday's drinking more water and going to the bathroom to clean the colon out and flush out any water retention) No matter whether I'm maintaining, losing or gaining - Tuesday's weigh in is always less than Monday's.

When I was actively dieting several years ago, I had my official weigh in on Tuesdays. It did not leave me as discouraged. If the Monday weigh in was equal to or less than Friday, I knew I was making progress.

The trick is focusing on the food this weekend so that Monday's weigh in is equal to or less than today.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnkymonkey View Post
MonteCristo - I will try that. I usually do the opposite - strive for the Friday weight. Work hard and see the progress and since its always lower than Monday's, it is usually what I consider my "official" weight. Many times, if I over do it onthe weekend I will skip a Monday weigh in and go for Tuesday. (a bit of TMI here... the system gets irregular on the weekends from my change in routine, so I usually spend Monday's drinking more water and going to the bathroom to clean the colon out and flush out any water retention) No matter whether I'm maintaining, losing or gaining - Tuesday's weigh in is always less than Monday's.

When I was actively dieting several years ago, I had my official weigh in on Tuesdays. It did not leave me as discouraged. If the Monday weigh in was equal to or less than Friday, I knew I was making progress.

The trick is focusing on the food this weekend so that Monday's weigh in is equal to or less than today.
You see this is why I liked to weigh EVERY day when I was in the losing portion of my journey. There was no *escaping* the scale. I had to *own* that number each and every morning. No sticking my head in the sand. I had to face the scale each and every day, regardless of what occurred the day before. Just a way of letting myself know that what I eat has consequences. There is no way around it.

And to make sure my weekends were just as *tight* as the other days of the week, though I weighed every day, MONDAY was the day that I recorded it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 154/146.6/129

Height: 5'5

gahhh... i just had a really bad weekend... 2 servings of fries in one day! and beer! and a reuben sandwich at a bar! and ice cream cupcakes (thanks a lot, joy the baker!) so I definitely know what you mean about going off plan on weekends... for me it is the only time i get to relax, and the only time I see my boyfriend (who likes to drink, and go out, and eat). and i just had started seeing my weight move from a loooong plateau.

next weekend i'll pre-plan... i swear! really good tips by everyone!
lisa130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

what a friend of mine does because she struggles with weekends is.. makes her weigh in day MONDAY then she thinks "OMG i can't eat that garbage! i've gotta weigh in tomorrow!"
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

Lisa - I know how you feel!

Well, I made it thru the weekend. But again, the scale is just as frustrating. I know it is physically impossible to gain 5lbs in one weeked, so I know it is just water weight. But still....

So - Friday night was good. I went for a bike ride in 100 heat. Can't recall what i had for dinner - may have skipped it, as the heat was a bit much to stomach food. Maybe I just had a yogurt. We were busy around the house.

Sat am - breakfast was a low cal shake (1 cup fruit, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1cup apple juice) and bagel thins with margarine.
Lunch was a sandwhich and a small bag of cheezits.
Dinner was the problem - off to Sweet Tomatoes for salad, small bowl of soup and the Apple crisp w/ icecream. I didn't go way overboard, but the icecream and crisp were more than I should have been allowed.

Exercise was a large amount of work around the house all day long again in 95+ temps.

Sunday, Breakfast was the same shake and bagel thins as Sat.
Lunch was 1/2 sandwhich and the same bag of cheezits. (I think they are the 120cal single serving bag).
I had a chocolate chip cookie late in the day and dinner was baked chicken (1/2 breast with cheese on top) and a corn on the and a bud light lime beer.

Exercise - again, construction work around the house in 95+ temps. (lots of lifting heavy stuff and moving things around)

So, Sunday am when I stepped on the scale after Sat's dinner - I was back to where I started on Monday (152). And today, stepped on the scale and its 1/2lb less(151.5).

This is the frustrating part. Like I said - I know its just water retention - between the icecream Sat and the beer last night - that will do it to me. But mentally, that is the hurdle to get over.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote