Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Its Been a While

OK, I have been gone for the summer. At least since mid-July so I need to get back into the habit of using 3FC for daily support. The summer has been rough. Weight loss wise I have done fine. I have lost almost 15 pounds since the end of May so for that I am happy.
I was doing fine then mid July came. I had a major gall bladder attack out of no where. The first one ever. I had surgery 2 weeks later. It was supposed to have been out patient but complications arose during surgery so I had to stay in the hospital overnight. My gall bladder was VERY diseased. It had become "stuck" to my liver. Anyway, I am slowly getting back to normal.

However 3 weeks after my surger my husband had a 1st time gall bladder attack and he had surgery that afternoon. His gall bladder was not diseased. He had a hernia that ruptured and pressed on the gall bladder causing a stone to get lodged. So while I was still in my 6 weeks of limited "lifting" I was suddenly having to take care of my husband. He did fine and went back to work a few days after his surgery.

In the past a set back like this summer would have sent me running to food. I have eaten more calories while I have been recovering they have just been "good" calories. No junk for the most part.

Except for the night I got home from the hospital with my husband. I had been without sleep for almost 48 hours. I woke up about 2 a.m. starved. I realized I had not eaten since lunch. It was pouring rain outside. So I got up and get a big glass of 2% milk and dive into the chocolate covered graham crackers. To this day I feel no guilt about it.

Now that we are both getting back to normal I am ready to start a slow build up to my exercise program again. I would love to lose 10 more pounds by the holidays.

I do have some good news in that I tried on a size 16 bluejeans yesterday and they fit. I was in a size 20W just 6 months ago. Yeah Me!!!

Anyway, I am glad to be back on 3FC on look forward to hearing how everyone's journey is going.
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!!

Congrats on those 16s!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #3  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are healing fine from your surgery, and your hubby too! Awesome job on staying on plan even through these rough few months! That in itself is a victory. Not to mention those size 16's! Can't wait til I'm out of the size 20's pants.

Keep up the great work!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote