Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #16  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Now that I do south beach I've been eating a lot of "good fats" and find I'm not starving like I used to be.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #17  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I will fall off plan the second I'm not being mindful of the plan. I just started a new job so my schedule is off and that has caused my strict routine of calorie counting to slip off my radar. If I don't log my calories I will overeat my calories. I know this and yet I seem to keep letting it happen. Uggghhhh!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #18  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

For me it's if I let myself get too hungry... then comes the snacking, or worse, if I'm starving and we're eating out. I rarely have any self control if that happens. I've mostly avoided that by adding in an afternoon snack.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

There are different reasons. In the past, I've sometimes sort of given up or gotten distracted by other priorities and my WOE completely slipped off my radar screen. That hasn't happened (at least not yet) since I started this last time about two years ago.

One problem I still have is staying on plan during the holidays. We travel and spend over a week at the inlaws, visiting friends, dining out, etc. Gained 10 lbs last holiday season. I'm trying to come up with a plan for dealing with that this year.

Another time I fail is when I have a stressful deadline for work. I don't have time to exercise and I get the nibbles. I work from home so it's very tough to avoid getting up from the 'puter and mindlessly finding something to eat in the kitchen when I'm stuck on something (or just need an excuse for a break). I *can* stay OP for eating with a lot of effort, but the exercise goes out the window.

Another thing that happened to me is that I stayed "OP" but the P migrated. I basically maintained this past year. I ate what I planned to eat, but in restrospect there was too much slack in the plan to make progress.

But I have made a lot of progress overall, and I seem to have a handle on the one-shot holidays (Easter, Halloween), that used to throw me off plan.

Last edited by yoyoma; 09-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote