Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #1  
agility-nut

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Default Dont let the scale fool you

I had decided not to weigh myself for a couple of weeks, but feeling like I had lost a ton of weight, I jumped on it this morning and, no loss! So I decided to go try on some clothes that I just couldnt quite fit into a couple weeks ago, and voila! they fit!! I have been working out pretty good with the cardio and weights. So either I gained 10 lbs of muscle or the scale is broken. The scale really means nothing to me any more.
Janis427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Congratulations!! It must feel amazing to fit into those clothes now
I went through something really similar a few years ago, my scales wouldn't budge for a month even though I was training alot and curbing my calories... tried on clothes and they all fit! The scales can mess up your head so I think it's equally important to check your clothes regularly.
Well done again, keep up the good work!
xx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #3  

That's exactly why I have never weighed myself on a regular basis before. A couple of years ago my DH and I changed our lifestyle. He weighed himself at least once a day, and the scales went down, down, down for him. I was working way harder than him but, for me, the scales would not budge--sometimes it would even show that I gained a half-pound! But, my clothes were getting so loose on me. That's when I said, "Enough! No more weighing!" I'd weigh maybe every month or so, but definitely not any more often than that. I KNEW it was working becuase I was dropping pant sizes and fitting into clothes that I hadn't been able to wear for years. Now that I have a Wii fit, though, I started to weigh myself on a weekly basis--with the SAME RESULTS!!! Pants getting looser; scale not budging. It is too depressing to see those type of results, so I just won't do the body test very often on it, either. Scales definitely lie--my clothes never do!
Wiiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #4  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

YAY! Great job, I'm glad they fit!!!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 269/264/165

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

This is exactly what I needed to hear today. I know better than to judge my weight loss journey than the scale, but it's so easy to get sucked in to. I stepped on this morning to see a 1 lb weight gain. It's probably just water. My pants are much looser and well I feel better too. Darn scale. Let's toss em! lol
motormama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

It's good to hear you say this! This is my first week getting back OP 100% and I haven't lost but 1 lb... I just keep fluctuating between 197-199. blaahh. But it's nice to know that you're noticing differences even when the scale isnt... gives me hope!!

congratulations on shrinking! keep it up girl!!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #7  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis427 View Post
I had decided not to weigh myself for a couple of weeks, but feeling like I had lost a ton of weight, I jumped on it this morning and, no loss! So I decided to go try on some clothes that I just couldnt quite fit into a couple weeks ago, and voila! they fit!! I have been working out pretty good with the cardio and weights. So either I gained 10 lbs of muscle or the scale is broken. The scale really means nothing to me any more.
this is exactly why I decided to go scale free again as of today. My pants are baggy baggy and the scale is totally not reflecting it. The scale makes me sad so it is out the door!
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow, that is great. I have read about this happening to people all the time, but gosh darn, it has NEVER happened to me. The only time my pants get baggy and the scale doesn't move is when I wear those gross stretch jeans a couple times without washing them...LOL Sometimes they'll fall down an hour after putting them on even when I'm up a pound or two. I hate that I can't find normal jeans anymore.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote