Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2009, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Back on the wagon

Hello,
Just wanted to reintroduce myself- been gone for several months and predictably haven't lost any weight. This is me trying again!
Sailorlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well welcome back. Welcome back. Please stick around. This place is unbeatable for accountability, support, advice, encouragement and info.

So, what's your plan????
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/230/150

Height: 5'2"

hello, welcome back!

Today is my first day back after a month or two. too. I fell off the wagon and decided today that I am getting back on. So imagine my shock when I weighed in this morning and have lost 6 lbs since I fell off the wagon. Thats a great start for me, maybe its just luck but to me its a good sign that its time for me to do this.
Razorcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Well welcome back. Welcome back. Please stick around. This place is unbeatable for accountability, support, advice, encouragement and info.

So, what's your plan????
Well,I was foolin around on here last night and saw that someone mentioned sparkpeople. I had never heard of it, so I went to the site, I thought it was awesome! So I signed up there. Basically, I'm calorie counting (between 1300 and 1700, aprox) and doing the fitness program they recommend, which is three days a week of cardio and weight training. I did my strength training this morning, and will do the cardio in a bit (unemployment is rather helpful for weight loss, in some ways). I feel very motivated today
Thanks for the welcome back, you kind of feel like the prodigal son when you've been gone for awhile
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorcandy View Post
hello, welcome back!

Today is my first day back after a month or two. too. I fell off the wagon and decided today that I am getting back on. So imagine my shock when I weighed in this morning and have lost 6 lbs since I fell off the wagon. Thats a great start for me, maybe its just luck but to me its a good sign that its time for me to do this.
I was glad I didn't gain any weight during my "sabbatical". Welcome back to you too, if we make a habit of coming to the site everyday, it will help keep us motivated. What plan are you following?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorlal View Post
Well,I was foolin around on here last night and saw that someone mentioned sparkpeople. I had never heard of it, so I went to the site, I thought it was awesome! So I signed up there. Basically, I'm calorie counting (between 1300 and 1700, aprox) and doing the fitness program they recommend, which is three days a week of cardio and weight training. I did my strength training this morning, and will do the cardio in a bit (unemployment is rather helpful for weight loss, in some ways). I feel very motivated today
Thanks for the welcome back, you kind of feel like the prodigal son when you've been gone for awhile
A couple of things.

That motivation, I'm glad you've got it today, but you can't always count on it being there. So I urge you to make a COMMITMENT - to do this - no matter what. Whether you feel like it or not. Whether you're motivated or no. Make that commitment and then there's no way that this can't happen!

As for your calories, you may want to aim for the higher amount. You *shouldn't* have a problem losing nicely and steadily at that higher range. Of course, we're all different.

You CAN do this. You can so, so, SO do this. I look forward to hearing of your success!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/230/150

Height: 5'2"

sailorlal,
I am going back to calorie counting and using livestrong/thedailyplate. Those have worked for me in the past. I even think they taught me habits which I was still using when I was off the wagon.

You are right, we need to visit regularly! Thanks and best wishes on your journey.
Razorcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
A couple of things.

That motivation, I'm glad you've got it today, but you can't always count on it being there. So I urge you to make a COMMITMENT - to do this - no matter what. Whether you feel like it or not. Whether you're motivated or no. Make that commitment and then there's no way that this can't happen!

As for your calories, you may want to aim for the higher amount. You *shouldn't* have a problem losing nicely and steadily at that higher range. Of course, we're all different.

You CAN do this. You can so, so, SO do this. I look forward to hearing of your success!
Thanks very much for that, that's a great point- the "high" doesn't last, and I should know that better than anyone. So I commit to following my weight loss plan, no matter how I feel or what excuses I might come up with!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorlal View Post
Thanks very much for that, that's a great point- the "high" doesn't last, and I should know that better than anyone. So I commit to following my weight loss plan, no matter how I feel or what excuses I might come up with!
Yes, we sometimes forget we have to "do this" no matter what. Doesn't matter what's going on - if we "don't feel like it" or we're stressed or faced with temptation - whatever - we COMMIT to it - we DO it. Accepting no excuses.

You're on the right track. You've got the right attitude. I'm excited for you!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 236.5 (pg)/209/150

Height: 5'9"

I fell off the wagon yesterday too! I had a donut for breakfast, a mini pizza for lunch, and freaking taco bell for dinner. I was just so fed up with trying to lose weight that I was ready to just forget it, give in, and be fat forever.

This morning when I weighed myself I was up to 223.5. Wow! Up 4 pounds from one day of eating like crap. Seeing that number on the scale seems to be just the thing that I needed to get me back ON the wagon- if I can undo my weight loss in just a matter of days, I am in trouble.

This morning I started back on plan, and I am happy about that. I feel sick and sluggish from all that junk food yesterday, and I can NOT believe I used to eat like that all the time.

Sigh..... trying not to let my day of binging turn into a week or so of not caring what I put into my body.

Seeing people on here that have lost 100 punds or more is really helping me not to give up hope.
fattybobatty is offline   Reply With Quote