Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #541  
ugggg.....

real quickee...boy am I behind..it's gonna take awhile to get caught up on my reading...

readers digest version...I am mindlessly grazing again..I am trying to pull it together...the last two days I put my pedometer back on--my goal is 10,000 steps...didn't make it yesterday but just under 11,000 today...also drinking my water...I am one of those people who don't lose weight unless I am drinking lots of it....

my Mom was diagnosed with squamous cell skin cancer that metasticized (sp?) back early this year, she has been done chemo and radiation for about a month--went to the doctors Thursday....she still has two tumors...good news is the cancer didn't go any where else and of the several tumors...there are only two. Her surgery consultation is next Tuesday morning at John Hopkins..there are alot of really great surgeons there and it gives me hope that I need to hold on to.

I will try to be better at posting.....gotta run....

Last edited by jules1216; 06-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #542  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for your mom JULES! and your family too!

BRAT I am glad you slept better!

Had salad for dinner...looking for a change on the scale in the morning...and I don't UP!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #543  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

The kids didn't get in. Oh well. My comp fritzed,so I must be quick on DD comp. Get back at you Later.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #544  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

bummer MINDY....AI stinks!!!....wink
Old 06-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #545  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Jules-Congrats on the 10000 steps and the water. Prayers for your mom!

EZMONEY- A salad for dinner? Hope you saw a change meaning DOWN!

Mtiger-Sorry to hear about the kids and your computer.. That can really screw things up for you sometimes when your computer goes down. I know it has for me before.

So last night we had some last minute company and so it was a good thing I had cooked lasagna and brownies. It was one of my husband's friends and he was offering my husband a job somewhere else so they discussed terms last night and etc. My husband isn't going to take it for now but if things get worse financially and slower at his job then he will because this other job will offer about the same pay but the hours are less and would allow my hubby to go get a second job. I am praying that doesn't have to happen and that in a couple of more weeks I feel better and perhaps I can help out more in some way. I'm not sure in what way I could help except for me to get a second job myself but that would affect my part time school plans for the upcoming fall and possibly my recovery from whatever this is. So we have a lot to discuss in the next couple of weeks and a lot of decisions. It is a bit stressful since that would be a big change in our lifestyle again but it is nice knowing he has a potential back up. I am just really praying even more so now that my problem is just a severe lack of sleep and insominia for some reason probably stress and that this will be the end of doctor's visits and etc. I'd appreciate prayers as well too. Everyone have a great day!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #546  
ugggg.....

blondebritbrat--hugs to you, I understand all about stress...I usually sleep like the dead unless I am stressed...then either I can't go to sleep, can't stay asleep, definitely don't get enough sleep and feel like the walking dead.....

Got my water and over 11,000 steps in today....finding myself parking further awway, actually walking during my two breaks at work and with ALL the water getting dumped in...I am walking the hallways to get it out....
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #547  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great job JULES!...every step counts!!!

Prayers....ALWAYS!....for you BRAT.

I was down 1.5 on the scale this morning....gonna keep on trying!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #548  
mtiger

Wink

My computer will be out for about 5 days. Yuck!!! My DD is being nice and letting me use hers. Not fun.

The trip to Chicago was fun evne though nobody got to the next level. It was nice to spend time with my kids. Chicago is a crazy town. I didn't keep track of eating but did okay. I came home the same weight as when I left. I am just maintaining at this point. Hope to lose some more soon. Probably after TOM, around the 5th. Have my fingers crossed.

Wee- Good job on the performance.

Brit- Hang in there with all the changes in your life.

Gary- Just a little while till that anniversary. How's it going??

Jules- Prayers for your mom. Hang in there.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #549  

Soo food has kind of gone out the window right now for me. I'm okay with that for now until I get back to my old strength which I don't think will be too long. :-) My doctor just told me to listen to my body and I'm trying to do that. I'm munching a lot my appetite seems to be coming back so I need to stock up on healthy snacks again this coming weekend. It feels like a small victory in a way since so much of my time was being devoted to sleeping/napping and I've not taken a nap in two days. I am truly starting to think that sleeping so poorly was the cause of a lot of my problems since I am starting to feel so much better already and am able to think clearly and process things. I've been reading again which is my fave hobby. I'm still so tired I haven't really bothered to think about why and what has been keeping me up so much. I'll come to that when I'm a bit more rested.

Mtiger-I've been to Chicago and wish I could have seen a bit more of it. I was only there for like 8 hours. But sounds like you had fun with your kids and that's what is important. WTG on no weight gain while being away!

Gary-How is it going?

have a great day all!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #550  

So I just woke up. I'm about to have a bowl of raisan bran. I just can't believe the message I had on my phone when I woke up. I had another message from the same person this morning asking me for another favor and to dog sit again starting this morning. Meanwhile I contacted them yesterday and asked them a favor to use them as a reference and had no reply about that. I'll be saying no this time because that is way too short notice due to I have appointments today and I plan on having some much needed quality time with my husband this weekend since the next few weeks will be crazy for especially him but me some as well. Anyways everyone have a great day!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #551  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM!

I hope all is well. I am not where I want to be for the week but not up either. Lasagna I made for the guys from work yesterday did not help! Angie and I went out for Italian tonight and I brought home almost 1/2 my meal...YAY!...but I also brought home a pizza for the week-end...boo...but it was spinach...YAY....and not the usual pepperoni....boo....

I will catch up with you all tomorrow!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #552  
mtiger

Wink

Had a bday party for my DD yesterday. DIdn't eat bad, but didn't log it either. My fridge went on the blink yesterday. I am going to be doing a lot of take out meals until we can get a new one on Wed. What's up with my appliances?

Weight was 186 today, up a little. I think this is my new mid-cycle, or end of cycle gain time. I hope it's just a few pounds.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #553  

Boy it has been a bit of a busy day. My husband is home from work for the weekend thank goodness. He's up in the bedroom now putting up our new valances and curtains. I didn't realize how expensive curtains could be even from Target and we don't have super wide or big or funky shaped windows and I definitely was keeping an eye on the total. I can't imagine doing custom curtains like I had someone to suggest to me. Hopefully it helps with the heat and light a bit in our room in the mornings since once it gets hot in our room it takes a long time to cool it down. It's 102 today in north Texas. We're going to go for a walk later tonight. Eating has been not been the greatest. We went to IHOP today for breakfast for the first time in a long time. I'm trying to catch up on my water intake. Everywhere we've been today the water has been NASTY so not sure what's going on with the area but at our house the water tastes fine for now and stays that way hopefully. It was a bit funny when we got some water at IHOP and we both took a drink from our glasses and I did an involuntary face before I could stop myself and instantly looked over at my husband and he had the exact same look on his face so I knew it wasn't me being picky. Oh well.. Have a great day!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #554  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM

Well I seem to be doing the chicken dance

For every good step forward...like low fat turkey soup...I take two steps back...as in a bag of chips....

For every good step forward...like eating breakfast of turkey bacon and organic shredded wheat...two steps back like breakfast...AGAIN!...of nachos today...

I lose 1 to 1.5 pounds and I become a chicken...thinking I guess, that I will never be able to eat "fun stuff" like nachos again....arrragghhh!!!!!

Last night Angie and I go for Italian...I get shrimp with rice and green beans...good step forward...then WHAMMO! I order at the last minute a spinach with mozzarella pizza to go...w t heck

Angie called dinner....gotta go...be good to yourselves
Old 06-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #555  

Height: 5'6"

(crawls back in shamefaced)

Hi guys. I'm back. I've had a rough couple of weeks.
I hurt my back, messed up an S.I. joint. For some reason this completely knocked the stuffing out of me. I was so disappointed and angry at my body letting me down like that. So I kind of withdrew into my shell for a bit to do some thinking.
And I have come to the conclusion that my body did not let me down. I have let it down all those years by not taking care of it, and now demanding high performance from it. Not smart.
So, time for a fresh start. Running is out of the question for a while, but I can walk and ride a bike. I can do exercises that will ease the backache and will strengthen my core so this is less likely to happen again. I can get back to eating properly, which went out the window with the rest of my motivation.
And most of all, I can get back to active participation here.
I am sorry I have done no more than lurk the past couple of weeks. I will be better.
I have this coming week off, so I have some time to get myself straightened out both physically and mentally.
Glad to be back!
Closed Thread