Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I am also to just planning to not be home on halloween. No candy will enter the house.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6"

I know it's so hard to resist all the candy around this week! Fitness has a good article about this...I thought it was pretty useful. They suggest if you buy candy, get tootsie rolls or 3 musketeers, which have considerably less calories!
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #18  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

duckyyellowfeet,I am proud of you for your resistance! I don't think I could do that! At least one bag would be open...

Last year, Hubby and I had to buy candy twice because we ate the first bag, so this year no candy in the house until Sat! Afternoon, if possible!

I like to put temptation on top of the high shelves in the living room. I can still reach it, sigh, but its not staring me if the face either.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #19  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

That's why I haven't gotten any to give out yet even. I will wait until the last minute if I am going to give some out.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #20  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

take the candy to a friend's house, to your church, lock it in your car, put it in the scary room in your basement, your attic, your shed, whatever. Get it away from the place you are in.

DO NOT EAT THE CANDY. IT WANTS TO KILL YOU. IT IS POISONED WITH SUGAR AND TRANS-FATS! ISN'T THAT SCARY???

weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Last year I bought 3 Musketeer bars, which I hate.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebleswobble View Post

DO NOT EAT THE CANDY. IT WANTS TO KILL YOU. IT IS POISONED WITH SUGAR AND TRANS-FATS! ISN'T THAT SCARY???

OMG!!! Too funny
I almost spit apple all over my keyboard reading this
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

After years of research and study, I have determined that chips, red liquorice, ju-jubes and plain chocolate candy is irresistible. The scientific emperiment was lengthy and was difficult but I persevered.
Now I buy only fritos, chocolate bars with nuts, canned pop and hard candy.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #24  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Ha ha 3 musketeers ARE gross.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #25  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

I went to walmart last night and bought milky ways, twix, baby ruths, kit kats, and starburst. I had two of the milky ways after dinner tonight but I don't plan on touching anything else and I am going to be giving the stuff out by the handfuls if it looks like we will have leftovers.

And I won't eat it now because how embarrassing would it be to tell the kids that I ran out of candy because I cannot control myself?

I actually forgot it was there until I walked past it in my kitchen. So I put back what I was going to eat (ice cream - I do have dessert pretty often) and had the caloric equivalent in 2 milky way minis. I won't buy a whole milky way 'cause it's nearly 300 calories and I won't keep a bag of minis in my house normally though.
nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #26  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I buy miniature Tootsie Roll Pops. They are about 16 calories each. Any leftover go to work, into the community "pool". I figure I can't do too much damage with a snack that takes 10 minutes to eat and has 16 calories
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

OOOH.. I am a chocolate lover, thankfully I love DARK chocolate more than anything--but some milk chocolate's are a temptation to me.

If you want chocolate, instead of candy bar--hot cocoa. I am sipping on some right now. I doctor mine with extra cocoa....to get the full chocolate effect. without sugar cocoa is mostly fat with little calories. Also if you HAVE to have chocolate you can chew. Sorry, I can't give it up. I keep Giardelli Dark chocolate pcs in the freezer. 18 pcs have 80 cs. Perfect substitution. The hot cocoa is VERY FILLING.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #28  
Never Say Never

S/C/G: 233/210/135

Height: 5'2

I have to have to be honest I did have a snack size snickers and a snack size bag of skittles followed by 5 individual candies called tamarind yes I fell guilty but have to say CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done I need a stronger will power I really tried...honestly I feel awful now...especially since I did also say that I was not going to have any coffee and creamers since i found out that each creamer carries 40 calories wow!! but fell of the wagon and had a cup with 3 creamers ugh....candy I love candy...but no no more I will stay away...are CORN NUTS as bad as CANDY itself?
D22Guzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 188/171/135

Height: 5'7

My willpower went on a vacation on halloween.

I asked my father not to buy chips or chocolate bars, especially since we haven't had trick or treaters since we've moved here 6 years ago.

I ate like 6 mini kit kats and 4 mini bags of chips :\

And then when I woke up today, I had 4 mini kit kats and decided to just hide the rest in the freezer.

I can recover from this, but arrrgh I feel crappy about it :P

No snacks today for mee.
petfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Candy wise, I don't have an issue. I really dislike most of the candy out there, too sugary or just ew. I managed to have a few lollipops, you know those small ones, and meh...I'm all sugared out though as I had other treats like mini-cupcakes and I actually had cupcakes as well. The only reason I could eat them was they were not too sweet lol. First time ever it seems...

Luckily I'm in that group of people who love dark chocolate, so all that chocolate crap out there doesn't appeal to me anyhow. I used to love those peanut buttercups, but now I hate them lol. I'm too fussy about candy, even the lollipops weren't that great. Meh.

November is my "boot camp" month, so I can get back into balancing myself. I have a feeling a lot of us will be balancing ourselves this month lol.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote