Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

It always got "up my nose" to hear thin people (e.g. those who are thinner than myself) rant about how fat (and other really negative and downputting words) they are.

I think it`s rude to do that in front of people who are larger than oneself, even if the *feeling* is genuine.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #47  
New Beacher!

S/C/G: 174/154/125

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayla View Post
When I used to complain about being fat when i was extremely overweight, my best friend would never try to sugar coat things, she would always acknowledge that I was bigger and mention tactfully that I could change it. I think If you do it right, honesty is good in these situations.
My partner once asked her brother if "these jeans make me look fat". His answer was, "no, your fat makes you look fat".

ouch.
KicknKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KicknKnit View Post
My partner once asked her brother if "these jeans make me look fat". His answer was, "no, your fat makes you look fat".

ouch.
I bet the same person doesn't ask him questions like that more than once!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

The ladies in my office do this. One is late 40s, one in her 50s. One is overweight, one isn't (and has "real" boobs that are perkier than a 20 year olds - just ADMIT they aren't real and stop lying!). They CONSTANTLY complain about how fat they are. Especially the one who is overweight. She complained the other day about how her husband's new, healthy diet is "making" her gain weight.

I just wanted to scream, "No, it's not his 'healthy' diet 'making' you gain - it's the fact that the two of you go out to lunch and eat fried food and cheese enchiladas every SINGLE day and that you have literally 5 pounds of chocolate in the fridge! It's that you go through TWO 12 packs of Coke a week ALL BY YOURSELF!!!"

And the other one...she's always "going to" do things. She's "going to start" working out...but there's X reason why she can't. She's "going to start" eating better, but so-and-so needs to go to lunch or so-and-so messed her up.

With both of them it's always someone else's fault. Just KILLS me!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote