Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 08:14 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again....#178

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!

Old 06-14-2002, 08:19 PM   #2  
I'm on my way!

OK it took me a while to get these other two posts over here but I did it! I moved Mary and Mrs. Katz over from page 2 of the last thread so no one would miss them!

Hello ladies
I think I finally have my banking problem worked out It was DH fault he deposited the money in the wrong account.

I went to Sears to try to get a stove and they wouldn't approve my credit Yes I had to get one, my oven went out and it was going to cost a lot to fix it. I got one with a smooth top and self cleaning oven.

So I came back home and bought one at a local store my aunt works at it was a little cheaper but I got it without ant hassle. They will deliver it tomorrow.

DH and I didn't go to a movie or eat out today we will do it tomorrow.

And Yes Baylee I can walk today But who knows about tomorrow.

This is Mrs. Katz

Support
Hi! I just joined. I lost about 50 pounds last year. I gained it all back and I am feeling so bad about myself. I am trying to lose it again, but it is very hard. I am not going to exercise yet. I am trying to lose some more before I exercise. I have a lot of health problems, including not being able to walk well. I did feel better when I lost weight last year. Why did I gain it back when I liked that people said that I looked good?

Last edited by MichelleK; 06-14-2002 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:29 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Mrs. Katz...welcome to our group! You will find the support you are looking for here thats for sure. These gals are the greatest friends you'll ever meet in cyberspace!

I know exactly how you feel about gaining the weight back. I lost 97 lbs back in 1999-2000 then gained most of it back when I was pregnant and am struggling big time to get it off! I felt much better without all this weight and was able to move much easier! My heel spurs went away and the aches and pains were gone...now they are all back again! I am determined to get it off again but I just need to get this binging out of my system and start anew!

This is just a quickie post. I am trying to get my son to sleep but not having any luck! I wanted to start the new thread since I noticed we went to two pages already!

Tina send those job vibes this way...I need them for next wednesday when I go on my interview! I want that job now!!

I will try to get on and post tomorrow. We have gymboree in the morning and then we are going to John's brother's house for a fathers day cookout. All his brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews will be there too....they have a built in swimming pool which is nice but I will be a basket case all day with my son there. It is their whole backyard with brick and cement all around it so no place for the little guy to play. I bought him a swim vest which he will be wearing all day long if I have my way! I am almost hopping it rains which is in the forecast but keeps changing as to when it will actually rain. Am I bad or what? My son loves playing in water and I know he won't stay away from the pool! Wish me luck!!

Have a good nite everyone and I will try and catch up this weekend! Michelle
Old 06-14-2002, 11:41 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Hi Mrs Katz!

Welcome to our little corner of the boards! I had tried to post a reply to you earlier, but somehow managed to obliterate my post! It was too rambly anyway. I think, in a nutshell, what I had tried to say was just this...I think it's important that we learn to love ourselves...NOW...not when we lose this weight or when we can fit into a size whatever jeans...NOW because we are good people, deserving of love and admiration, especially from ourselves. When we love and nurture ourselves, the natural desire is to take the very best care that we can of our bodies...that's my theory, anyway...it's a work in progress!

There is a great thread going on called. "Everyone, please post 10 things you like about you!" I would love to see everyone here post something. It's a great way to self-examine and to share the wonderful things that make each one of us special.

So, good luck to you in your efforts. Don't dwell on the past, we've all lost and gained. The idea is to keep moving forward, keep your eyes on the prize!

Thanks Michelle, for starting the new thread, and for basically just showing up! Good luck at the pool party. (they say it's supposed to rain AGAIN tomorrow)...With his little vest on, your son should be fine...mine paddled around like a fish at a very young age, and still LOVES the water...

Mary, I'm glad you got your banking issues straightened out. Those 'service charges' certainly add up! One time the mortgage co. took TWO payments out, by mistake, sending checks bouncing all over creation! Fun.

Lucky...by now, the potato salad is done, the lawn is mowed, the guest towels are out and all is ready for the gang to arrive...right? Have a great time, try to sneak in here when you can!

I'm on one of those "upswings" in mood...the last three days have been great food-wise, I've been to the gym two days in a row (woo hoo) and I'm feeling full of energy. I made poached salmon for dinner tonight, had it with a salad. It was excellent! I love this food plan...was reading over sone of the recipes and they look definitely do-able! I had a brush-in with a chocolate bar wrapper, which sent waves of desire through me, but it passed...whew! I can do this!

I'm going to watch "Harry Potter" for the umpteenth time with my son. Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-14-2002 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:12 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning
Welcome Mrs Katz this is a great group.

I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and made coffee and checked in here. DH is still in bed. This bank think has me in a tizzy I think I finally have my check book balanced I hope. They are suppose to deliver my new stove today. I can't wait I have always wanted a smooth top stove.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Thin where are you and 2cute.

Michelle, Katrina, and Baylee have a good weekend.
be back later
Old 06-15-2002, 08:31 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

We've come a long way, baby! Thanks for that, Baylee. When you think of how much has changed in your own lifetime, heck, the last 20 years, it boggles the mind...I can't imagine what the future holds, just hope, no...change that to I KNOW I will be slim and healthy enough to enjoy it!

Good morning gang! It looks like another drizzly day here...my son has yet another baseball game this afternoon...they just keep on winning...(don't tell anyone, I wouldn't mind if they lost! might end the season! )

I still haven't been to see my daughter's show (nice mother) which opened Thursday...I plan on going tonight. Tomorrow, weather permitting, sis is having a Father's Day bash/pool party. This should be interesting, trying to figure out what to eat. It's not easy coming up with meal ideas that do not include both a protein and a carb. I think I may bring baked beans and a big salad, maybe a pasta salad...hmmm...I'm not complaining, mind you, still feeling real gung ho about this new way of eating...I feel great! Very energetic, clear minded, and if I'm not mistaken, the usual red, itchy patches on my hands have calmed down a bit.

If you get a chance, give this book a look/see..."Fit for Life" by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond. They really make so much sense...working with the body's natural functions, instead of against them. They are both vegetarians, but do not push that as the way to go, though it really makes me think about leaning in that direction. My carnivorous family may give me an argument there...

Well, two people have posted as I type this, so I'm going to stop here, read and see what's happening this AM...then I have a 9:30 Aqua Run class...I'll see ya'll later! have a great day!

"Life has a way of surprising us. It does not behave the way we planned or anticipated. That is when we grab onto faith and hang onto it like a life jacket, until better days." !Phyllis Joy Davison

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-15-2002 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:49 AM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Good morning Baylee, Kat and Mary! And everyone else that is lurking.

Mrs. Katz I hope you come post here with us on a regular basis!

I am off to dry my hair. I just wanted to check in before I leave for gymboree. John is going with us today! Then when we get back I have to pack up our stuff and off we go to John's brother's house for the fathers day cookout. Doesn't look like we will be outside by the pool though so I feel better about that!

I made a pasta salad and a jello thingy. Its really good. Its simple to make and makes a 9x13 pan.

Orange Jello Salad

2 sm. pkg. sugar free jello
2 c. boiling water
7-8 ice cubes
1- 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1- 16 oz low fat cottage cheese
1- 8 oz container light cool whip

Disolve the jello in the water. Add the ice cubes and stir till melted. Stir in the oranges, pineapple, cottage cheese and then the cool whip. Pour into a 9x13 pan and chill till set.

I don't know the points on this but I would imagine it would be pretty low for a decent size serving.

Anyway...gotta run! MIchelle
Old 06-15-2002, 10:10 AM   #8  

Hey...yep all is done (except to make dessert for dinner tonight-waiting for the strawberries to thaw) ..... Two of my nephews came over to help last night...13 & 15...they are such honey's....we ended up with time for a beer in front of a fire around 10PM (okay, I am not a terrible aunt, they had pop).

Now everyone will show up this afternoon and make a mess out of the place with suitcases!

I am counting on all of you to keep on keeping on so when I return on the 24th WE can inspire one another. I hope to be able to check in once and awhile.

Will be back before they get here.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:37 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Well, well, well.
Nobody to play with...

I hope everyone is having a great weekend with lots of fun stuff planned for Father's Day! We're going to my sister's for a bbq/pool party...last forecast predicted rain...gonna be a lot of people jammed into her house! My darling husband, sadly, has to work. He's not too sad...he doesn't mind missing an event with my family! ("Awww, honey, I'm gonna have to miss it, gee that's too bad!" with a devilish smirk on his face!) I don't mind, I feel the same way, at times...

I have my potato salad just about done...just waiting for the taters to cool, everything is chopped and ready to go. I'm going to bring a green salad too. loaded with all kinds of good things: spinach, radishes, carrots, red cabbage, cukes, grape tomatoes, yellow peppers...I like to make it as colorful as I can. I'm really tryin' here!

Today was my (drum roll, please...) 3rd consecutive day at the gym! I'm scarin' myself!! I plan on going again tomorrow too! I have a running joke with a girl at work...we have both been known to let the gym membership go to waste, at times...Our greeting to each other is usually, "Been to the gym?" followed by, "Well, I THOUGHT about it!" She's gonna fall off her chair, tomorrow night when I tell her, "Yes! These past 4 days...where have YOU been?"

Well...I guess I'll go do something constructive...not sure what...hope to see a few more posts tomorrow!

Nighty night!
xxoo
Old 06-15-2002, 11:56 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Hey guys!!!

Hey guys!!

Where is everybody? Out having fun......I bet! Don't get me wrong.......I have been so happy this week, but I have been so stressed out! Here is a rundown of my week: Monday: Go to work---go to hospital and put in application. Tuesday: Go to temp agency and fill out application (82 pages long)(they want to know everything but your underwear size)>>>take all kinds of tests.........typing......general office skills.........medical receptionist........medical spelling......you name it. I left there in time to have another interview at dh's work. Come home, get the call from the temp agency and accept the job. Call boss and quit. Wednesday: Go to work........sent home early. Get a call from hospital>>>>go to interview at hospital. Offered job. Call temp agency and tell them I can't start for them after all. Thursday: Go pee in a cup (for my drug test) and have blood drawn. Friday: Arrive at Employee health at 7:15am. Go in and have my physical.........poked and prodded like you wouldn't believe. She looked at my eyes, in my ears, up my nose......checked my reflexes........checked my flexibility.....looked at my spine........poked on my stomach.........you can't even imagine. I did get my blood results back though and she told me I am anemic. Pretty bad from what I understand. Iron is practically non-existent. Of course, it doesn't keep me from getting cleared to work, but I have to show proof I have went to my regular doctor within one month because she said she was sure he would be putting me on some type of iron medication. <<<<<Anyways...>>>>>>> I got my id card made, got my parking sticker and my employee handbook. Called the head of customer service and let her know I am cleared for work and she tells me to be there bright and early at 8:00am on Monday morning..........and boy, I am exhausted.
It seems like I have been doing something every single day this week and have been hanging on by a thread each day. I have just about bit my poor dh's head off every day this week.....I know he is about ready to lock me in a closet somewhere!

Now, I need your help girls. I am am asking you to do this, so you will not get any guff from me when you do as I have asked. I have vacation scheduled for four days in July>>>>>that means a BATHING SUIT!<<<<<<that means me.......ME.....in a bathing suit! Ok, picture this: A volley ball......with a rubber band wrapped around it.<<<<you have just pictured me in a bathing suit! Ok, I did really good and stayed OP for like 7 days in a row and I was well on my way to getting in the groove. Then, I became totally stressed out this week. And then I decided to celebrate! Wednesday night, I went out to eat at O'Charley's and had prime rib and 2.........yes 2 rolls with butter. Thursday, I did good. I stayed OP. Friday, I don't recall exactly what I ate, but I just know I had too much of it. And today......oh Lord help me...........fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fried squash, coleslaw and biscuits. And it was sooooo good, but soooo bad for me. Starting NOW----right this minute.....I am back OP. I HAVE to lose another 10 lbs. before I go to Florida! And I need you guys to hold me accountable. ASK ME.......everyday>>"Tina! Did you stay OP today?" I need you to keep me on track. Yes, I know that you love me the way I am. Yes, I know that you can't make me stay OP.....that, that is something I have to do for myself. But, I am asking you to keep an eye on me and hold me accountable.......and I will be honest with you. And if I slip.........(and I will do my dead level best not to) then I want you to give me a swift poke in the eye.....ok?

Well, I guess I will go for now. I love you all and hope you are doing well. I miss you guys too. I will try my best to do some individual replys tomorrow, but I want to call you out by name..............2cute, Thin, Malia, Kat, Lucky, Jen, Michelle, Mary, Baylee, Theresa, Duckie and any newbies and anyone I've missed: Thank you so much for listening to my rambling this week and thank you for being so supportive. Changing jobs has been real real difficult for me.........any type of change usually is. (even though my boss is a craphead) but, I have been able to come here and listen to you cheer me on and I have been able to look at the lighter side, instead of staying so stressed out all the time. You guys are the best.

Tina

P.S. Guess who's racing tomorrow!??

Last edited by QueenB; 06-16-2002 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2002, 12:12 AM   #11  

You're awesome Tina! You got out and did it. I'm so proud of you.

I worked in the yard today. From 6:30am to 3pm. I worked on a hedge and encroaching grass. I don't want to do that again so I bought some edgings and placed it around the hedge. Planted marigold seeds too. It was a good workout. Tonight I hope to see a movie at a film festival. It'll be on a golf course under the stars. I can't wait. The movie is my big fat greek wedding. Hope it'll work out.

Gotta get ready. see ya.
Malia
Old 06-16-2002, 09:02 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Yoo Hoo I'm here I an't going no where. I got my new stove yesterday It is beautiful so clean and shiny. Can't wait to use it. I am cooking grilled salmon for DH tonight and stirfried squash I am getting them out of my garden now.

Hope all of you have a great day. I am so proud of all of you
My aunt gave me a nice pant suit this week that she didn't like . It was a 18 so I didn't think it would fit but you know what? IT DID I was shocked The top is a little snug around my shoulders because I am a little humped but it does fit.

Well I'll get off her for now Have a great day and Post Post Post

Last edited by Grannie39074; 06-16-2002 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:21 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

TINA, DID YOU STAY OP TODAY?

Maybe I should say, since it's kind of early in the day...

TINA, DO YOU PLAN ON STAYING OP TODAY?

How's that? For that matter...

DO YOU ALL PLAN ON STAYING OP TODAY?

Good! That's what I thought!

Not much to report since my last post about 12 hours ago...well, actually there is...in keeping with my body's usual cycle...(the third day always KILLS me) I was ravenous last night. Could have been boredom, but the more I thought about it, I realized that I have been exercising WAY more than usual and eating much less. so therefore, did not stress over the bowl of ice cream I treated myself to...ok, AND the Hershey Bar! (last one left over from "s'mores festival" last week)

Ahhh, confession is good for the soul.

Instead of hitting the gym today, I'm going to take my big, dumb doggy for a good long walk. The sun is half-heartedly peeking out, so we'd better get while the gettin' is good. Then I MUST cut the grass. So there's my exercise for the day. Then off to the party, home early, and back to work tonight ... Fingers are still crossed for the job at the Rehab center! I clocked the miles yesterday...1.4 miles, door to door! My present job is only 3.3 miles from home and I still have a time of it getting there on time.

Starting to ramble, now...time to go....

Have a great Father's day everyone...
Old 06-16-2002, 11:48 AM   #14  

Hey Girls,
I thought I better post something, and let you know that I'm still around and lurking, and every time I post I start out saying why I don't post so much but this time I won't bore you with the same old details.
I've actually been OP for the last 3 days, and plan on staying on program. I went for a 2 mile walk on Thursday, and yesterday I mowed the lawn so I guess I'm getting my excerise in as well. Things have been good, I have an appointment to see a Mental Health councelor on Tuesday, I first booked to help me with my Trichtillmania, but as of today I have been PF (pull free) for 24 days, I think I might have this disorder under control. But I still want to see the counselor regarding my relationship with DF, maybe get couple counseling ( I don't know how to spell ) together. We need help in our comunication skills, I'm tired of talking to the wall, and nothing ever changes. Were suppose to be getting married, and we've never even discussed anything to do with planning or setting a date. All he ever say's is I don't care do what you want, and I'm tired of having every thing left up to me, a little input would be nice. We also have a 4 yr old son and It's hard raising him when there's no structure, If i try to punish him he run's to daddy and if daddy gets mad he runs to me, we need to discuss and stick to our decisions on how to deal with our son. Anyway's enough about me.
Tina congrats on your job, it sounds like it will be exciting and challenging, way to go, and ARE YOU ON PO I don't want to have to poke you in the eye
I hope everyone else is having a great Father's Day, talk to you later.
Old 06-16-2002, 12:31 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Happy Father's Day Everyone!!

Happy Father's Day everyone!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I overslept this morning, and didn't go to church. I feel bad about it because my Dad was there this morning and they usually have you go to your dad on Father's Day and give him a hug or pin a carnation on him and he didn't have anyone there to do that. Now, before you start giving me a guilt trip, I had mixed emotions about this anyways.......for those of you that may remember, my Dad and I do not actually have a very good history. I spent my life growing up, being made miserable by this man. He was & is an alcoholic and drinking or not, always made it a point to make fun of me. To this day, whenever he sees me, he greets me with, "Hello Fats!" so you'll have to excuse me if I don't feel that bad for not going this morning. I dread talking to my Mom this afternoon because I know she's going to give me a guilt trip, but she should understand more than anyone............she has suffered his emotional and physical abuse for longer than anyone. Oh great, now I'm crying. I get so jealous of people that have a good relationship with their Dad..........well, any type of relationship with their Dad. I try not to feel sorry for myself, but I never really had a "dad". Growing up, my parents traveled with their business, so they were gone anywhere from 7-8 months out of the year, so I was mostly raised by my grandmother. But when they were home, it was horrible. I can remember when it was close to time for them to come home, I would dread it for days and when they got home and called to let us know they were on the way to pick up me and my brother, I would cry like my heart was broke. I actually ached. When they were home, he would get up and leave about 8:30-9:00 and head out to the beer joints and usually wouldn't get home till 11:00 or 12:00 at night and he was totally out of it. He would come screaming into my bedroom, telling me what a whore my mother was and would start throwing things. My walls had so many holes in them, it looked like swiss cheese. Some days, I think he just stayed home to make us miserable. My chore was to sweep the driveway everyday. (It was about 8-9 car lengths long) and he would sit out there in a lawn chair with a can of beer in his hand laughing at me because I was crying because I had swept for so long I had a blister on my hand. OK ENOUGH! I'm sorry guys............I didn't mean to run my mouth like that..........and I don't want you to feel sorry for me. That part of my life is over.............I just wanted you to understand why I don't feel that bad that I missed church this morning. Thanks for listening.

Ok...............................on to happier things and individual replys!

Duckie: So good to see you back. I've missed you. Lurk all you want girl.........just come back and post. I think counseling would be a good idea if you can get him to agree to it. It is very hard talking to a brick wall. They just don't talk back! Take care sweetie and always remember, we are here for you.

Kat: I love you girl! You are the best! I will keep my fingers crossed for you too about that job. I think I might take the ol' doggy for a walk today, too. Although it might be more like he will be walking me............I've got a rottweiler and he is pretty big!

Baylee: I guess I'm a fine one to talk on this subject, but don't let that supervisor get to you. I know how easy it can be though.........I have drove home in tears many times myself, that's why I am SOOOOO Happy to be out of there!! Also, congrats on the good visit to the Mayo clinic, keep those clean visits coming!

Mary: Congrats on the new stove...I love to get new appliances. The dinner your fixing sounds really good. How do you stirfry squash? (other than in cornmeal and oil) Congrats on the new outfit too. I tried on a pair of pants that has been sitting in my closet for 7 years (still had the tag on them) --they were an 18 too. And they fit!!!! Yea for us!! It's things like that, that keep you motivated, huh?

Malia: That movie your talking about going to sounds awesome. Sounds like you've been planting away in that garden too. I need to get busy!

Well, gonna hop on out of here for now. Time for the race!! I hope all my friends have a wonderful day and thank you for asking me today if I am still OP. The answer is YES!!!! (however, I have only been up for about an hour, but it will be an OP day!!) I will try to hop back in later on today.

Michelle, 2cute, Thin, Jen, Susie, Theresa, Lucky......thinking of you today and hope your having a wonderful day! Love you guys!!

Tina

P.S. Once again, I apologize for rambling about my dad, I guess you guys are just easy to talk to!

Last edited by QueenB; 06-16-2002 at 12:42 PM.
Closed Thread