Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 269.9/174.8/150

Height: 5'4"

This is my downfall as well.

The best thing for me is to just not have something I like that much in the house or I will prob eat too much. I do save calories for an evening snack of some sort. I started getting the 100 cal micro popcorn bags so I can munch without guilt. I use butter or cheese powder to flavor it with little cals.

My current kryptonite are these stupid veggie straws! My in-laws found them at Sam's (huge bags) and they are crunchy stick like things that are supposedly made from vegs (but are mostly potatoes). One serving isn't bad but I can't stop munching them. I want to tell them to quit bringing them to me. I was doing okay until then!
thePetNanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 243/237/170

Height: 5'2

Tea works for me.
rice cake with laughing cow cheese. YUM!
Amy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

I have the same problem! Here's what I do:
-chew gum
-brush my teeth
-drink tea
-go to bed and read
-take a shower
-hop on 3fc and look at success stories and remind myself...it IS possible.

Best of luck!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #19  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I am in the Support forum and reading this right now because I am struggling to not eat anything!! DH is having toast with pb and j and normally I would just give in and have that too..but that is why I can't get to a smaller size. So I will listen to the suggestions and especially listen to the one 'who am I cheating?' and 'won't it feel good to go to bed and not have cheated!'
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 PM   #20  
No more +sizes

I always have extra calories so I can munch on something. I usually have a mini bag of 100 calorie popcorn. Some nights I don't want anything. If I feel the munch monster I go to bed. Or I tell my husband and he said no you have had your last snack and we go to bed.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 231/217/170

Height: 5'11

Hi Angie!!I have the same problem! My solution: I brush and floss my teeth!
The tooth paste makes everything taste gross, and I just dont want to brush again! But this is coming from me the Dental assistant!
Donna28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 144/130/115

Just adding to the chorus... I have exactly the same problem! I particularly crave chocolate after dinner. Sometimes I'll indulge it with a very small piece of dark chocolate, but often that's not enough. Sometimes taking a long hot bath helps the "indulgence" craving, but I'm definitely going to try some of the above suggestions (especially tea and brushing teeth). Thanks!!!
JenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #23  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

My evening cravings and munching is due to boredom and loneliness. I live alone in a very tiny space, tv bores me to no end, computer loses its interest, can't concentrate to read, kitty likes to help me knit.
So i end up eating all night, healthy stuff, but nevertheless way to much healthy stuff. 3/4 of my being over weight comes from eating after 8.00 at night.
I get mad at myself, then eat more. its a never ending battle.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna28 View Post
Hi Angie!!I have the same problem! My solution: I brush and floss my teeth!
The tooth paste makes everything taste gross, and I just dont want to brush again! But this is coming from me the Dental assistant!
I take this even a step further and use teeth bleaching strips. Those REALLY ruin the taste of any food, so I'm pretty much shut down for the night after that.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #25  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutsMom704 View Post
I take this even a step further and use teeth bleaching strips. Those REALLY ruin the taste of any food, so I'm pretty much shut down for the night after that.
ooooh that's a great idea! I've been thinking of doing the strips, but I haven't gotten around to it. Night time after my last scheduled snack sounds great!
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I always go for tea. With chips and nuts, if you are going to have them in the house, weigh out and portion them out in baggies ahead of time. This way even if you do eat them, you can control the damage. Popcorn is good to have around, you can eat alot of it without doing too much damage.

brushing my teeth only holds me off an hour or so though. the whitening strips help, basically because you can't eat when they are on your teeth!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #27  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

wow i have the same problem! all i want to do is EAT EAT EAT and whats worst is when you watch a tv show and they are eating something that you then want! like pizza or cheese burgers or chocolate! ahhh

what i do is if i've already eaten all my calories for the day, and if i feel im gonna get hungry. than i have a fibre drink (2 teaspoon of psyllium husks in half litre of water, with orange squash, kinda tastes like orange juice "with bits") and i drink it through a straw, which helps to make me feel "full" so im less tempted to snack.

i like the apple and caramel idea. and the orange idea. now im craving an orange ! lol dont have any int he house and its not the season for it, so they arent so sweet. i cant wait for spring to arrive.

i also chew sugar free gum. all that product placements from biggest loser haha.

and sometimes, i just remind myself if i eat now, its going to affect my weigh in- in the morning (i weigh myself in the morning everyday, helps me to stay on track and not get too crazy because i know i will be stepping on that scale each morning!

but i have only "one" official weigh in that i count which is on sunday morning).
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #28  

Height: 5'2

I wrote a list of reasons why I want to lose the weight. After adding to it for about a week I came up with 55 reasons. I keep a copy on the fridge, on in my purse, and one in my desk. Anytime I get the munchies, I tell myself I have to read each reason ALOUD before I can have the snack. Usually before I'm done reading I find the willpower to say no. For me, reading it aloud makes it more real than reading it in my head.

If that doesn't work, I drink a 16 oz bottle of water and wait 10 minutes before I make myself a snack.

Sometimes all it takes is coming to 3FC and getting distracted by reading.

I've only been REALLY doing well for a couple of weeks now, but this helps me a lot.

Good luck to you!
ThisYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #29  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I am a night time muncher too and it has always been a huge problem for me. This is how I managed to pack on the pounds. Back in the day I used to raid the fridge for leftovers and basically eat an entire meal after 9pm. I have managed to reduce my snacking to foods within my calorie range but I still end eating more than I need and eating too much sodium. I am not usually hungry, its just a feeling that I need to be eating something while winding down for bed because it's been part of my routine for so long. I have been eating smart pop popcorn or frozen raspberries mixed with fat free yogurt lately. You are definitely not alone
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 237/224/187

Height: 5'7

If it is late the solution is just go to bed! On the other hand if the evenings are the only time you get to spend with eachother find some good munchies. My favorite are the sugar free jello putting (60cal), orville redenbacher's smart pop (15 cals for 1 cup) or pickle spears (5 cal a spear).

This is what I do when I get the munchies. How long have you been on this journey? I craved munchies a lot during the first month. Now as I begin the second I crave them a little or when bored, so I go and find stuff to do or eat one of my smart munchies as mentioned above.
brideinabikini is offline   Reply With Quote