Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkychic View Post
My question is - is he really putting it off now due to worries over my emotional well being or because he is ashamed of me? My heart wants to believe the first option but my psycho mind keeps honing in on the second and I don't know what to believe
Maybe he is worried over your emotional well-being, but that doesn't make it not a problem. He need to let you grow, not worry you into a corner!

Last edited by JulieJ08; 07-20-2009 at 02:54 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #47  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

How about a little self-esteem boost right before you meet? For example, I *always* feel better about myself right after a trip to the salon & getting my hair done. Or, a trip to the nail salon and get your nails done. Something for you that you feel like you can "show off" (even though you probably won't BE a show off) - it always makes me feel better about events or meeting people I don't know.

You can DO this - I am willing to bet it will not be nearly as bad as you think it might be. I bet you will even enjoy yourself
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

I have no idea what it means. I suppose it's most likely that he likes to be your protector, take care of you, etc. But really, if that's the case then he needs to grow, too. Definately, you need to talk this through with him, and let him know you want this so he can be proud of you and make your relationship together (and with his family) even stronger.

Maybe he's a little scared himself.

Let us know what he says, please.
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #49  
Baby Stepping Along

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. It may seem to have come out of the blue to him or he may want to talk to you in person before you do this. This has obviously been a pretty big deal up to this point and I can see where I might balk too if I was in his shoes. Give him a chance to talk in person. It's waited this long a little longer isn't going to change much other than letting you just get it over with. Hang in there. It's going to be ok. I really, really doubt it's about him being ashamed. There is nothing for him to be ashamed of. If I were in your shoes, I would consider what words you want to use to explain where you are coming from and focus on keeping everything in perspective. If you are in a good place when he gets home, you can show him it will be ok.

Peg
p7eggyc is offline   Reply With Quote