Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #16  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Congrats on the weight loss UrthWurm! That is such an amazing feeling when something smaller fits. I have a pair of "skinny jeans" that I have had in the close for 8 years. I tried them on the other day and they fit, it was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Nurse View Post

I really don't want to spend $$ on 24s that will only fit a few months, though. I guess it is a good problem to have, but it is still annoying!
I am with you there Nurse. I hate the idea of buying new jeans only to wear them for a month or two. I am finding my 16 petite stretch are big but I am waiting to get into a 13- 14 before I buy any new ones. I am wearing the old jeans with a belt but the legs look baggy. I may try to find a couple pairs of used jeans to fill in the size gap. I wonder how other people deal with changing clothes sizes. It seems wasteful to have to buy new clothes all the time.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 164/128.5/125

Height: 5'3'

UrthWurm, I am about your height and having similar problems as I lose weight. I don't have the best figure for pants anyway, (I have nice legs, but carry my weight in my abdomen), so it's extra frustrating. I finally decided that pants are something that my body is only meant to wear when I'm back to my normal healthy weight. I will wear jeans, only because I can't wear skirts or dresses all the time, but I have a hard time finding those, too.
littlemissbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #18  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbliss View Post
UrthWurm, I am about your height and having similar problems as I lose weight. I don't have the best figure for pants anyway, (I have nice legs, but carry my weight in my abdomen), so it's extra frustrating.
I feel your pain littlemissbliss. I don't have the greatest figure for jeans either. Most of my weight can be found hiding in my butt and thighs. It's difficult to find pants that are comfortable around my hips, and aren't too loose on my legs. Often I have to go a bit smaller for the fit I want. I've all but given up with being happy in jeans until I get to goal. Hopefully I'll have my bum problem under control by then!
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #19  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

If I were you, and I'm your age, I'd just stay in the bigger pants until you can fit an 8 comfortably. Cos seriously, nothing feels as good as trying on a pair of pants that WERE painted on, and to have them fit nicely.

And call yourself a size 10 :P
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote