Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Need help!

I have completely gone off my diet. Here's why (I'll put it in the nicest terms possible, lol)

For three days I have been...erm...sluggish? I've tried every trick in the book: walking, stretching, tons of water, strong black coffee, prunes/prune juice, fiber, etc...

Nothing is working. These things usually work. My stomach hurts. It's hurt for 2 days. I don't want to take an OTC "reliever", because I'm afraid it will interact with the natural methods I've tried and end...badly...

Halp plz.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Oh goodness, that is not good. I feel for you. First, make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water because all the fiber in the world won't move things along if there isn't water to make it move. You could try Psyllium Husk....put it into a smoothie. Eat raw pears. Avoid rice, bread and meat...try to eat lots of beans and barley. If that doesn't work, you could try an enema...but I don't really know much about that. I hope things get better soon.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I'm about to add some "Amazing Grass" to my diet along with some probiotics. I know my probiotics are supposed to make your digestive system feel a lot better within 2 weeks. Plus LOTS of water is very important to move everything along.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Pharmacists are wonderfully knowledgeable. They'll help you.

You may need something stronger to help this time but then you can watch and do more with the fiber and so on.

And please be aware that discomfort is different from "abdominal pain". If you are not passing gas and have 'pain', you need to see a doctor.
If you are uncomfortable and are passing gas ... you need to ... well, you know
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #5  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

I've had the same issue lately, and I had to resort to miralax. Its just a tasteless powder that you add to anything. Take it once and wait a few hours. You can repeat in abt 8 if nothing happens. It's safe I had to take a whole bottle in an hour for a colonoscopy. And it was not that bad So two doses a few hours apart will be fine. It's worse to stay constipated medically than to take a medicine. You dont want to suffer any effects on your digestive system. Good Luck!
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #6  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
If you are uncomfortable and are passing gas ... you need to ... well, you know
LoL. Herein lies my problem.

I'll try the psyllium husks in an hour or so....my poor stomach...
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #7  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I'm totally feeling you. I was on a pain med recently that had me backed up for days. Fiber One, apples, laxative tea, coffee, tons of water. Nothing worked. Finally I was off the meds and oh boy.

You got tons of great advice. I've used senocot before (just a very mild softener) and that always helps me out within 12-24 hrs. I hope everything *ahem* works its way out.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote