Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-18-2009, 03:56 AM   #1  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

Default Asymmetrical Fat Storage

I just wanted to see if anyone has/had this problem. Also, did it get better as you lost?

My body does not store fat evenly on my right and left side. I have about the same amount on each side, but it is shaped differently. On my right, my hip is MUCH smaller, but my upper, outer thigh is HUGE! On my left side, my hip has tons of fat on it, but my upper thigh is smaller. One side of my stomach is even bigger than the other. This seems so strange to me and I wondered if anyone else had experienced anything like this.
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:34 AM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

My right thigh sports a saddlebag that's conspicuously absent from my left. I wear skirts a lot of the time so I only really see it if I'm walking around in my undies. It is pretty annoying! On the other hand, I figure it's better that it's only on one side rather than both And each morning I stand in the shower, prod my saddlebag, and say, "You'd better enjoy what time you have left, because your days are numbered. Just sayin'."
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

My right arm has always been slightly bigger than the left (fat) - so buying shirts can be a pain.

But no one has ever noticed but me. I don't sweat it. I have been trying to add muscle to my arms, maybe that will help.
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I just actually noticed this the other day...

One of my butt cheeks is significantly smaller and flater than the other! I used to kind of like my butt, but now, one cheek is round and obviously kind of fat, and the other is all...deflated

I guess the only thing I could hope for in my situation is that the one that I like now will shrink a little to at least match the other...although I'd really prefer if they were both perky.

Lol, longest post ever about cheeks. Go me.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I think that I was totally symmetrical starting out but it might just be that I didn't spend nearly so much time staring obsessively in the mirror when I was bigger but now one of my hips is defiantly bigger than the other; I think that it's fascinating but my partner showed no interest whatsoever when I pointed it out the other night.
Trudiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

The left side of my belly was larger and hung rediculously lower than the right. It drove me insaaaaane! It's gotten a fair bit better. It's still not even, and that still bothers me. But both sides are smaller, and it's less uneven.

Thicknpretty- I have the same butt issue
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxx View Post
One side of my stomach is even bigger than the other. This seems so strange to me and I wondered if anyone else had experienced anything like this.
OH ME!! I was just looking at that yesterday... its very frustrating. The left side of my stomach is so much fatter than the right, I am worried that even if I get down to my goal it will still bother me. I dont know if there is anything that we can do about it but I just wanted to say I am in the same boat!
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #8  
Chaos in Action

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully, we will all become more even as we lose! I admit that I am relieved that I am not the only one.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:05 PM   #9  

Everyone is shaped so that one size is bigger than the others. Take a picture of yourself, print it out and then print it again in the mirror setting. Cut then in half and paste them together. It's amazing what you see.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #10  

Well, no one has a perfectly symmetrical body, or face. My right upper arm is bigger than my left. I hate it. Haha. People can't tell, but when I point it out they notice it.
arumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Even at goal weight, my left outer thigh is much bigger than my right outer thigh. Hate it, but gotta live with it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #12  
Looking for Zen

S/C/G: 315/267/180

Height: 5' 10"

My left boob is bigger.

Sort of.

Really my right boob is smaller because it's as if part of what should be boob is more of almost an armpit pudge.

So it's like I have a fat roll on the right side that's more boob on the left side.

I know, it's sounds completely weird, but everyone I've mentioned it to says I'm a crazy person and they don't know what I'm talking about. It's not noticeable unless I'm above 250 lbs.
Jilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:18 AM   #13  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Parts of me are a little bit uneven too. I was thinking about it, though, and don'tcha think it's amazing that we're even as symmetrical as we are? Imagine the horrible possibilities if our bodies didn't do a reasonably good job at keeping us fairly even! We could have one enormous thigh and one skinny-mini one or one big arm and one small one...

Last edited by CLCSC145; 12-19-2009 at 01:18 AM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #14  
Chaos in Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
We could have one enormous thigh and one skinny-mini one or one big arm and one small one...
Sadly, that is basically my problem. Several people have commented that everyone is slightly uneven, but that is not what I was talking about. For example, my left calf has always been slightly smaller than my right (about half an inch), no matter what I weigh. That is normal and not a concern. The unevenness that gets to me is more like a difference of about eight inches.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #15  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Have you ever talked to your doctor about it? It could be totally normal or it could be something like a lymph drainage thing they might be able to help. Has the difference changed between the two at all with the weight you've lost so far?
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote