Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:25 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Unhappy Using food to cope

HI...

I just recently found out that surgery may be something I need to get done on my right knee and aside from the tears and shock, I haven't really been caring about what I have been eating. I haven't been doing the workouts that I can do. My mind and body are like in a "freeze mode" - like freeze on caring about everything I was doing so well with. I don't know how to get back to eating healthily and working out the way I was... I am still in shock, I only got this news 3 days ago. I am scared of gaining weight when I have the surgery.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

I hear ya, I'm 12 weeks pregnant and just lost 120 lbs total last year! I'm afraid of gaining too much, and I'm also afraid of not being able to work out or be healthy after the baby comes. But I am going to stick to eating healthy. I think as long as we watch what we eat we should be ok! Just be strong. And worst case scenario, if we do gain, if we've lost once, we can lose again! Best of luck to you! Something I did was I calculated how many calories I need per day to maintain my weight with little to no exercise. I'm having a few complications, so the working out has been put on hold. My calorie intake seems to be working because I've only gained what I was supposed to gain during the first trimester.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Don't stop now. You can accomplish this. I haven't really incorporated that much exercise into my plan yet (although trying to) but I have strictly focused on what I need to be eating. So if you have to have surgery make sure you stick to your food plan and you should still lose some.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thanks for the support.

I don't have a food plan, I was journalling my food and exercise but stopped doing that.

I am thinking of starting WW. I just don't know it would be a good idea for me to start WW right before surgery.

I am thinking of doing some core exercises and upper body exercises after my surgery and leg exercises to strengthen my legs before on crutches.

Any suggestions?
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote