Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default I'm so proud of everyone here :)

Alright, this is a corny post, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyways.

Weight loss is tough. We all know that. It involves completely changing your lifestyle and mentality, overcoming emotional baggage, getting over disorders and addictions for some, and even learning how to love and respect ourselves. True fact, I honestly thought it was nearly impossible to lose 20lbs a few months ago. I thought it was something infomercials promised and only superhumans accomplished. I'm now 17lbs down and improving everyday. Not just lower numbers on the scale, but I'm stronger and happier and more confident and healthier. I'm proud of myself and I'm so proud of everyone here. If you've lost 100lbs, lost 10lbs and gained 20 and got back on the wagon, if you'r'e maintaining, if you just have 15lbs to lose...whatever. Point is, we're all here. We've accepted that our bodies are dynamic systems that can be changed by the choices that we make. And we're all here to make the right decisions....that in itself is a huge victory.

I just wanted to say that I'm amazed, inspired, and blown away by all the people here every single day. This is my first time ever getting serious about weight loss, and I truly don't think I could have gotten myself in gear and changed my lifestyle without this forum. The support, wealth of knowledge, friendly competition, and love is just amazing. Think of all the lives that have been changed by reading the posts here. Maybe they saw some of the incredible before/after photos, maybe they related to somebody's story, or like me, perhaps posting everyday just kept focus and accountability. People seem to think that the internet is this annonymous place that doesn't really affect the real life world. Well my life, and I know many others, have been changed for the better by being part of this community. Major kudos to the admins, moderators, everyone else that helps run this site, and of course every single member. I'm so proud of you and I thank you all so much

/end cheesy-ness
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #2  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

Awww. Nothin's wrong with a little cheese...in moderation, of course.

Just kidding. Great post, mkendrick!
Metal Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

So true, this site is amazing because the people are so inspiring!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #4  
Just for today

S/C/G: 328.8/301.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Cool

I agree! This is the first time I've ever been serious about weight loss. I'm so glad I found this place.
StarryEyes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Great post! Yes, I feel exactly the same way! I really appreciate having this site to turn to anytime I need to and I also love to help others so for me, this is definitely a "win/win."
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote