Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #31  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
So, I'm going to be nosy: Do you check your weight once a week? How do you keep on track, then? Just take it meal by meal and workout by workout? I find I get off-track much faster if I don't check everyday...just wondering how you did it. Told you I'd be nosy.

Honestly, I weigh myself whenever the urge hits me. I use to weigh obsessively before, like 15-20 times a day and I would drive myself bonkers over it.

I use a program on my computer called Weight by Date to track my weight, measurements, food and exercise but I also just recently started using sparkpeople.com again. It is VERY helpful to track and plan, in my opinion.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 248/241.5/150

Height: 5'9

I've tried to lose weight a million times a million ways. On Sunday I hooked up my wii, got out the wii fit and just worked out. I did it again today and am realizing that working out is not torture and that I can do this! I've lost close to 20 pounds in the last three months simply by not eating so much crap. With some conscious effort I can really do this!
whitneyallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #33  
Resident Pixie

Woo whitneyallison
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

That I can do it without feeling hard done by because I cannot have all the things I want to have. :-)
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #35  
Resident Pixie

Excellent Stella
Old 08-04-2009, 11:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I have learned that I am responsible for my own actions. Most of what happens to me is directly related to what I did or didn't do(this spills over to other areas of life) This also applies to everyone. I really believe now that if a person doesn't like their situation, it can be changed, they can change it, there is almost always a way.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:36 PM   #37  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Michelle, sorry to hijack, but I just want you to know how much I enjoy seeing your smile on your avatar. You are glowing with pride and joy!!
And reading your posts is bonus
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #38  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayla View Post
I have learned that I am responsible for my own actions. Most of what happens to me is directly related to what I did or didn't do(this spills over to other areas of life) This also applies to everyone. I really believe now that if a person doesn't like their situation, it can be changed, they can change it, there is almost always a way.
Excellent Mikayla! Thanks for sharing with us
Old 08-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #39  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Michelle, sorry to hijack, but I just want you to know how much I enjoy seeing your smile on your avatar. You are glowing with pride and joy!!
And reading your posts is bonus
kittycat40 -

I have been awake maybe 5 minutes. Still on my first cup of coffee. Yet, this post has already brightened my day and put a smile on my face. You are so very sweet. Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Last edited by Onederchic; 08-05-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Lets see...what have I realized lately.

Well I've realized that it is high time I start living my life, getting closer to my life goals, and STOP fussing about my weight and dieting. I am more happy when I am just living a healthy life and being active than when I fuss about and trying to appease the weight loss gods. Not only that I actually loose more weight when I'm enjoying my life rather than fixating on working harder to loose pounds!

I still have a lot to learn about life and myself and a lot to work through, but I'm starting to get that when I'm in my "zen moments" I am happier, healthier, and moving, moving, moving and isn't that what a healthy lifestyle is all about? When I'm fixated on diet, exercise, routine, and weight loss I am grumpy, annoyed, tired, and negative. Hmph.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #41  
Resident Pixie

That is just awesome Jacquie668!!