Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #1  

Default Where to choose?

Hi guys,

I am not sure, if this is the right place to post it.

i need your inputs. Which one of these works? Please help.

1. nutrisystem
2. slimfast
3. tsfl
4. south beach diet
5. Jenny craig
6. Weight Watchers

I appreciate your reply.

thank you.

Kate
kate looseme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I've never tried any of those. I count calories. It's free, it's simple, it's flexible and it works..for me.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #3  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

I think most everything works. You just have to find what suits you. I have known people that have suceeded with almost everyone of the methods you have listed.

I know that is not much help but it is the accurate.
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Any plan will work if you stick to that plan. I'm with Onderchic and I count calories. It's the easiest plan that I know I can stick to for the rest of my life.

Just remember that it's imporant to find what works for you and, don't be afraid to switch plans or even be bold and create your own. As long as you are getting the desired results you are groovin'.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Exactly, Pita.

If you work a plan and it works for you then you are doing it right. Sometimes, most times, it is a matter of trial and error to find it.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree with all of the above.

That being said, WW works for me. No food or drink is off limits, as long as you account for it and work into the program. And I enjoy the weekly meetings, and the info they give us, and the opportunity to visit with other folks in the same boat.

The meetings are sort of like being here, except it's in real life. We give each other support, suggestions, pats on the back, encouragement and so on.

You just have to find something that works for you that you can do for the rest of your life.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'm a bit strange with my eating, even with WW. Some days I will eat a WW breakfast burrito, in my truck, on my way to work, some days, I make my own, some days, I will eat a tuna sandwich for breakfast, some days, oatmeal and fruit, just depends on my mood, but it's all good as long as I fit it into the plan.

I'm not a big exerciser, because I usually get my 10000 steps a day in at work, plus plenty of weight lifting. ( I work for a veterinarian)I concentrate my exercise on muscle toning and walking. High impact is out for me, bad knees. I like yoga, walking and swimming.

We all have to find the balance that works for us and the lifestyle we have.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #7  
SWMBO

S/C/G: 287/258/169

Height: 5'9

Counting calories here as well...

I've successfully lost weight (70lbs) low carbing, but to do it, I had to basically stay at 20 carbs per day for 9 months and it DID affect my health negatively...won't EVER do that again!

Then I tried Alli...followed the plan and religiously kept my fat grams under 20 a day so I wouldn't have any "treatment effects"...lost 47 pounds in 3 - 4 months. HOWEVER, I found it VERY difficult to stay on the plan at 20g of fat per day, so off the wagon I jumped.

Basically, I got tired of trying to trick my body into losing weight...it's better to do it the old fashioned way IMO, so I'm sticking with straight physics this time...eat less than you burn and, voila! Weight loss!

2+2=4 in any universe, KWIM?

Sherry

Last edited by sherrybwc; 09-10-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: typo
sherrybwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have done several of the programs you have listed. I won't down any of them out of respect to others having success.

I am calorie counting--about 15 months in right now. I love it. It suits me. I can "fit" in anything I like. It's all about me. I am not waiting on a meeting, someone to open the door, a meal delivery or anything else. It's UP to ME!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #9  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, whatever you can stick to LONG TERM is going to be the best choice. ANY plan will get the weight off if you stick to it. The issue is how on earth will you maintain your weight loss if you "end" your diet and go back to the foods you choose to eat.

This is why I do WW...they have an awesome maintenance plan and I can make this program work during and after the weight loss phase.

Let us know what you do!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Sherry--LOVE your logic! Yep, you are right.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #11  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Whatever your choose, it needs to work for your body.

For me, I do best with lots of lean protein and complex carbs.

Sugary and proccessed foods don't work for me, due to strange food allergies. Chocolate gives me stomach cramps and fruit, although I love it also gives me stomach cramps, so I limit my fruit intake, it's not worth the pain. I love noisy crunchy food, so I've figured out how to make WW work for me. Carrots, Celery, microwave popcorn, almonds, grape nuts in my yogurt for noise.

I know it's goofy, but it works for me.

Our bodies are all different, and what works for one, might not work for the next.

As Jillian and Bob say, it's all about balance, I add, it's the balance that works for you!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

WW, which is basically counting calories, worked for me. I tried all the low-carb stuff, and no dice. I love WW because do get to eat whatever I want -- just not as much as I would like to sometimes.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #13  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

I use a portion control plan just because the idea of counting calories makes my head hurt: but I want flexibility. I also really, really hate other people telling me what to do! The old adolescent rebel kicks in! So, I find that an exchange plan is the best of all possible worlds, for me! Here's a great thread about it if you want more information.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...rt-thread.html

Essentially any and every plan works--or doesn't. It's not the plan: it's whether you stick to it and never, ever, say, "That's it, I blew it."

Just keep on swimming....

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 09-11-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #14  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

you have to weigh the pros and cons of each system for you. i am also a calorie counter. i NEED to be able to choose my own foods and if i hear "you CANT eat this", then that becomes all i want to eat, lol. i think WW is pretty similar to calorie counting.

from what i understand, jenny and nutrisystem both have their own foods that you have to purchase. consider if this is an affordable option for you, and also how long you intend to do it. my philosophy is that theres no point to a diet that you cant sustain forever, so plans with foods you have to purchase isnt a realistic option for me. slimfast isnt either, their supplement shakes are fine, but can i really keep that up for the REST of my life??

these are all things to consider. if you need a more flexible/low cost plan, calorie counting or WW might be for you.

if you need something more strict and structured and have the will power to permanently cut certain foods out for the rest of your life, a different plan might work. buying foods does get expensive tho, so also consider your financial situation.

any plan that works for you is a good one!!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

If I could choose any, I'd probably go with Weight Watchers, and then follow a South Beach type food plan within my WW points.

lots of people have success with Weight Watchers. They teach you how to make it a lifestyle, and if you go to the meetings often you are more accountable. I think Jenny Craig is similar, but don't remember if they rely on their premade foods.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote