Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #31  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I hate my toes. They are oddly shaped and it really bothers me.
I hate my hair, it is betraying me by falling out (I blame genetics as both my mom and dad are bald), although I do like that it's still fairly thick and grows pretty fast.
I hate my boobs, they are gigantic and droopy after being overweight and having/feeding two kids.
I hate my post-baby tummy that hasn't gone away since I had my first kid in 2008.
I love my butt, it might be big but it's perky and shapely.
I love my forearms, years of being a percussionist has made them muscular but not bulky.
I love my eye color, it's a gorgeous sparkly dark brown that I've never seen on anyone else.
I LOVE my nose, it's cute and just the right size.
And I love my wrists, they are small and delicate.

Last edited by Latchkey Princess; 03-20-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

I don't like my skin-- its so marred from pubescent acne. =( And freckles. In the summer time, when I have a tan, I feel like my face just looks dirty.

But, I love my hair. People always come up to me and ask me if its my natural color, which it is. Currently growing it out for locks of love because I think its a blessing I should share with someone who needs it.
KatehSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #33  

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
I wear the same size and you have 2" on me!! Don't you hate trying to find feminine looking shoes??
Tell me about it! I gave up on being a "shoe person" along time ago, and I could totally see myself owning TONS of them
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #34  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I don't like how big the pores on my face are, I tend towards mild acne too.
I don't like my overly wingy, flabby upper arms.
I don't like the stretch marks on my stomach, blech, but can live with it.
I don't like all the weight I carry on my thighs.
I don't like my thick ankles.

I like/don't like my chest: when in a good bra, like very much; on their own, a bit sand baggy (yikes, tmi)
I do like my lips and eyes, and thick lashes.
I like my neck and my shoulders, which have taken on a much nicer shape from using weights and resistance machines.
I like my finger nails, which have a good shape and are really break/chip resistant.
I like my behind, which is rather big, granted, but I like it anyway.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #35  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I don't like my eyelashes -- they're short and stubby and no amount of mascara seems to help.
And my wrists -- they're so delicate that I'm always worried when I lift weights -- sometimes it feels like I could snap 'em in half!
And my belly -- I've had a belly all my life and I don't like how pants always feel tight in the waist.

But I love my hair! It's soft and layers nicely. Easy to style too.
I love my legs -- I have muscular calves and thighs from weight training and they look darn good in shorts.
I love my collarbones, and the little sprinkling of freckles on my left hand.
And my boobs! They're a nice average size, so I can easily make them appear bigger or smaller depending on what I wear. I like having the freedom to have cleavage... or not, if I don't feel like it!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #36  
Mission to maintenance!

S/C/G: 227/150/145

Height: 5'9

I'm starting to like my arms, never had definition in them before, and now I'm excited to wear tank tops this summer

I don't like my boobs...since they seem to be nonexistent, especially now after losing the majority of my weight.

I like my eyebrows, I always get compliments on them.

I don't like my skin, I have keratosis pilaris, and I tend to ignore it most of the time, but I hate how noticeable it is on my legs during the summer!

I like my eye color, I had blue eyes until late childhood and then I suddenly had green eyes.

I don't like my deflated stretch marks...some days I feel like a saggy balloon that no amount of strength training will improve!

Finally, I like my collarbones, now that I can actually see them! :P
LBLAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 219/219/140

Height: 5'5"

Dislikes: boobs - way too big; my stomach suddenly is larger than ever before and not really a big change in weight, just a shift in fat I guess.
Likes: I have nice feet and skin, and I can admit I am fairly attractive but don't feel that way with this weight on me. I can look back at photos and think I looked pretty good then.
Twitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #38  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

Ooh this is a great thread to read through!

At the risk of sounding vain, I like my face. Now that I am growing my hair out my general shape is nice and my makeup goes on really well and everytime I get dolled up to hit clubs I feel really sexy.

And I love my legs. I always wear skirts and stilettos when I go out and always seem to get compliments on them.

As far as everything else, I am actually overall happy with my body now, little curves and all.

One thing with a llittle downside though is my shoulders. They are very wide and I can't wear every single thing i would like to.

But I'm happy with me. I think I'm good
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I love my smile and my dimples. I've been told by several people that I have a really welcoming face and that I appear naturally friendly and look approachable.

I also love my nose. I've been asked by a couple of people, who did it! I always reply my parents. I guess if my nose is perfect enough that people want it, it's pretty darn good!

I dislike my thighs, no matter what I weigh, they are always much bigger proportionately than the rest of me. My not crazy about my hair. I'm 26 and already going gray. Plus, my hair is super fine and stick strait, no volume or anything, no matter what I do with with it just looks limp.

I'm also incredibly hairy. Thankfully, I've managed to fix that with waxing and laser hair removal, but I've still got hairy arms a stubborn patch on my bikini line.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #40  

Height: 5'7"

LOVE - My hair, it is white-blonde naturally (never colored it once!), straight and fine, but there is A LOT of it. My eyes are a navy blue color and they're BIG! My lips are full and pink and i love lip gloss more than junk food (this is one of my tricks, i apply fresh gloss and then when I'm tempted to eat something bad I just think "can't mess up my gloss!"), My legs are long and lean and I've always had good muscle definition in my calves and thighs. My collar bone is very defined and looks very elegant. And this is going to sound weird, but I really like my ears. I have petite, cute little ears and look good when I have my hair pulled back.

HATE (UGH!) - Tummy. I carry all my extra weight there, and am asked more often than I enjoy if I'm pregnant. Arms - my arms are muscular, but with no definition, so they just look kinda big and blocky. I think we all have foot issues. Mine are big and manly, but I'm tall, so I guess it's proportionate. My fingers are chubby and sausage-like, even when I'm thin. Overall most of my physical issues can be taken care of when I lose weight and tone up.

Last edited by kathrynk; 03-22-2010 at 10:16 AM.
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 147/146/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodforme View Post
We can all change our clothing size through diet and exercise, but some things you cannot change. . .

I hate the shape of my fingernails. They grow wider and wider after they get past the end of my finger, shaped like triangles. I can never wear artificial nails because they aren't shaped right. Therefore, I keep them cut short and no polish to draw less attention.

Also, I hate my ankle to calf ratio. I feel like my calf is ginormous and my ankle is miniscule. Actually, my calf is muscular and not totally unattractive, just that skinny little ankle down there makes it look horrible. So, I never wear skirts or capris in public, and if I wear shorts, I must have shoes and socks on to hide/bulk up my ankles.

But, I love my lips. They are not too full, not too skinny, and no matter how fat I get they stay the same.

Anyone else?

I would die to have ankles like you! How could you be insecure about the great legs you have! Muscular calf and skinny ankles sounds like legs that should ONLY be in skirts and capris!

Also there are so many ways to fix the nail problem. You can get them done professionally and they can shape them so that when they grow they'll grow into your desired shape. If that doesnt work for you, there is always acrylic nails you can get done, those are also beautiful.

You are lucky that the things you don't like about yourself are actually not bad things at all!
stickTOthePLAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I agree that I'm lucky hating only a couple things about my body, but that came with time and age, when I was in my teens/twenties, I hated so much about myself. . .it was sad, really. Accepting that there are things you can change and some things you just CAN'T was a long time coming to me.

I can hate my feet for being hard to fit, or be grateful that I can still walk on them. I can hate my belly and breasts, flabby saggy mess that they are, or be grateful that I have my two children. And I hated that horrible attitude that I had for so many years, so I'm grateful I've been able to come to some acceptance about myself.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #43  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

This is a great thread.

I used to have an issue with my nose (too big) and my ears (sticking out) when I was younger; nowadays I accept them as part of of my body and I don't lose any sleep over it.

I don't like the fact that my hair is so fine and hard to maintain but all hair stylists always give me compliments on how healthy it is and how much of it I have.

I wish I had ankles, I have cankles instead.

I don't like my feet that are too wide and the toes are more or less the same length, therefore I cannot wear many a shoe (forget the pointed shoes, I have a hard time even with a lot of more regular shapes).

I like my nails, they are healthy and strong. The shape could be a bit better but in general they look good and I can grow them long.

I have a very fair skin that burns very easily and I have rosacea (mostly dormant) yet many people give me compliments on my skin (I honestly don't get that).
My boobs could never pass the pencil test even when I was 20, they are bit on the bigger size and I would wish for a smaller one but I don't hate them. Considering I am 50, the gravity's toll could have been worse. I only wish they were of equal size (the left one is bigger).

I am extremely proud of my small butt and narrow hips. When my jeans get looser (regardless of what my weight is at that time) I can usually pull them off without unbuttoning/unzipping them (especially the low-riding ones).
I love wearing low-riding jeans - not those lower-than-pubic-hair ones, of course, just an 1.5" below the waist - they are so liberating!!!

I like my back, shoulders and arms - the results of weight lifting are very obvious.

Edited to add:
I forgot to say I am proud of my height. If I could, I would like to be another 1-2" taller.

Last edited by Tomato; 03-23-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote