Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Default Omg Girls :(:(:( Please Help....

So I've blogged ever since I started losing weight, and I've really liked it and think it helps me. Recently I was watching video blogs on youtube of people who were blogging about their weight loss journeys... so I guess I just thought it was a cool idea and thought I'd start one too.

So, I did. This was on Sunday. I uploaded one video then and another today. I was excited and have been checking for comments or messages or anything, and just now there was! It was a comment, and it said something I never, ever expected it to:

"lose some weight then *****. i can see you are very overweight"

I don't get it :[. How is it that my very first comment was something so rude and hurtful?? I had a few tears well up but I didn't let myself cry. I know I'm doing what I need to be doing. And I know I took that chance when I decided to put my videos on the internet. It just sucks :/

I don't know what to do. Do stop putting up the videos? Should I not let someone like that affect what I do? How do I deal with my bruised heart??? I just need your love chickies!

kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

People are always going to judge. The internet is particuarly bad for this because people hide behind a screen name.
That being said, why are you letting it hurt you? They obviously don't care about you and their opinion means nothing. You're well-aware of your weight-loss journey and you can't let people's negative, hurtful attitude affect you.

If you feel like not making videos will help avoid a bruised heart, stop. But the majority of people out there are good, supportive, encouraging souls who aren't out for the attack. As for the bruised heart, just let it go. Anyone who could say that to a total stranger clearly has their own insecurities....you don't need to take that on. You're taking control of you're life, you're making this journey.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 AM   #3  

Oh, that's awful! I'm sorry that happened. I agree with ducky, people on the internet have no accountability for their words/actions.

Is there a way to restrict comments so that only "friends" can add them? I might seek out a blogging/vlogging community where you can post but restrict who sees it or who comments.

That's just crappy. It takes so much to put your vulnerability out there, and then to get discouraged to do so.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

If you like posting video blogs you should continue to do it. Don't let some rude comment stop you. For we/you know that person could be overweight too lol, and maybe they are just jealous. That's what sucks about the internet, you can be anyone you want to be to make yourself feel better, ya know.

People like that are just ignorant anyways. One day they might be in our shoes and be overweight and not know how they got here, and they might have to make the choice of a different lifestyle. Some people are just naturally thin but eventually if not almost always it catches up with them.

Be proud of yourself girl, at least you have the motivation to lose weight, and you never know maybe you inspired someone else.

Last edited by Kayhm0711; 11-19-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

There are some mean, nasty people out there in the world and they all seem to have internet access. Except for a few pockets of nice people like at 3FC, I've decided not to put myself out there to be attacked, especially about things that hit close to my heart like my weight. Those kinds of people who can cut a stranger at the knees like that are cruel and clearly have issues if they can't either be supportive or keep their traps shut. They are picking on you to make themselves feel good. If they belittle you, they feel bigger. And people like that don't deserve your attention.

Is there a way you can have your video blogs be private just for you or a few friends you decide you want to share them with? Or if there is a reason you want everyone to be able to see them, can you make them uncommentable? (not a word, I know!) I think if you want them to be accessible to the world and open to comments, you'll have to find a way to be okay with the nasty people who just want to make you feel bad.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #6  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

I wouldn't let it bother you. Really, do we know what this other person looks like?? Nope...And exactly, theyre hiding behind a screen name. Who knows maybe it's someone bigger than you and theyre just jealous Pople are just rude and don't like to see people succeed if they're not happy...just keep doin ur thing!!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

That is so awful. I am so sorry you had to have such a comment. Unfortunately in this world some people feel as if they have to tear other people down to bring themselves up. It seems that this jerk is one of those people. I have gotten to the point were I cannot read comments to news stories online because someone (no matter the subject of the story) always makes rude and uncalled for comments about someone in the story. I'm faint of heart, and I cannot imagine saying mean and nasty things about anyone, I mean I can't even read them about others.

That is one thing about the internet. People feel as if they can say anything because they are not thinking they are saying it about a real person. They are. That person will always be a jerk.Don't let those nasty people affect you. Maybe you can turn the comments off on your videos so people like that can't comment.

Best of luck to you girl. You have done an awesome job so far, and I know you have been an inspiration to me. Just know you are the better person and keep moving forward!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:48 AM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

There are some people out there who say horrible things about sick children. Yes, it's sad, appalling, but true. It's possible that this person is evil or maybe they have some sort of a disorder. I don't know. I just know that they are not worth a single drop of your tears. Not a one. You are clearly a gorgeous, kind and supportive woman, so you probably expect similar from others, but there are some hateful people who are so miserable in their lives, that they take pleasure in hurting others. Eventually, they'll get their share (if they haven't already), so just be proud of your accomplishments and character.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #9  

Location: Orignally from Central Ohio area now going to school in Utah

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

I'm soooo sorry you got a rude comment! But think of it this way... if they took the time to watch their video and then left a rude comment think of how sorry their life is! hahaha Most of the time when people say hurtful things about others they are trying to make themselves feel better... Chances are it was a 15 year old boy at home because no girl will date him... Dry up those tears and keep blogging!!
BrittniMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #10  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Im so sorry! Im sure it had to be an immature young kid playing on youtube. You ARE beautiful! Absolutely DONT let this stop you. Who knows, one day when youre 150 pounds or even lower, that person might come across your videos again and get a reality check!

You're doing an amazing job and you look amazing! Stay Strong girly! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Man, that sucks. There are trolls on every site. With that being said, I definitely could not handle it myself. My feelings would be hurt, even knowing this person is probably writing these things and getting their rocks off. Just know you are beautiful and that if they weren't saying it about you, it would be the next girl down the line. If you were to continue it, I think it very brave and could really be inspiring for others. Good luck!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:25 AM   #12  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Girl, you totally rock! You are doing so well and are changing your life for the better and nobody can take that away from you! Someone who goes around on youtube looking at people's weight loss blogs and hide behind a screen name only to say rude and hateful things has a sad sad life if that's what they do in their free time. Sorry that was such a long sentence, lol. I saw your videos and you are absolutely beautiful! There is absolutely nothing wrong with bettering yourself and trying to inspire others. NOTHING. Do not let A-holes like that deter you. They are not worth your time or tears.

Can you tell that's a hot button issue with me? omg...I hate people like that.

I work with someone like that, so he can't hide behind a screen name. Me and a co worker were talking about weight loss and how much weight I've lost and he says "omg no one CARES!" And another time when I was talking about how I wanted to join the air force when I reach my goal he had to add in "pssshh yeah THAT will never happen."

Both times I wasn't even talking to him, he made a point to listen in and put his negativity in the convo. I shrugged him off because NO ONE is going to tell me what is and what is not going to happen in my life. One thing I've learned through my journey is that I control what happens and what doesn't happen. Some punk headed little 19 year old with a god complex is not going to dictate how I live my life nor is he going to have an opinion that means a darn to me.

Fat can be lost, we can get slimmer; but an ugly inside can't be changed as easily.

Keep your chin up, girl. You got this!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

They're just an internet troll.

They only want to get a rise out of you. I doubt they even think that, and are only looking for an argument. If you can delete it, I would.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I can always count on you all! Thank you so so much. I read each of your posts twice, haha! After thinking about it and listening to you all I've decided that I'm not going to be upset about it anymore. You are all right - the person that did that isn't worth my time even thinking about, much less feeling sad over. I'm bettering myself and I know I'll get there.

I'm going to keep blogging because I like to, and I've let other people rule what I do/don't do for long enough. Thank you again! love you ALL!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/116/110

Height: 5' 4"

Do not take them seriously. There are some people who just make comments to make people feel bad about themselves. If you ever get a comment like that again just delete it and laugh. Do you ever wonder what they look like? I bet they are 300+ lbs people who doesn't have the motivation that you have and try to make themselves feel better by hurting you.

JUST DON'T TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY.

You're doing something great. You could be a motivation for other people who are trying to lose weight.
dietnlose? is offline   Reply With Quote