Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

Default Stress and not eating

I have been changing my eating habits in many positive ways and have made great progress with my lifestyle changes.

However, a family situation has arisen and I am having trouble wanting to eat. I have had less than 1000 calories for the past four days, I have no appetite and have to force myself to eat something to keep my metabolism up.

I am counting WW points and counting calories on Daily Plate.

Frankly, stress has always made me run to the cupboard, this is the first time I have lost my desire to medicate with food. But, I don't want to undo the progress I have made and that feeling of well-being that eating healthy has given me.

Will a temporary period of stress induced deficit screw me up and if I have to make myself get something down, do I concentrate on protein, or what?

I never thought I would have this problem.

Thanks in advance.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'3

I'd eat protein! I am a stress eater too but sometimes when the stress is really really bad I don't want to eat either.
Look after yourself
SPIRITANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #3  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Your cells and vital organs need proper nutrition to function. I also think that it prolongs a binge in the future. Good luck.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #4  
starting over again

I can totally relate. My car broke down for the 4th time in the past year and all have been $1500+ repairs. I was so stressed out I couldn't eat all weekend. I made sure at least when I did eat, it was pretty calorically dense.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the support!

Hopefully this phase won't last long. It is odd to think that I have been training myself to eat smart and now I can't hardly eat at all. I did bottom out today while I was running errands, made the best choice I could in the drive through, then got home and finished up with some healthier stuff.

Maybe I will work toward grazing on small meals until my nerves can handle normal size meals.

And can I just say to the great unknowns of cyber world, this situation really ticks me off I absolutely HATE adultery.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I've gone through times like that. I'd eat some toast with butter, have whole milk cheese and maybe sip on some heavy cream.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote