Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

That conversation you had with your husband.. I had almost the same one.. when HE lost 20 pounds! I was like oh my God you've lost 20 pounds, you must feel amazing.. and he was like "I guess.. I still have some more though."

For some reason, men aren't like women when it comes to the mini goals.. the goal is the goal.. there are no in betweens.
paperSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I don't understand conversations like that. My hubby learned a LONG time ago to get reeled on what I am into. Otherwise, I tend to remember it if you get my drift! LOL.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #18  
sugar is the devil

Maybe you just called at precisely a bad time or when he was in a bad mood?

But here... I'll share in your loss! GREAT JOB FOR LOSING 20 LBS! KEEP ON TOP OF IT!!! :d
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #19  
Slow and sure chick

I almost never get the response I wish from DH.
But the cure for that is - coming here and telling us!!!!

Doing the computer cha-cha-cha for ya! Good job!!!
Watercolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

TERRIFIC JOB on those 20 lbs!!!

Don't fret too much on the hubby... sometimes, they just don't respond in the way you'd like 'em too.

Tell us instead!!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 AM   #21  

Wink insecurity

Overcoming insecurity and building self confidence are emotional states changed by shifting core beliefs about our false self images many men panic when you change because they fear the change might affect the relationship
the better you look the more insecurity plays out so be strong and tell him you love him and love yourself
Tommy Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

Way to go on the weight loss! And it looks like you're about a third of the way to your final goal, so that's a milestone too.

As for your husband, don't read too much into it. My husband was exactly the same way on all my previous weight loss efforts. (Worse, actually.) I'd cook a healthy meal, he'd eat it, and then make a frozen pizza for himself after we'd eaten what I had made. Like, WTH?
My husband's always been thin, no matter what he eats. He used to try to pull me off my diet, thinking I'd turn into some supermodel if I lost the weight, and leave him. He finally started supporting me when I sat him down and explained to him that I needed to lose weight for health reasons. I didn't want to end up like my mom, who's been overweight for years, and by age 60, has had fibromyalgia, diabetes, breast cancer, and a stroke.
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 AM   #23  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I don't understand conversations like that. My hubby learned a LONG time ago to get reeled on what I am into. Otherwise, I tend to remember it if you get my drift! LOL.

YOU CRACK ME UP THIGHS!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Thighsbegone: Word! We've only been married a year well closer to 2.. but one thing DH learned quick is that part of my excitement of weightloss is seeing his reaction too

But, like most everybody said, talk to him about it. Sit down and just talk about it. Find out why he was like he was on the phone.. it may have been a bad moment, or he may be jealous or worried. The only way you'll know is by talking to him about it. Reassure him that you're not leaving him.. although my DH was never really worried about that. maybe cus we're still "newly weds''? It may have been something super dumb and there's an explanation for it..

Otherwise, congrats on your loss thus far!! Great work!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #25  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

i'm pretty lucky my hubby told me good job on 3 lbs he would probably be pretty happy about 20 lbs i was thin when we met and i think he wants the old me back so he is very supportive, plus he is overweight and is trying to lose weight also so he is watching what he eats and is going to the gym too... but congrats on the 20 lbs i cant wait to reach that milestone.. that will be very exciting and it WILL happen, i am determined this time....
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

No one ever feels what you feel. No one can feel as excited as you do about something or as sad as you do about something. We always want people to feel what we feel but it just doesn't happen and that disappoints us. I just tell my husband "ok honey, I need lots of and lots of praise now please"...lol
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

My husband does the same thing! haha

I just stopped sharing with him and now he compliments me on my weight loss and how good i look on his own.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #28  
Callie1983

S/C/G: 192/153/135

Height: 5ft6in

Default Husband Update!

Just wanted to give an update on my husband... Praise God he is being SO wonderful!
For the past week, we have started getting up early to jog/walk before we get ready for work 3-4 times a week. I LOVE it... he usually works til 7 or 8 at night, so its really great to spend some quality time with him during daylight hours and while I'm not trying to cook supper etc. We get to talk without the distraction of tv, phone calls, our dogs, etc. And, he is enjoying it too!
Last Saturday night, we went to the mall... I kind of wanted to find something new to wear for a commercial we're shooting at my job. We just browsed for a while and then we were walking past Ann Taylor Loft and I said, hey lets go in there, they have some cute professional stuff...
So I started looking and found some cute pants... well, I've been in a 14 for a long time, and I figured I needed a 12...well the pair of pants I liked (and that were on sale) they only had a 14 or a 10... the sales lady said they ran a little big in the hips and talked me in to trying them on... my husband was sitting on the bench outside of the dressing room... i tried those pants on first and low and behold THEY FIT!!! I immediately opened the door and squeeled to him the 10 FITS!!!! He just looked so proud of me... I tried on the size Medium top and OMG it fit TOO! I pranced around looking in the 3-way mirror and said, look, my butt looks so cute and he said yeah, it does, you look like you did when I first met you (AWWWW - I was actually 30 lbs lighter then than I am now, but it was still SUPER sweet!) He ended up buying me two pairs of pants (both of them 10's) and three tops... which was the FIRST time he'd ever bought me more than one little thing on such a random occasion.
I'm just SO proud and excited that he has been so supportive lately. It makes it so much easier and gives me even more motivation!
So, if your hubby is like mine was at first, I guess I'm just writing this to let you know there's still hope!
Callie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #29  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Callie, I'm so happy for you! Both for your weight loss and your hubby. My DH and I are doing the c25k program and it is nice to spend some one on one time with him--when I'm not huffing and puffing...
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #30  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Happy that your husband got over himself!!! (you know what I mean!) I'm glad that you are OFFICIALLY a size 10!! How I wish I was there right now! Congratulations, and thank god for 3FC, eh?
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote