Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #1  

Default Not Seeing Any Change...

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to here - but I love the support and encouragement that everybody gives to each other -- it helps sooo much!

So I started off my diet two weeks ago, and my starting weight was 198. After two weeks of counting calories and walking/jogging 1.5 miles everynight, as well as yoga and pilates... I've only lost 3 pounds. I did give up Cokes and am now drinking 3 liters of water everyday, so I'm just assuming its water weight... but is this normal? I just thought I would've lost more by now, so it's kind of depressing.

Also, since I've started exercising, all of my muscles have been sooo sore. Should I wait until my muscles feel back to normal to start exercising again, or can I keep walking/jogging?

Thanks for reading!
ccook43091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC

I would like to ask how many calories you are eating a day and if you have been diligent about accounting for every bite, lick, taste, drink?

As for exercising, I say keep it up unless you are so sore you can barely walk or something.

These are just my opinions

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Welcome to 3Fc.

How do you feel? If you feel better...... that is what counts. The scale will catch up!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #4  
it's always something

Losing just 1 to 2 pounds per week is recommended most, so it sounds like you are right on track Lots of people lose more during their first week or so, but that's always due to losing excess water. Maybe you don't have any excess water to drop and you are losing just the unwanted fat Also, lots of people will retain water after they start an exercise program if they are not used to exercising, so that could impact the scale but not the actual progress. Keep it going and your overall loss should be steady and well worth the effort

Congrats to a healthy and dedicated start!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Your muscles need time to repair themselves- if I were you, I wouldn't walk/jog every day. You should alternate with some other cross-training or cardio.

Also, remember to have patience you didn't gain the weight overnight so you are not going to lose it overnight either. You will feel less depressed with a more realistic approach don't do anything now that you are not willing to do after you've reached your goal. You want this to be a sustainable change, not a temp one with risk of burnibg out.

Good luck to you!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

You mentioned that your muscles are sore. I've read on this forum before that when your muscles are sore, they are repairing themselves, which somehow causes you to retain water. I am no scientist but I know that everytime I do some kind of new work out that makes me sore, I tend to weigh more until my muscles feel better.
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote