Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Thanks!!!!!!!!
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

What great stories!!

When I started this journey I was a uber tight size 16--should have been an 18 and the smallest thing I had in my closet pant-wise was a size 12. I had a couple of pairs of size 10 shorts, but those size 12 Levis were all I could think about. They were nearly new and were so small next to my 16's and 18's!

Come July I was able to fit into those bad boys and was thrilled beyond words! I never thought I'd ever wear them again!

Fast forward to September and I'm at Goodwill poking around for some Winter clothes...I grabbed lots of jeans in 8's and one in a size 6. To my surprise, nearly all the 8's were too big and the 6's fit! It was all I could do to not jump up and down screaming for joy in the dressing room! I never, ever thought in a million years I would own and wear a size 6 anything!!

Your Goal Jean Day will come, oh yes, it will! And when I it does, you need to come here to shout it from the rooftops!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #18  
making a new me

S/C/G: fatty/chubby/hottie

Height: 5'6

oh, believe me, i will! you will hear my shouting before you will see my post!

congrats on your new small jeans!
taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

OOOooo! I have that pair of jeans. 250$ True religions that I have worn maybe twice as I got them on my climb up. I am still prob 15lbs away from those but....

I have a bunch of my favorite skinnies from guess that are a little bit forgiving considering their size and mine but I grew right out of them. I can not tell you what it feels like to have those staples back in my wardrobe. I might not be in my super jeans but it feels so good to be back in my older clothes and not in + sizes anymore!!!

Goodluck.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I have these favored size 8 pants that I've had for years. The other day I decided to try them on thinking they'd never fit or wasn't quite ready for.
Well when I was putting them on I thought "Hmm well they won't get past my hips." when they did I thought "Okay, the waist won't come together." When it did I thought "Okay, the zipper will barely zip all the way." well it did!! There's still some muffin on the top, nothing a pound off wouldn't take care of.
I'm shocked I will be able to wear them soon. I still have a size 6 that seems totally unreal that I would ever fit back into again.

Be patient, you'll get there. I know you can.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

my big one was fitting into a linen dress that I bought for my best friend's wedding EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajowens View Post
OOOooo! I have that pair of jeans. 250$ True religions that I have worn maybe twice as I got them on my climb up. I am still prob 15lbs away from those but....
I have decided that designer jeans are going to be my reward for hitting goal, I'll probably go for lucky brand because I like the way they look and they are less than true religion. I know some people think designer jeans are silly but I feel like I deserve them

So I'm not at goal yet but just today I decided to try on Gap jeans today and they fit! I was near tears in the dressing room, being able to shop in "regular" store is amazingly awesome!
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #23  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I recently started working for Target, and I didn't own a single pair of khaki pants, so obviously I had to buy them. I went to walmart and grabbed a $10 pair of size 18s...didn't even try them on (because I only recently went from my 20 jeans to my 18 jeans so I figured they'd fit okay) and got them....

Well, as of yesterday I had to go back to walmart and look for more, because obviously 1 pair of khakis is not enough when you're working 5 days a week, and the ones I had gotten were falling down past my butt any time I bent over. I figured I'd just get a belt and a couple more pairs of the 18s, cause there was no way I'd fit into anything smaller yet and be able to wear it in public...

For kicks, I tried on a couple pairs of 16s, and THEY FIT!!! I was so excited, I think I did cry a little bit in the dressing room, and I definitely stood there and called my boyfriend and told him I was wearing a pair of 16s...haha. It was one of the greatest feelings, especially because my weightloss has been slowing down A LOT recently.

I did end up buying a belt, so that I could wear it with the one pair of 18s I bought last week...because I'd already shrunk too much to wear any of my old belts anymore...and the 16's are a little tight...but I'm not muffin topping and they're not so tight that they're uncomfortable...so I don't feel bad wearing them in public.

I'm STILL so excited! I just can't get over it =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I had some black capri pants from NY&Co that I used to love so much! I really never thought I'd fit in them again (a small fitting size 10), but I saved them in my closet for some reason. The joy is that by the time I remembered them, they were actually too big! Love that!

Now my real goal is fitting into my wedding dress. I'm getting pretty close actually. About 5 more pounds and I'm gonna try it! That will truly be a miracle!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #25  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

I just wanted everyone to know, this post inspired me to go through all my boxes of old clothes...i've got pants ranging from 13s to 16s and a lot of XL shirts and some of my favorite old hoodies that I haven't been able to fit into for a long time...

I found two pairs of jeans, a pair of capris, and a pair of bermudas that fit very well....another pair of black pants, a pair of bermudas, and a pair of really dark and slimming jeans that I got on and zipped, but muffin topped a little and would be comfortable wearing 5 or 10 lbs from now....I didn't try on anything smaller then a 16, because most of my 17s were tight...but I figure its because I used to wear them so much that they have shrunk...

and I found like 6 hoodies, several undershirts, and TONS of shirts...and even a few long sleeved shirts which will be nice cause it's starting to get cold.

I'm so excited!

Oh, and one of the shirts that fit, I used to wear in 8th grade! That was 5 and a half years ago!!!

I can't stop smiling.

Thank you so much for this thread! I don't think I would have gone through those boxes if this thread didn't exist...and now I get to wear some of my favorite clothes again (before they get too big that is...lol).

=D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #26  

Height: 5'11"

Oh, pants stories....yay! I have a couple.

This one is from a few years ago. I had saved a pair of jeans from when I was thinner. I was losing weight so I kept trying on those jeans, hoping, hoping. Finally one day they slipped on and zipped right up. But they were hopelessly out of style! They went way up past my belly button and were tightly tapered at the ankle (like Tomato's carrot pants). They looked so funny that I brought them to work and tried them on for a friend in the ladies' room; we laughed until we were weak in the knees. So I tossed those old jeans and bought pair of Levi's that made me feel so cute.

Then I gained a ton of weight. So the Levi's became my goal jeans. And so I started trying them on when I changed my way of life this year and these are the jeans that I call my "midway goal jeans". You can see pics here--at the beginning, they fit just as you describe with the big ol' gap at the waist:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...like-pics.html

And my final pants story: This past weekend, I tried on a pair of size 12 jeans. They looked awesome but were expensive. I bought 'em anyway and I cannot wait to wear them on Friday. Me. In size 12 jeans. I cannot believe it. Oh, and here is the best part: I was able to get the same jeans on and zipped in a 10. They were skin tight, but they were ON and ZIPPED.

Last edited by Windchime; 10-28-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #27  
making a new me

S/C/G: fatty/chubby/hottie

Height: 5'6

Windchime, THANK YOU for those pics!! that really helps me visualize the same thing happening for me. that is just so amazing, those jeans that you couldn't even button eventually became too big! you look great!!!!!

this thread helped me a lot. thanks for all your jeans stories. and DivineFidelity, i'm glad you went through your boxes and slipped back into some old clothes! saves $$ and boosts the motivation all at the same time.

here's to smaller pants!
taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

I don't really have a "jeans" story yet...but I have a dress story.

I own a beautiful, floaty, white dress that I utterly love; I pull it out of the closet to just look at sometimes. I bought it two years ago and only wear it once a year...and this summer, it didn't fit. At all. Its a 16W, the bust was so tight and I had horrible bumps and lumps in it. So I had resigned myself to just buying a new white dress for my event in November.

I tried it on a couple days ago and it fit. I could zip it myself, the bust fits, the lumps I was so worried about are just gone. And, I still need Spax (its sheer)...so I'm going to look amazingly hot. I'm so excited
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #29  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I love these stories.

I am not a cloths horder, i don't tend to save stuff but I do save the good dress cloths, I am in my 40's so we aquire "good" stuff over the years. some of my good stuff is too big (yeah) and I have to find a dress form my son's bar mitzvah in the spring, the dress i wore for my older son is too big too

I have recently been downsiziing in jeans and have always been a 12-14. I am thinking that there is some serious resizing going on, don't want to bust any bubbles really, but I bought a 29 at lucky (I got into a 28 but it was not pretty ) (going back because of the price, and I am not sure where I am going to end up) and 8 at the gap and old navy. I have never been an 8!

As I said above I need to find a suit and a dress for my son's bar mitzvah and I have been trying on 10's and 12's....I will have to committ to something in the next 2 months....I am excited to look nice at his event and in the hundreds of pictures that come with that
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
I just wanted everyone to know, this post inspired me to go through all my boxes of old clothes...i've got pants ranging from 13s to 16s and a lot of XL shirts and some of my favorite old hoodies that I haven't been able to fit into for a long time...

I found two pairs of jeans, a pair of capris, and a pair of bermudas that fit very well....another pair of black pants, a pair of bermudas, and a pair of really dark and slimming jeans that I got on and zipped, but muffin topped a little and would be comfortable wearing 5 or 10 lbs from now....I didn't try on anything smaller then a 16, because most of my 17s were tight...but I figure its because I used to wear them so much that they have shrunk...

and I found like 6 hoodies, several undershirts, and TONS of shirts...and even a few long sleeved shirts which will be nice cause it's starting to get cold.

I'm so excited!

Oh, and one of the shirts that fit, I used to wear in 8th grade! That was 5 and a half years ago!!!

I can't stop smiling.

Thank you so much for this thread! I don't think I would have gone through those boxes if this thread didn't exist...and now I get to wear some of my favorite clothes again (before they get too big that is...lol).

=D
see, who needs to spend money when you have hidden treasures in your home. Some may be a little out dated but hey they fit, right? LOL
I love my jeans, even though they're 8+ yrs old.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote