Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/246/140

Height: 5'4

Default Going off ....

What do you think that makes us go off our eating helthy eating habits....
princess jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

I will fall OP when I am not prepared. My schedule is just so crazy....I have 3 girls at 3 different schools, I work and my DH is a firefighter. If I do not plan our meals ahead of time then I will eat poorly!!!
KDHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

There are probably a million answers to that, but a few of them could be stress, emotional eating, old habits die hard, strict dieting etc...

Some people I think jump into a diet and they feel deprived, they aren't supporting themselves, working toward a lifestyle change and then one day they get burned out and they go off their plan, as they say.

But then again I think it is different for everyone...depending on the person, situation, etc.

I don't think I do go off of "healthy eating," but there are times I make poor choices like do I really need all that hummus? Do I really need to have that coconut ice cream? lol... It is a lifestyle for me, I still sometimes make maybe not the most positive choice at the time. Etc... But at the end of the day I make my choices, positive or negative within my lifestyle.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:29 PM   #4  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I'm with KDHW, but another time when I fail is when I try to be too strict on myself (basically get too greedy). I say "well I've been eating 1700 calories and loosing 1 lb a week, what if I drop it to 1300, I could loose more" then I'm not eating enough and I end up bingeing.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #5  

Stress for me!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Stress is a biggie, emotional eating (even if it's a celebration and we're happy) but a biggie for me that I'm trying to stay on top of, is a mentality that says "I deserve it.". By that I mean, that I sometimes find myself wanting to indulge or go off plan because I worked out, I've been 'good', etc. I now say to myself--instead of giving in--this is a lifestyle. Can't think that way anymore or I'll be right back where I started. In the past, after loosing wt. I've had the idea that I can go back to my old ways. Silly I know but it has taken me awhile to figure out there has to be some kind of permanent change. This new way of think USUALLY keeps me from going off plan. There is no taking a break of stopping.

There has to be some kind of permanent change in the way I do things in order for me to be sucessful long term.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #7  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

Mostly, I like food. And I like a lot of foods that aren't "good for me". Key lime pie, cheesecake, ice cream, and Doritos. And chocolate. All fruit pies. If I could go live in a land where none of these existed, I would have no problem sticking to it.
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 6

Boredom with the foods we are eating. I think it's important to switch it up regularly. If you eat the same thing for lunch day after day other options sure seem a lot more tempting!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone! for me its when i hang out with my mum and friends! but alas a break through this past weekend. My mum and brother are going to try following weight watchers with me! they live in another town, but im excited for them....
Old 09-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #10  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Being an emotional eater like I am/was. Though I find a lot now that I don't always turn to food like I used to.

Also stressed or being tired- some nights I just don't feel like cooking- then I'd order food out- now I'm less likely to do this. Planning all my meals help AND learning new recipes and making good food so the family will WANT to eat what I make ALSO helps
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #11  

When I eat too little during the day, I will crave starchy foods at night (pasta, crackers, etc.)
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #12  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Mostly excuses and justification. For me, of course. I could tell you that it's when I'm tired of cooking, or that I ate off plan the days I had dental work done. All of that is true, but they are still excuses and justifications. I can cook even when I'm tired of doing it. I justify it by convincing myself that I'm somehow owed a night of not cooking. I ignore the rational voice in my head that says I'm certainly not owed a night of neglecting my health.

I think accepting this about myself has helped me this time around. The 220's has been slow for me, but it's because I've justified bad habits too often in this band. When I admit this to myself it's easier to stick with the long haul because I'm not lying to myself and pretending it's not within my control.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

This is the normal convo between my body and my will power before I go off plan...

"Hey! Hey you! We're tired, upset and stressed and we want to go to sleep to make it go away! You know what makes us fall asleep REALLY fast? OVER-EATING! Espeically if it involves loads of sugar! SUGAR!! Come on! You can do it! BUY THE CAKE! We'll sleep like a baaaaaaby."

Yep. Stupid body. We don't take advice from the body anymore...
marbear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #14  

I also notice a real problem when I don't get enough fat in my diet. Since I eat mostly lean protein, veggies, and fruit, it's almost impossible to get any in. I have to make a conscious effort to add nuts, oil, etc. So... I just ate an avocado. Yes, the whole avocado. About 30g of fat. I will also have some 2% cottage cheese at dinner & eggs. I can pretty much guarantee that I will not be tempted to eat junk tonight.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #15  

rachinma i totally agree with you... that is one of my problems.