Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My advice is if you want to go, chip in, etc, then do it but don't eat the pizza. Just because you pay for it (or it is free, etc) doesn't mean you have to eat it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #17  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
My advice is if you want to go, chip in, etc, then do it but don't eat the pizza. Just because you pay for it (or it is free, etc) doesn't mean you have to eat it.
I agree. It sounds like you're already punishing yourself for eating the pizza, when you didn't even want it in the first place! I'd go with my brown bag lunch and ignore the pizza entirely.

But if someone brought some GOOD cake in, I'd have a little piece of that

It's kind of like one of the the hardest lessons I've had to learn: I don't have to over-indulge in order to "get my money's worth" just because I'm at an all-you-can-eat buffet!

Last edited by Rebound; 08-03-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I would go and take my own food. I wouldn't pay the $6 either. Take a nice well wishes card to the intern.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #19  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
It's kind of like one of the the hardest lessons I've had to learn: I don't have to over-indulge in order to "get my money's worth" just because I'm at an all-you-can-eat buffet!
Same here- it's hard for me to think that way. But I'm trying! I keep saying I'm paying for the service of prepared food- not for the food itself...

We'll see how it goes- worst comes to worst I'll eat one slice and then leave lol!

Bah humbug

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.... Maybe they'll order some pizza that's not too terrible... I'm most likely going to bring a salad with me. Or eat my salad when I get back to my desk.

Last edited by beerab; 08-03-2009 at 04:10 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #20  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hi, beerab!

There are a few ways to look at it, I guess. Just some ideas.

Life is full of things we don't really control, so this could be seen as practice. The point is it's a going-away party for someone, and so it would be good to participate to wish him well. I would think of the $6 as a gift to him and your coworkers.

Another thing is, if you prefer, you can probably pick up a more healthy lunch somewhere and bring with you. Be nothing but smiles! It's supposed to be a farewell party.

And finally a last possibility: a single piece of pizza is not going spoil your calories or your hard work unless you let it. Make the best of it! Keep yourself to one piece, enjoy it, and stop there. Have your drink. Say good bye to the intern, and go back to your desk. If you get hungry later, well, you know how to get a snack that will help.

Life will go on! And so will your weight loss!

Jay

Jay, you took the words right out of my mouth!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote