Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #1  

Default Plateau Help!

Hi there! I am 5' 9" and had a starting weight of 175. Over the last month I have managed to go down to 166. It seems whenever I get to this weight I hit a huge block and can't seem to lose anymore. I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and switch between the eliptical and aerobic dance classes. I am on weight watchers and average about 22 points a day. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for busting through this so I can keep loosing! Thanks!!!
crushme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #2  
No description available.

Welcome to the Bermuda Triangle of weight loss. The 160s seem to be a bear for lots of us. It was a barrier for me through 2 previous weight loss efforts. What broke me through it this last time was weightlifting and changing the way I ate. I don't know much about points, so make sure you're eating enough, but I had to go to natural, whole foods, no processed junk, and strength training. Come see us in the weight training subforum! Welcome to 3FC! You might try some HIIT on the elliptical rather than steady state cardio.

Last edited by midwife; 10-30-2009 at 02:48 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

That's funny, it felt like it took forever to get out of the 160's too. Then I stalled at 157 for the longest time before I tweeked my diet and exercise and got things moving again.
I would say, to take a look at the WW plateau busting post. It offers some good advice. You gotta make sure your diet is well balanced. In my case, I was consuming too much bread in a day. When I changed that I started losing weight again.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11

My only advice would be to add in more strength training. I was stuck in a rut for 3 months and then I added in strength training and voila the scale started to move. Good luck you will make it!!!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #5  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I too am stuck. I am almost 5'9", started at 188 in June. I lost in July and August, but since October 1st, I have been stuck at 168-170. No progress at all. I don't have an answer, but I feel your pain. Next month, I am going to try different exercises, because I know I am eating right. Good luck! Ditto on the weight training!

Last edited by Late to the game; 10-30-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote