Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #1  
Lova Lova

S/C/G: 180/173/150

Height: 5' 10

Unhappy I'm getting stretch marks. They're killing me!

I've never had stretch marks before! Every time I see the ones that are appearing on my sides I want to cry, but somehow I still mess up on my diet. There's no way to get rid of stretch marks, they're like a "screw you" every time I look at them. They make me feel like a failure because now this weight gain has made a permanent mark on my body, even when I lose this weight they'll always be there.
I don't know what's wrong with me, I needed to vent because I'm really upset about this today :\
I just feel like seeing the stretch marks should make it pretty easy for me to never mess up on my diet but then I do anyway.
It doesn't help that I had a wretchedly off week. I did a workout that made me literally too sore to walk for like three days after, and it really threw off everything. I'm going on a hike with my hubby tomorrow for the holiday though which will start the week off well.
Please someone just tell me to keep going. Someone remind me not to be so superficial about myself, that these stretchmarks aren't the end of the world
qqforweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/154

Physical Side, BioOil...it works wonders on strech marks, they don't disappear but it does fade them. into almost nothing, I had them on my boobies as they grew SOOO quickly but now I can wear low cut tops and you can barely see them.

I know its a shock I got some on my stomach and I used them as motivation, they do NOT make you ugly neither are they a sign off failure, take them as encouragement that will fade as your weight goes down
KboP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

That's a bummer. I totally cried when I first got stretch marks. And they may not go away but they will fade a lot! Just keep pushing forward with your program and one day they'll be a thing of the past that you hardly notice anymore!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

You know what? Vent away...we TOTALLY understand and get where you're coming from! *HUGS*

I have many stretch marks...holy cow, some are HUGE and you know...I used to look at them when I was over 300 pounds and go "AHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO." Now, I see them very differently. They are lighter, some are fading, and yes they won't all go away, but they aren't so bad. I can live with them..now my bat wings and excess skin...ack! lol

Things do get better though. That is what I think anyhow...my stretch marks used to be really red and angry looking. Now they are a lot lighter.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I'm not sure how old you are, but I don't believe there is such a thing as a woman (or man) without stretchmarks after a certain age. Even in high school, at 5'5 and around 100lbs (yes, I was naturally lanky!), I had stretch marks. They are part of being human - nobody shows theirs off and they airbrush them in magazines. Really, we all have them.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #6  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

ugh, i can SO relate. i got so many stretch marks when i was preg, then losing and gaining weight has made it worse. for some reason mine wont fade. even the ones from pregnancy that are 8 years old are bright purple. there really just isnt anything you can do.

oh well

skinny w/ stretch marks > fat without stretch marks

thats how i look at it.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #7  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
They are part of being human - nobody shows theirs off and they airbrush them in magazines. Really, we all have them.
Truth. And they do fade. They're one of those features that nobody sees but you; we think they're super-noticeable on us, but we rarely notice them on anyone else. They're covered by clothes 90% of the time anyway, and those times when they aren't, like in front of your hubby, well let's just say I doubt he is noticing your stretch marks
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #8  

Ugh-i hate hate hate my stretchmarks. Mine never were red they are white and I'm white so while not very visually noticable, some are deep and puckered in some spots so its more of a texture issue for me.
I have had some since I was a kid and high school at a small/normal weight.
I even have some on my knees?? Wth -im only 5'4"?!
Now with the whole gaining weight I have them under arms, fully round hips thighs stomach. I'm not done losing, so I'm sure as my skin loosens its hold, more will come to light.

I do have a few friends who are stretch mark free and one truly tiny skinny friend who has tons as well-you just never know the hand you'll get dealt.

So, while it is depressing, there really is no logic behind them, no way to fight them and you just need to move past it.
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote