Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 08:06 AM   #46  

I'm so happy for you, Kaylets! Two More Pounds!

And that may be as happy as I get about weight loss this week. I don't weigh in until Wed. but I'm not expecting much progress (I should stay off that scale, shouldn't I?). However, I felt my WHOLE week was in control - I ate moderately, exercised and drank water. I very seldom feel A WHOLE WEEK was as it should be - well, at least in those ways - so I am happy about that and when this old body gets used to the new way of being, I'm sure it will retire a few pounds sooner or later. It is so fairminded of Empress A to allow us a flexible goal date. I may need to take advantage of that - I knew in my heart that my first five pound loss was a gift and that I don't usually lose that readily.

I continue to feel I am a more healthy person and dh has started calling me "baggy pants" so I count these as important achievements.

Our Empress sets us a good example in her moderate consumption and devotion to amortizing the cost of her new tapes. I look forward to more words of wisdom from EP expressing her new insights from the Sea of Determination and other places she might visit on her worldwide trek.

On a research note, I appreciate the review of the PopTart Stix (as I had seen their message on the demon box). When I crave donut, cookies, etc. I take to a SlimFast Meal. I know our Empress drinks SlimFast as do I (breakfast this a.m.). But I find the new Meals a plus for me. There are times when I feel no LITTLE snack will do anythig but lead to another and an escalation of calories. At those times, I have a SF Meal. It's 220 but really blunts the sugar craving. Sometime even a half works (or a half now and a half later if it persists). Working best for me are the oatmeal ones which taste somewhat like a spice cake (IMO or imagination). Anyway, the snacks don't work for me as I treat one like an appetizer to more and they mostly involve chocolate which is a trigger for me.

Off my chatterbox and on with my week. A good one to all!
Old 09-09-2002, 08:39 AM   #47  

Default HELLOOOOOO

Hellooooo.....Amarantha....how are you? I am sorry for not posting in many many days...ok more like a month or more....but I gave up on myself and figured there was no point in coming on here to post my failures....I am however glad to say I am getting ready to start back doing ww's at home......I just hope this time I can remain on it for more than a month or two......

How are all the others doing from our old group???

I cant stay long right now......I just shipped Jesse off to school and Kail and I are heading to Walmart to get a new scale for my new beginning......

Take care all...and hello to those of you I have not met yet!!!

LisaL
Old 09-09-2002, 10:33 AM   #48  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning loosers!!

Well, if it hadn't been for last week's goof-off I'd have made my challenge, but alas, I must learn to be flexable since perfection is not my aim... I am down 1 pound, bringing me back to 4 pounds loss - just 1.5 short of goal my, which I am moving back just one week! Next Monday, 9/16 is my new goal date. I will do this!!

I spent the weekend finishing my carport and baking oodles of bread (banana and zucchini) NONE of which I ate until this morning! Quite a feat if I may say so! My back's all outta' whack again from spending 4 hours doing construction, so I guess I'll have to finally go see a chiropractor...

Kaylets - Congrats on those 2 pounds!!!!! I'm right behind ya' goal buddy!!! How was the concert? It sounds like it would've been wonderful.

Amarantha - Your hike sounds wooooonderful!

Anagram - Yes, your hubby's diet does sound surreal! But, if it keeps him healthy longer that's what matters - I wish you both well in adapting to a new way of life.

Guinever - I agree with Kaylets, hang in there! You'll eventually develope some ways of dealing with this - they mentioned the unwashed hands... well, I have another "friend" named Filbert (he's a bug) who likes to crawl on people's forbidden food and do nasty things on it. Yes, he's a figment of my imagination, but imagining a bug laying eggs on my favorite bridge mix cured me of eating it (5 years or more since I've eaten it). You can borrow him if you'd like - he's just been eating lint in my pocket for a few weeks now...

That's all for now - I have my sights set on 1.5 pounds this week!

Terri
Old 09-09-2002, 11:13 AM   #49  
Empress/Queen

GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!! Ahem! KAYLETS HAS CHASED TWO MORE POUNDS TO THE RESORT O' RETIRED That's a seven-pound loss overall, methinks, as Kaylets is on her 2ND CHALLENGE! Woo-hoo! Congratulations to Kaylets!

More GOOD NEWS!!! Punkin O' Friday hath chased away a pesky , bringing her to within
ONE POUND OF HER CHALLENGE GOAL!!!Woo-hoos all around for the Friday Fancier and her bug Filbert!!!

Woo-hoos also go to ANAGRAM!!! She hath EATEN MODERATELY AND STAYED IN CONTROL for the week and HER EFFORTS WILL PAY OFF!!! HOW CAN IT BE OTHERWISE? Congratulations to Anagram!

HOORAY!!! MOM is in the house!!! MomTo2Boys, the group is here and on the 21-Day Challenge Thread and all are doing ROYALLY!!! So glad you are back to posting and congratulations for your new start with WW! You WILL succeed!!! Please join the POWER O' FIVE TEAM here if it pleaseth thee or the 21-Day Challenge. (Lots of us are doing both!) The Power O' Five are posting dates by which we challenge ourselves to lose five pounds. There is a prize for each successful challenge winner (FIVE VIRTUAL BAGS O' GOLD). There are no rules (e.g., you can have endless extensions and can do it anyway you want) but there is ONE caveat: If a gain occurs, Amarantha refuseth to update that on the list until a week hath passed BECAUSE it is likely water and who careth about that!!!?

Update FOLLOWS!!! Then Amarantha must runneth to the Dispatch Office to receive EP's latest news, as she reaches the SHORE O' NEW DREAMS today to continue her walkabout!
Old 09-09-2002, 11:19 AM   #50  
Empress/Queen

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15, DOWN 1.5

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, 2ND CHALLENGE, SIX DOWN BY OCT. 1

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24

DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13, DOWN 4

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30, DOWN 2

LEGGS02, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 4

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 25, DOWN 3

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 2

Old 09-09-2002, 12:45 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

ok ladies, I think I'm going crazy. Yesterday when I got on the scale it said 260. Now that is 6 lbs in 1 week. Is that possible? I didn't believe it so I got on the scale again today and it still said 260. I mean it's great if it's true, but that seems like an awful lot considering I didn't really do anything differently. I was sick on Friday so I didn't really eat at all. It was also TOM, but I thought that tends to hinder weight loss, not speed it up. Somebody help!
I'm not going to update my signature just yet, do don't update my challenge just yet. I think for this month I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing and see what the dr's scale says on Oct 1 and go from there.
Steph
Old 09-09-2002, 01:27 PM   #52  
Is it Friday yet?

Steph! It's totally possible!!! If you question your scale that's one thing - but don't question it if you know your scale is good.

The more you have to loose the faster you loose it at first. It's not unreasonable to *occasionally* have these kinds of awsome losses - they're mostly water - but WHO cares????

More good news, the healthier you eat, the more water you drink, makes the whole 'time of the month' thing not affect your body *nearly* as much as it used to. You might not gain as much, or feel as puffy as you normally do!

WaaaaHOOOOOO Steph!!!

Terri
Old 09-09-2002, 01:44 PM   #53  

Thanks for the info Terri. I know my scale isn't broke because it weighs everyone else in the family correctly. I was just floored to lose that much in 1 week. But I'll take it. I think I'm still going to wait and see what the dr's scale says before I set another goal. So I'll continue to do what I've been doing and update my weight on Oct 1 and go from there.
Steph
Old 09-09-2002, 01:44 PM   #54  
Opera Diva

Yea Steph! I know for a fact that it is possible - especially if you did something out of the ordinary like get sick. Sometimes things like that just give weight loss a kick. So I say update that sucker!

As for me, thank you all again for all the support! I'm having a difficult time weighing in since I don't have a scale at my house, so I have to resort to using the doctor's scale at the gym while wearing all my clothing and shoes. How many pounds should you take off for a situation like that? I do 4 since I know my shoes are 2 pounds alone. Anyway, I know I've at least maintained since I've been here, maybe even lost a pound or two!

Punkinseed- your little bug idea cracked me up! I know that next time I'm having a temptation, I'll think about him whether I want to or not!

Genevieve
Old 09-09-2002, 03:20 PM   #55  

Hey Steph you bet it is possible to have that kind of loss. It seemed when i first started that I would do the samething from week to the next and there it would be a nice 6lb loss and then I would have a week where I would loss 2 and then 6 again. So enjoy it anything is possible. Kaylets congrats.
Guinever, the school stuff is hard my daughter goes to college but lives at home and when she is at school the temptation is terrible when her freinds are eating burgers and chips. she found it very hard last term but seems to have got a hold of it this year. She just remembers how far she has come and knows she doesn't want to go back so she just eats what she brings. Just hang in there you can do it.
Well weigh in is tomorrow for me so i will post then bye for now.
Old 09-09-2002, 03:25 PM   #56  

Well since everyone is telling me that it's possible, I guess I achieved my goal in 1 week. So I'll set a new one 5 lbs by Oct 1 to put me at 255. Again I'll see what the dr's scale says compared to mine. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-09-2002, 06:23 PM   #57  
Empress/Queen

Woo-Hoo!!! Bobsgal achieved her goal in ONE WEEK!!! That's a fabulous 6 down!!! Bobsgal, I'm on the run, but will update your challenge for five pounds by Oct. 1!!! I'm in total concurrence with all said above; it is TOTALLY possible to lose 6 pounds in a week and in a healthy fashion depending on certain circumstances. Of course, it's always good to check with doc, but I wouldn't worry if I were you. When I started my major weight loss journey, I lost five the first week, then three, then two, etc., for a long time. Sometimes we are losing fat but the body isn't quite ready to give up the water, etc., for awhile and that could account for it. If you're eating healthily and enough and your scale checks out ok, I'd say YOU DID IT!!! Woo-hoo! SIX BAGS O' (VIRTUAL) GOLD TO BOBSGAL!!!!

Hi to all, gotta run back to mountains in a sec after doing Leslie challenge.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:27 PM   #58  
Empress/Queen

Default Bobsgal achieves goal in ONE week!

AMARANTHA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15, DOWN 1.5

ANAGRAM, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 4

BABETTE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 15

BYRD, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 16, DOWN 1

BOBSGAL, 3ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY OCT. 1

DOLLAR, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 24

DUSTCATCHER, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 13, DOWN 4

GUINEVER, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 14

JUSDOIT, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 2

KAYLETS, 2ND CHALLENGE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 30, DOWN 2

LEGGS02, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18

PUNKINSEED, FIVE-PNT-FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 9, DOWN 4

RYCHERBABE, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 25, DOWN 3

SARAHBELLA, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 23

UPANDAWAY, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 11

WSW, FIVE DOWN BY SEPT. 18, DOWN 2

Old 09-09-2002, 07:02 PM   #59  
wsw

hi everyone! congrats to all the losers!

unfortunately, i didn't lose anything in the past week---stayed the same. i stayed op though, so at least that went o.k. hopefully, next week the scale will reflect that a little more. hope everyone has a pleasant evening. take care.

wsw
Old 09-09-2002, 07:23 PM   #60  

Smile Monday pm

Thanks for the congrats all--

Punkinseed- 1 lb gone is 1 lb GONE!!

WSW- MAINTAIN is better GAIN!!

Bobsgal!!- What can I say--Amazing- !!

Good luck to any who weigh in tomorrow-

Here's a little question, no right or wrong answer to ponder --

If you were the only match as a kidney donor for someone in your family, but the odds were 50-50 you wouldnt survive the surgery, what would you do?

The first time I saw that question, I thought I knew the answer right away but the odds are frightening arent they? But then, maybe only scary as a hypothetical question--

Closed Thread