Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/159/130

Height: 5'7

I'm a september baby too!! So what do you guys do when you're feeling like this? It's usually only once or twice a month that I have these sad days. I even distant myself form my boyfriend, who has no clue why, bless his heart. I try to explain, but lets face it, men will NEVER truely understand. He stays by my side though. He's wonderful!! But don't think he doesn't have his little PMS days lol. I think it's a chemical imbalance ... like depression. What do you guys think?
bossmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #32  

Height: 5'8"

I definitely think it has to do with time of the month. I put my boyfriend through the same thing. I actually try to explain to him that I look like a gigantic, rippling monster attempting to pass off as a human female, because that's what I feel like. He just doesn't understand how I could possibly feel so unattractive when he sees the complete opposite.

But again, it's only a few days out of the month. I just try to get through those days knowing that it will pass. I guess I haven't really found a solution yet to helping myself feel better. I'm sure I will as I get older. I hope?!?! It's such a draining and unnecessary process!
missgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #33  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Well, it could be. I certainly struggle with both depression and anxiety and am back on the Prozac after a long stint off it. It's certainly worth talking to your doctor about.

Are you a Virgo, too? I know astrology is kinda silly (but I love it!), but Virgos are hyper-critical of themselves. If there's a fault out there, we're the first to own up to it. On days when I get like that, I tend to shrink away from people too; but for me, that only makes it worse. The best fix I've found is to do something productive: clean my apartment, etc. or do something fun and out of the house with my gal pals.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/159/130

Height: 5'7

I wish I had awesome girl friends ... over the years they either move always or we've agreed to disagree I guess. I usually turn to family.
bossmare is offline   Reply With Quote