Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #1  
So tired

S/C/G: 309/294/less

Height: 5'2"

Default Tales from the Dumb Zone...

I saw a thread around here with a similar topic but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I had a really funny and kind of sad experience with a person a few days ago regarding weight.

We were talking about Australia's recent internet censorship issue after class, just bouncing back some ideas between a few of us computer science students. All four of them were "thin" or "regular" weights except me. No big deal, we normally get along fine and nothing has ever been an issue, except for today.

Regarding the censorship issue, one student wondered out loud why a country would take such drastic measures. Then one of the students who was Australian said that... (get ready for it)...

He said, "I think you can trace the rise of extremism in Australia with the rise of fat people. Australia is now the fattest country in the world. The more fat people you have, the more extremist they are, and the more likely they are to support idiotic laws."

At first I was insulted, but then... Wow, I have literally never personally witnessed someone utter something so stupid. It doesn't even make sense; there's no logic to connect any of that whatsoever.

So yeah, I laughed at him, and said "Dude, I'm right here." The other students were really confused by what he said. I then excused myself by saying, "Well, time for my next class, gotta run. Extremism 101 is so hard to find a seat in, I mean, what with my big butt and all."

So that really diffused the awkward moment for the other students, but yeah.

Dumb people... what can you do? Got any other tales from the dumb zone?
30and300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #2  
westernsoutherngirl

S/C/G: 170/164/145

Height: 5'6'

Wow! That one is going to be hard to top!
westernsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

He's a dumb A$$. They're everywhere. Whether the issue is black or white, thin or fat or conservative or liberal...there is always a dumb A$$ in the mix. BUt to give him a little credit, I do know a lot of overweight extremist...but it has more to do with junk food than it does computer censorship. Good grief...doesn't he know that??
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #4  
Darcy

S/C/G: 170.6/156.6/150

Height: 5' 7"

Such an idiotic statement for him to make, but what an awesome comeback! LOL I love your quick thinking and your wit -- kudos to you! :-)
Mom2TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #5  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

Doesn't sound like a very bright cookie to me. Correlation is not causation, rule number one in science
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

LOL Wow. That's so bad it's funny. What a moron. Sadly, they come in all types.

And from one CS major to another - hello! Well, I graduated in 2003 but whatever. heh What languages are you studying?
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I also admire your quick on the spot thinking! I usually have come backs about five hours after the fact! What he said was not only stupid, but extremely rude, crude and offensive! I think with that kind of a mindset, he won't make it all that far anyway.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote