Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #1  

Default Early success

I have never dieted or really tried to lose weight before. I always accepted my weight fluctuations as a by-product of early menopause and bad family genes.

I can't use that as an excuse for a steady increase in clothing sizes from a 10 to a 16 (and tight at that) over a two year period. It's up up and away if I just keep turning a blind eye to it.

I joined a "Choose to Lose" challenge at work on Nov. 14th and we are supposed to weigh in weekly on a scale of our choice, just so it's always done the same. For what it's worth, I don't agree with the way they are running the challenge at work, as the winner will be the person/people who lost the "most" weight between Nov. and Feb. and I don't think it should be the "most" weight. It should be the healthiest weight loss. Anyway...

I was 175.5 the first week at the start. Then at the end of that week, I had gone to 173. Last week (Thanksgiving), I neither gained nor lost. Now I am 171.5 lb.

The only things I am doing differently is that I cut my portions in half (because honestly, I ate WAY too much before) and I don't do seconds. I also started some light toning and take 5HTP.

Imagine what I'd do if I actually exercised!

I want to lose 1-2 pounds per week, nice , slow, and steady. Hope to reach my goal of 40 pounds by around April or May.

Last edited by Piscean; 12-06-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: forgot something
Piscean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You can do it, Piscean! Good progress so far! Congratulations!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #3  

Slow but steady wins the race, and this is certainly the case when it comes to weight loss.

Congratulations on your progress, Piscean, and keep up the good work!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #4  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

You're doing a great job!! That's actually how I got started (minus the at work challenge since I'm not working at the moment, haha). I cut my portions and played tennis 3-4X a week. Now I walk or use the mini gym in my building 5 days a week.

You can do it!! You're off to a great start!!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm not entirely in favour of these fastest competitions either but ... ya know what? Sometimes we need something like that to get started.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote