Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I eat a pickle. If I eat a pickle<or two> and still want chocolate I measure out a small portion and eat it. Counting the calories of course.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #17  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
I go with Green & Black 85% dark. A lot less sugar, a lot more choc. flavor. I'm good with 3 little squares when the suggested serving is 12 squares. For 12 squares it's just 6 g sugar and 10 total carb.

http://www.greenandblacks.com/us/wha...s/dark-85.html
Yes! I go after the dark stuff, too. Lindt has some yummy dark chocolates. I think they do like a 60% and an 85%? Anyways, I find just a square or two of the good, dark stuff satisfies my chocolate cravings better than any milk chocolate.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #18  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

The darker the chocolate the less it takes to satisfy me too.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #19  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrynight View Post
Chocolate is too much for me, I can't even have a little bit.
That being said.. I keep unsweetened cocoa that I use now and then to make hot cocoa (honey and vanilla extract also mixed in) which helps. Also, I read somewhere that green tea is a good way to assuage chocolate cravings because there are certain properties in it that are the same as in chocolate, and these have the same feel-good effect as chocolate does.
That being said, I dislike green tea.. but my friend told me that the best way is to boil the water, steep the tea, and then let it sit for a while until it cools to room temperature. I noticed the flavor is less bitter and mixed with honey it isn't bad.
I am around TOM right now and I've been having intense cravings, but I tried the green tea thing earlier today and so far I haven't had any chocolate cravings, so who knows?
I did not know this! Cool! Another trick with green tea is to heat the water JUST before it boils. Do not let it boil. It's the boiling that makes the tea bitter. I've learned to listen to my tea kettle and I know the hiss to listen for when the water is just right.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #20  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Another trick with green tea is to heat the water JUST before it boils. Do not let it boil. It's the boiling that makes the tea bitter.
I have also heard that you don't ever want to squeeze the tea bag - that makes it bitter, too.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Some frozen meal company has little single serving desserts. It's not the most nutritious thing ever but if I want chocolate really bad, I have one. It's that Smart One meals thing. Fruit in chocolate, that's another option.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

I kind of agree with the pickle suggestion above, but not just once, as a habit. I was a chocolate fiend, but I find as I have added more strong-flavored things to my diet I can have it in the house untouched for weeks. I decided when I started calorie counting that I would still eat yummy things, but in much smaller portions. And I was allowed to spend a little more money on foods I wouldn't get otherwise, because I was being good and eating less. So now every day I have something like smoked salmon with cream cheese and fresh dill on pumpernickel rye bread, or a tiny bit of feta cheese and oregano with my salad, or fresh basil and garlic on my grilled tomato and red pepper pita sandwich. And I think somehow that has satisfied the chocolate craving-sweet tooth cells. I do have to limit these things because a lot of them are high salt (except for the fresh herbs.)
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

oooh I can't have chocolate in the house and know about it. I have my bf hide it (even the baking stuff). And I only eat some dark chocolate when I'm at my parent's house. If I'm going crazy for some I eat a fruit and a huge glass of water. I hate being controlled by a food like that so I will not give in!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

What i do is.. i keep fat free pudding in the flavours i like.. so when i crave chocolate.. i can have that and it curbs it alittle!!! but i never keep chocolate in the house.. real chocolate, i can't!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote