Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Thanks girls. I am happy to have people who understand. That really was an example but the similar comment was actually made by my fiance ....yea ouch! And then he asked....well don't you want me to be honest with you?

He said that "fat" girls shouldn't wear their hair in a certain way because they need to look as feminine as possible. He doesn't mind my hairstyle but a couple years ago I was borderline too fat to wear it that way. But that doesn't matter now because I am soo slim. WOW! He was overweight himself and I just chose not to respond. Cause I would have cussed he muthaf@*%# a$$ out! That is all
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, I woulda kicked his A%$... And anyway, you look fantastic btw!!
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #18  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeBatter View Post
And then he asked....well don't you want me to be honest with you?
There's honest, and then there's mean. This is your relationship and none of my business, but I think the comment about your clothing borders on mean. Of course, just my 0.02 cents. Glad you have a positive attitude!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I guess I like a guy to be honest about everything and not hide the type of person he is.. why pretend to like something he doesn't, you know?

I think guys our age are just more visual and say what they think and repeat what they see online and in the media. I think the internet made it even more acceptable to make fun of overweight women. And yes, women can be catty too.

It's sad that people see weight, hair, clothes..instead of just seeing different people as people and whether they are a good person or not.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #20  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

I think I would refer to that person as my rude, former friend.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #21  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Just jealous kiddo...move on...

How is your mom doing? We miss her over in Christian Encouragers...

PM me if I can help in any way ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #22  
SWMBO

S/C/G: 287/258/169

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Why do people think it is okay to take a jab at your former self? Is it not supposed to hurt your feelings?

Ex: Oh yea you look great in orange now, when you wore it before you were skinny you looked like the great pumpkin. I always wondered what possesed you to wear a bright a** orange shirt!
WTF
You "could" have countered with "the same thing that possessed YOU to _____, sweetpea!"

Oh well, the best replies are those we think of after it's TOO LATE! I would have probably b--ch slapped 'em and thought of something clever while peering through the bars at our local county jail...

Sherry

Last edited by sherrybwc; 09-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.
sherrybwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #23  

Height: 5'3"

Ohh lawd....men just need to learn when to keep that mouth shut. It would save so much trouble.

Cake -- You look tiny in your pic!!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #24  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Why do people think it is okay to take a jab at your former self? Is it not supposed to hurt your feelings?

Ex: Oh yea you look great in orange now, when you wore it before you were skinny you looked like the great pumpkin. I always wondered what possesed you to wear a bright a** orange shirt!

WTF
Oh I would have knocked his lights out! And for him to have been or be overweight too? It kills me when fat and/or balding guys behave in that way. Hey buddy, you're not exactly Mr.Universe yourself there ! He sounds a lot like my ex....which is why he's me ex.

Anyhooo, you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelweed View Post
Woah you have no idea. When I visited my gal pal overseas, she told her dinner party group, as introduction, that I used to be the skinny one in school and she, the fat one, and how now things have swapped. In my presence. She did this again, with a separate group of friends. Each time there was horrified silence as she recounts with glee. And the friends would fumble over themselves telling me how I don't look like I have given birth etc. When my hubby visited her, she did the same thing before him and his colleagues! GAH. I had never confronted her about it, but got back by losing all my baby weight and more. I'm back to my pre-preggers weight. Take that, *****!
You go girl!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh View Post
Ohh lawd....men just need to learn when to keep that mouth shut. It would save so much trouble.

Cake -- You look tiny in your pic!!
No one has ever called me TINY! Thanks hehe

Quote:
Oh I would have knocked his lights out! And for him to have been or be overweight too? It kills me when fat and/or balding guys behave in that way. Hey buddy, you're not exactly Mr.Universe yourself there ! He sounds a lot like my ex....which is why he's me ex.

Anyhooo, you look great!
Yeah he's a flipping idiot who never knows what to say out his mouth...
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 113

Height: 5'2

Thanks Diva and Rosinante!
And yes, CakeBatter you look tiny! :P
jewelweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:56 AM   #27  

Height: 5'9"

It's BS.

I remember when my good friend was staring at me, and I was like "WHAT!?" And she has the guts to say, You're so pretty, how did you ever let yourself get that big and fat before?

I was seriously hurt. Hurt!

Some people just don't think before they speak, Ash!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
Whoever said that to you needs to sign him/herself up for Tool Academy 3.

People can be so thoughtless. I hate to generalize, but most women can be especially catty when it comes to weight and related issues. Another generalization, but men can be very straightforward and not understand how their statements hurt more than help.

Totally true!

I keep thinking about the folks who tell me, "It's so AMAZING that you look so good! OMG! That's not you!? You look AMAZING!" Hmmm, maybe I'm sensitive but telling me it's amazing that I look good doesn't make me feel great.

I like what one guy said to me. He said, "You were attractive before but you are taking it to another level now!". I love that.

I'm sorry you have such a jerk in your life. Shake it off and keep moving. That person sucks.

Last edited by Cali Doll; 09-22-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #29  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Two words:

Jealous much?

And then you STRUT away
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote