Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 07:43 PM   #16  

Oh, Baylee, on the prison thing.

This prison was built and owned by the town it is in but they couldn't handle it so some company bought it from some southern state. I think they go this route because we need prisons. This one has been here less than ten years and they have added on twice. Usually the prisoners are from Puerto Rico, Hawaii or some other far away place. The joke here is they do that because the prisoners wouldn't want to escape into Minnesota weather.

I have two relatives working there so I could get more insight on the ownership thing. It isn't a State prison like St. Cloud.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:02 PM   #17  
Falling, but fighting...

Hello everyone,

Been on vacation over the last week and a half doing things around the house (painting, cleaning, gardening, waterproofing, etc). So tired, but sure don't want to go back to work on Monday either.

I am doing pretty well food wise. I lost 1 pound at WW this morning and received by 55 # star. I am now down 55.5 pounds at WW and 74.5 overall. I am also very close to being in the 260s which seems like heaven to me right now.

My SIL who also has been going to WW with me over the last few months is now quitting, as she is PREGNANT! She is approximately 5 weeks. She told the people at WW that she plans to come back in June 2003 once the baby is about a month old. I sure am going to miss the support, the competition, and the motivation. She was doing so well, but now she has a new challenge....

People seem to be noticing my weight loss a bit more now. While I haven't been losing very fast, I think my fat is repositioning itself (LOL!). I really am looking forward to the day where I will be considered just fat, not morbidly obese. I want to be a size 16 again (7th grade). I want to begin to see myself thinner. I don't want to be a size 6, I just want to be smaller than I am right this minute.

By the way, I have decided that if we are financially ready, we are planning to try having another baby starting in January 2004. Andrew will be 4 then, and by the time the baby would be born, and I take time off from work, he will be starting kindergarten. Which will be helpful, as daycare is so expensive. My ob/gyn wants me to be under 250, which hopefully will not be a problem, but heck, I was over 300 with Andrew and only gained like 10 pounds, of which almost 9 pounds was baby.

Anyhow, that is the update with me.

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:29 PM   #18  
grateful

Dear Kat,

This is the first time I have been to any of the forums in a long, long time. I was really inspired by your thread that you started. I did not consider it a downer. It was like reading a page out of my own life.

I have literally reached rock bottom with my weight. About the depression you think you might be feeling. The symptoms you are describing are classic of depression. There is no shame/fear or anything else involved with getting help. What people don't understand is that our "mental" health is just as important if not more important than our "physical" health. I am the mother of 4 children, ages 15, 6, 5 and 10 months. After my last child was born about 3 weeks later I had a major breakdown which they described as post partum depression, I had to be hospitalized for this and I am currently taking Zoloft, (non-habit forming) 150 mg. daily. This is the first time that I have ever experienced true depression in my life and I can say with all honesty the good lord above and Zoloft saved my life, truthfully God probably led me to this medication for my survival. The only problem I experienced with this medication is that is takes anywhere from 14 to 21 days to start to work but once it starts to work my life got back to normal in a real hurry. As someone else posted, please get help and don't waste the precious moments of your life suffering.

Now after that lecture back to the weight issue. I am 5'2" and I weigh 252 lbs. This is the heaviest I have been in my life. I am only 36 years old and already my knees are giving me tremendous trouble due to having to carry all of this weight around. I have tried numerous "weight loss" diets and tactics. I just can't seem to get on track. I really need all of the help and support I can get from this forum and I also need friends. If I sound desperate then its because I am. My life is passing me by as my children are growing up and I am literally a prisoner of my own house. I don't want to go anywhere or participate in anything because of the comments I get about my weight. My husband says there are more important things in life than worrying about my weight and I agree but I am also concerned about my health. It seems I am totally out of control. I eat, and eat and eat and eat like a pig and then feel guilty, it is a never ending process.

On the housework. I totally agree with what someone else posted. Lists, lists, lists. Do one thing at a time. For instance lets say hypothetically you have a 3 bedroom house with 2 baths, etc. On your list put today I will 1. Clean one bedroom. Tomorrow I will clean 1 bathroom. I mean throughly clean these areas not just surface cleaning. The end result will be a very clean house and then all you will have to do is maintenance cleaning.

Well gotta go for now. I apologize to you if I sound preachy. Its just that my heart goes out to you so much. I can relate to you so very much in my own life.

Thanks for listening and sorry this is so long.

Terri
Old 09-08-2002, 02:25 AM   #19  

Angry Hello my LOVELIES!

I've been SO busy in the last couple of days that I haven't had time to post... and still don't! It's 2:30am here and I just wanted put in an appearance!

Tomorrow, hubby and I are heading into Toronto as his parents will be in town for the day and we're supposed to have lunch with them... SO I'll probably get a good posting in after then!

All's well on the diet front. I've been tempted SO much today with really bad food but I was very well behaved. I actually was in a situation today that if I didn't eat fattening, greasy food, I would have to go without food... so I went without!

ANYHOO... a big welcome to you newbies and I'll be back to post in earnest tomorrow evening!

TTFN,
Sara
Old 09-08-2002, 06:40 AM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Well ladies, I'll tell you....... I just don't have it in me for a long post tonight. (or I guess I should say this morning) This is my last day of the week and I am thrilled. The best part about it is, is that I'm not tired. :hypno2: I'm just drained. I've had a real busy week. Work, I am happy to say......is GREAT! It's just like coming back home, but without the fire breathing dragon ready to eat you up! I don't know if that last sentence made any sense or not, but for those of you that remember the tales of my old boss........you will understand. I've got about 25 more minutes and I am out of here and on the way home.......I do have to stop by the stupid grocery store on the way home and pick up some stuff for dinner today. I'm like old mother hubbard. (not sure if that's how you spell that) You know, the one that went to get her poor dog a bone and the cupboards were bare? Yep, that's me. Here lately, I've gotten to hate grocery shopping. I send dh as often as I can, but we can only live on hotdogs for so long, you know? I don't really have a lot to say today, believe it or not. I think my brain needs a rest. I will be back this afternoon. I you all!

I will say, however to Terri: Welcome! You don't know it yet, but you have just entered a thread with some of the nicest people you will ever want to meet. If you post and post often and get to know us. We will be like your second family. (You know, the ones that you pretend your not related to?) Welcome! Glad to have you here with us!
Old 09-08-2002, 08:37 AM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, everyone! I'm up early to post as we have my grandnephew's baptism this morning at 10:00. I figured I would get up, plug in the hot rollers, and come talk to all my friends while they heat up.

Food has been so-so lately. I've fallen deeply into the trap of "I'll start in earnest when I get back from Niagara Falls", not a good frame of mind.

LuckyLadyBug: You're so sweet. Thanks. I bet you were having a fit at the funeral that your uncle was trying to fix you up! What a hoot! You've got everyone on 'man patrol'. "Could you all calm down on posting over the next three days?????" You're too funny! All the rest of us have to play 'catch up' when we're gone, what makes you so special??? Huh, huh??? Have a good, safe trip. We'll see you on thread #212 when you get back! Besides, I'll be gone Wednesday, Thursday and Friday so that would mean no one can post for a week. I don't think that's going to happen!

Baylee: I wonder if you know how profound a statement this was: "I have to think about what is more important to me; losing weight, or not keeping track of what I eat." My WW leader says that on the top of each page of her journal every week she writes: "Are You Willing?" Even for her, maintaining is a struggle sometimes and she needs to remind herself. I found your statement to be right on target. Isn't taking a minute to write what we bite worth the effort for such a terrific result? You bet it is!!

Susie: Gosh it's good to see you. It sounds like you had more work than vacation this past week. What a busy beaver you were. I hope since it's Sunday, you can get in at least one day of real vacation (relax, take it easy) before returning to work tomorrow. You are doing so well with your weightloss efforts. Almost 75# gone, that's wonderful!! Keep up the good work.

Terri/1fatlady: Hi. Glad you stopped in to join us. Mary is from Mississippi too. Maybe you guys are neighbors. I'm also very happy that you found your solution to your depression. My girlfriend has found the same thing: she got her life back. * Come back again and join us. We're a pretty eclectic bunch (all ages, all sizes, from all over), and we love new-comers.

Sara: Have fun with the in-laws. Good for you passing on all the fattening stuff. Good job!

Tina: I'm so happy for you that you made the decision to go back to your old job and be happy! [[[hugs]]] You just sound so much better. * I've gotten to the point where I hate grocery shopping too. I'm not sure what's going on with that. Well, yes I do. I don't mind the shopping so much as the dragging it all in the house and putting it away. I can throw stuff in a cart and pay for it, it's just what happens next that I hate! I've found that I CAN'T send hubby or sons to do it, as they pick up all the full fat stuff instead of the 'lite' or 'fat free' stuff that I use, and then of course there's the donuts and all the other crap they select!!! I can't win!!!

Well, girls, the rollers are hot, gotta run. The rest of my household is up and running now too. See you all later.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:46 AM   #22  

Well, I am packed and almost ready for my trip. I feel like I am leaving for years. I won't leave until noon so I will check in here again to make an attempt to not let all the posts pile up for my return. Somedays we don't say much and others we yak up a storm, don't we?

Susie, I am surprised that the WW leader didn't have your SIL stay because when I did WW a couple years ago the leader and some of the group were pregnant. They got more points than the rest of us but they still came. Way to go on the weight loss....

Terri, welcome to the group. Don't aplogize for long posts, they happen here often.

Sara, you sure a doing good on the control!!!! Have fun in Toronto.

Tina, that was a short post for you! I am so happy you are happy back at your job. I am a bit surprised you have never gotten a job in "you know who's" pit crew!! I do hate to disagree with you but you CAN too live on hot dogs - indefinately!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 08:54 AM   #23  

Thin, you snuck in on me...

AND made me have a twinge in my stomach...

Quote:
Baylee: I wonder if you know how profound a statement this was: "I have to think about what is more important to me; losing weight, or not keeping track of what I eat." My WW leader says that on the top of each page of her journal every week she writes: "Are You Willing?" Even for her, maintaining is a struggle sometimes and she needs to remind herself. I found your statement to be right on target. Isn't taking a minute to write what we bite worth the effort for such a terrific result? You bet it is!!
YOU just may have got me to journal - drum roll and three cheers for Thin!!!!!

That doesn't mean I won't whine...but I will REALLY start to journal...Wednesday!!!!!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:25 AM   #24  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Welcome Terri?1fatlady: Come visit us often I am from Mississippi also. This group of ladies are great.

To everyone else good morning. I am going into town to shop see if I can find something different. :

cb:

Old 09-08-2002, 10:43 AM   #25  
a work in progress...

Good Morning Gals!

Dr Jekyll reporting from the home front...What a glorious day!! (Except for the HUGE amount of ragweed dust flying throught the air, rendering me a sneezing, sniffling, snorting mess)...but you know what?? I don't care because I feel good mentally!!!

Thank you and WELCOME, Terri...I think I'm going to make an appointment with my primary doc, and not wait til I see the gyn guy. I could use a full blown physical anyway/ I have suspected for a while that I may suffer from depression...never really wanted to admit it though. How could I be depressed?? I'm always laughing, the life of the party?!? But deep down, I have always been unhappy with myself. And that is hard to admit. On the one hand, I feel so totally blessed, I have a wonderful husband that I still laugh with and love after 19 years, two great, well adjusted kids (I don't think that happens accidentally, you need good parents to raise them that way), we are not rich, but are financially better off than we have been in years, we all have good health, I've never suffered any of the tragedies and losses that most people I know have....SO WHAT THE **** IS DEPRESSING ME??? I AM an adult child of alcoholics and I know some of my angst stems from that. There is A LOT of alcoholism in my family. I should probably look into attending Al Anon...have thought that for years. You know what??? I'm going to put that on the LIST that I started for this week...right now!

Okay, therapy session over...thank you all, again, for being here and being true friends. I love you guys!

While I have the tissues out, did anyone see "Whwn We Were Soldiers"? Oh Lord, did I use up a half a box last night! Vietnam movies just really get to me in a way that other war movies don't. Maybe because I remember those days, probably because of the pointlessness of it all. I won't even go there.

Tina, give my regards to Tony! Just flutter your eyelashes and flash him that big smile! He'll be panting for YOU!

Lucky...do you remember the show "Prisoner of Cell Block H?" It was about a woman's prison, with those scary lady guards. But they could kick ***! Maybe you'll want to start pumping iron!

Baylee...thanks for the article...I KNOW I need to up my exercise, I don't think an hour a day is too much, if you schedule it in...may cut into my computer time though! YOu're right about journalling, gonna start that right now too...I was tidying up before, while waiting for the computer to boot up...came across a little "At a glance" date book and tossed it, thinking, well, I haven;t used this all year, who needs it now? I fished it out of the trash before to start my list, and now I have just added this mornings food and water. look out! I'm journalling! Come on Lucky, you can too!

SaraJoy...have fun with your folks!

Thin, is Niagra Falls far from where you are? It's about a 10 hour drive from here...I've always wanted to go there. Have fun and give us details! Maybe WARD will be there with the barrel over the falls concession!

Hi Mary! Still pondering a name for your Sat AM library/coffee klatch...

Susie...it sounds like you are doing well, slowly but surely...isn't that the way it's SUPPOSED to be done? Good for you!

Michelle...I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up either. I just added calling the community college to my list...Thanks for the inspiration!

J-ann...thank you for the list idea! I have resisted it for so long, thinking, "what the ****, I won't follow it anyway," but it does feel good to be able to cross an accomplishment OFF once completed!

Steph, where are ya? We didn't scare you off, did we?

Malia, parlez-vous francais? German, and now French? You amaze me.

2cute...come back! Miss you!

I hope I didn't miss anyone...if so, I'll catch you next time. Gotta go get ready for a wedding reception this afternoon. My nephew and his gal got married last week in Jamaica, party's today! I was going to buy something new to wear, decided that I have more than enough fat clothes, I really don't need to add to their ranks! Anyeay, I have a cute bargain dress that I've never worn...gonna get my $15 worth!

This is WAY longer than I wanted it to be. Sorry!

Have a great day, all! Thanks again for listening and understanding!

Love ya!
Old 09-08-2002, 10:46 AM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies,
I am so lucky to have such good friends both here and in"real life". I sat out front yesterday for over an hour waiting for my friend to get in so I could tell her about the car 1st thing. :sad: I worked myself up into a tizzy worrying. Well, she was great! After the initial "you didn't?" she just said "these things happen, we'll let the insurance companies handle it." Phew! I knew she wouldn't hate me but you still worry. It did help keep me on program tho. I had a muffin for breakfast, then we had 30 -40 folks over for a barbecue-get together. There were home made goodies everywhere. My stomach was still so tied in knots that I finally had a rib an a couple salt potatoes around 8 pm and that was it for the day. Not the way WW suggests you eat but a heck of a lot better than binging.

Today should be better. A few folks who came from out of town will be back to help clean up the left-overs.

WELCOME TERI from MISS. Glad you found us.This is a great bunch!

Can't stay to chat, got to finish cleaning up from the bash.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:17 AM   #27  

Kat, you are rolling....you are working on a great list. Becareful at the doctor - don't let them give you drugs, drugs, drugs....you know how you hear those stories where doctors give women drugs to pacify them....but I know you are too smart to fall for that.!

Also, I think we may be around the same era - - don't know if I mentioned this before but I am 51. You probably have a hormone thing going on...at least that's what I blame everything on!!!! As I said I have had (and have sometimes) the same feelings as you but have noticed if I take my vitamins and eat more protein I feel better.

Come on, Sara, your our resident therapist even if you did change to Accounting.

j-ann Your friend sounds like a keeper.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:03 PM   #28  
grateful

Thanks everyone for welcoming me to this wonderful group of ladies.

Kat, you were wondering about why you are depressed. You say you have a wonderful husband, kids and are financially o.k. at the moment. Well as you will find out as you search for the causes of depression all of this has nothing to do with it. It is literally a chemical imbalance in the brain that makes you depressed and the medications make the chemicals work properly again.

I had everything to be happy about also, my brain chemicals just went haywire.

What part of Mississippi are you from. I am from the Northeast part. I'll try and post again soon. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Terri
Old 09-08-2002, 02:24 PM   #29  
a work in progress...

I'm checking in quickly...I had a great walk with my doggie, we went to the beach and strolled around this old fort. It was pretty neat, the fort was in operation from 1896 to 1974...there are old gun bunkers and cannons...During WWII, it was on full alert to protect New York Harbor from attack. There were actually German submarines right out off our coast. See? I got some exercise and some sun AND I learned something!

So far, eating has been fabulous, water excellent AND I've exercised. Good good good.

See you later, love to all.
Closed Thread