Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 10:07 PM   #16  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I don't have time to write, it's bed time. Hubby has been on vacation for 4 days and we've fished ourselfs to death. Just wanted to let you all know I'm still around. I will try to find time to get in here and address everyone tomorrow eveing. Take care and your all in my thoughts.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:25 PM   #17  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

My Mom just called, my niece Jennifer has had her baby, Thomas William was born at 12:59PM today and weight 7lbs. ? oz. This is the first great grandson, she also has 2 great granddaughters. Yes, this is the 3rd time for me being a great auntie and I’ll be one again before the year is out…the family just keeps growing!

Where is everyone or have all the posts been lost like Jen’s. The weekend was busy but profitable. My booth at the Strawberry Faire was great and my home show on Sunday was good also. I was even able to be get a good run in Sunday morning. It was so beautiful here, the temperature was in the mid to upper 70’s and no humidity, perfect for being outside. Today at lunch I could really tell the humidity is on the rise.

I stayed the same weight wise at weight-in on Friday, but that’s ok…was the time of month you know and it will mean that this Friday’s loss will be even better!

Well, I’ve got to get back to work, make some follow-up calls on job applications and work on submitting some more. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week!

Later,
Marybeth
Old 06-11-2002, 07:36 AM   #18  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I am so glad to be home a lone this morning. I love fishing but it takes so much time, plus cleaning the fish and getting them in the freezer. I'm overwhelmed with things that needs to be done. I've never been so backed up with things that needs to be done. Hubby and I both have worked almost nonstop the whole time he was off work. He decided to go back to work this morning because of the weather. Thank God. BUT...it all starts again on Sat. morning for 4 days. I thank I'm getting old. I didn't use to have this problem. Needless to say my diet has gone to **** in a hand basket, or should I say "bread basket". I'm going to get back on the plan today!!!

Jo Jo~~I do remember that baby the party was for, so glad she is doing well. My sister ordered a big rug from Ebay and got it in 10 days. I would love to have Dr. Phils book, but I don't have time to study a book. Probably why I'm not doing well with my weight losing, I know from the past, you have to work on losing weight every waking min. I can do a lot of things as for as building and making things, I've had an amazing life a long those lines, but Jo Jo the one thing I've never been able to do is take my weight off and keep it off. I've lost weight in the past but always gained it back. I thank part of what drove me to do things is to make myself feel worthy to be here on the earth. I have very low self esteem.(that isn't spelled right, but spell check is having the day off I guess.) Your are so right about thinness not fixing all our problems. I know I've been working on myself for years. It's all in our heads, that is where the whole problem is. The fat is just a symptom of the problem.

Jen~~I hope all you company went well and that your holding up under all that you have on your plate to keep up with. Ha Ha...a pun...we keep up with what is on our plate very well, thats our biggest problem!

Skeeter~~Girlfriend...I don't know where the time is going, but I can assure you of one thing, you and I are going to have a burn out, and it won't take long to get there. For me depression is going to set in. But how the dickens do you stop this run away train when everything I'm doing, except the fishing, has to be done just to keep this place going. I spent all afternoon yesterday working on the pool. It's still not done. That darn thing was dirtier than it had ever been in the summer. The problem is this...when I added the pool to my life I took on more work. When I got fish I took on more work. And for darn sure when I got this puter I took up a bunch of my time.For everything you add to your you add work. I don't thank I can add anything else.

~~ Congrats on the new niece. I was trying to figure out just what kin she was to you when you told, thank goodness, I would have never figured it out. I don't keep up with relatives when they are that for removed. Congrats on staying the same on the weight. I've got to weigh myself and face the music. Glad your basket business is going well too. Now if you could just find a out of this world job, your life would be going quite well.

[COLOR=deeppink]I'll try to get in here a little more often for a few days. Today I've got to go and buy some groceries, and I can tell you going to town is the last thing I want to do. I had something else to say, but I'll be darn if I can remember what the heck it was. It's time for me to go. You all have a nice week. Oh Oh OH...I just remembered what it was. This darn puter is giving me fits in about every way it can. Like my spell check not working today. I tried it again a min ago and it's decided to work. My puter is hanging up just about everywhere. Even my outlook is giving me problems. It has failed to boot up..it comes up in safe mode. You name it. Even the puter is making work for me. Bye Bye
Old 06-11-2002, 09:07 AM   #19  

Hi Everyone.

Hope your week is starting out good. I couldn't get in here yesterday for some reason. I could get onto other sites tho. So far so good this morning.

I am taking the morning off. I had what felt like a gall bladder attack and didn't get a whole lot of sleep. I don't have a gall bladder anymore but I had but its what it felt similar to. This was lower than where it hurt with my gall bladder tho and it wrapped around my side and back. I feel ok now, just tired.

Today is my anniversary and dh will probably want to take me out to eat tonight but right now, I don't feel like it. I don't feel like cooking tonight either.

Marlana, So you had a fishin weekend huh? Dh would love that. He told me last weekend he saw a fishing pole he wouldn't mind getting so I know he's itching to go to. But its kind of hard when you've got a project started. (Our bathroom). Its going slow but it'll get done. I couldn't stand another year of looking at that awful floor. Your right about having to work on your weight every minute. I definetly wasn't thinking about it over the weekend. We had our anniversary party at my mil's Saturday night and it was really nice. She made us a 2 tier wedding cake like what we had when we got married. It was really pretty. I ended up taking one layer into work yesterday otherwise it would of been here and tempting me every minute of the day. We got some nice gifts, some crystal, a pretty photo album and money. I really didn't want the fuss but dmil insisted.

Jen, congrats on the new nephew. A new baby is always exciting. I'm glad your show went well for you.

Well, I'm going to get off here and lay down for awhile. Take care everyone.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:00 PM   #20  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone

It's hard to believe that it has been 5 days since I was here last. I guess that I have been even busier than I realized. We had a really good dinner at the church on Sunday with some good gospel singers. We ended up cleaning up the fellowship hall Monday because I have organized a special meeting open to the public on Thursday. I have a representative from the Red Cross coming to give a presentation on Hurricane Awareness. I sure hope someone shows up to listen.

Marlana~I think that I have just about burned out already. I am so tired today and have absolutely no energy at all. I fished all day yesterday on the east coast and had a good time but I didn't expect to be so tired from that. I just couldn't seem to get anything done today. I'm still trying to figure out how to make some changes so that I have more free time.

JoJo~Congratulations on your anniversary. I'm sorry that I am so late with that. I think that it was really nice of your mil to have a party for you. I remember the little baby that was so premature. It is so wonderful that she is doing so well. I'll be that your dh can sell that toolbox and get most of his money back. Maybe this new job will be last change. It sounds like it will be much easier on him.

Marybeth~Congratulations on being a great aunt again and for having a successful weekend with your basket sales. Your weather sounds nice. I wouldn't have been outside at all if there hadn't been some shade where we were fishing. It was a very large bridge that we were fishing under and there is usually a nice breeze off the water. There are a lot of yachts going by to keep us entertained as we fish. Also an occasional manatee.

Y'all have a good week. I hope that I can get back in here sooner the next time.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:20 PM   #21  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Evening~~Thats a switch isn't it. I hardly ever write at night. Hubby is in the bed already, he's on overtime and I just finished my lesson so I have a few min. before I have to go to bed myself. I just went out and turned off the pool pump for the night, Yahoo it is clean as a moonlight night. I took me about 3 days to get it cleared up. It was a mess when I took off the cover. It's cold right now, but I need to start getting in it everyday and working my poor old joints. I've got 18 lessons done now, I'll see if I can attach what I worked on today if it isn't too big. Maybe a part of it. It's nothing special but I learned a lot of things doing it.

Jo Jo~~ I hope your feeling better by now. You know what they say about body parts, or at least they say that about arms legs and part like that. They say they can still feel them although they are gone. I guess it could happen with a gall bladder too! A belated "Happy Anniversary" to you and your hubby. How many years have you all been married? We married in Dec. 1961, divorced in Oct. 1962, and had the divorce annulled in Feb. 16 1963. Boy have we been around. I thank we are going to make it this time. Tell me about how hard it is to find time to go fishing because you've got a project started, heck we've got several started here. I never have finished the bedroom. I'm meeting myself coming and going. You know what I'm going to need a new kitchen floor soon, this chair that I sit in is causing it to turn lose. I have tow layers on now so it will all have to be taken off. The guy that lays carpet told me it would cost 3.00 yard to take it off as well as put the new one down. That is much more expensive than just carpet. He only charged me 35.00 to put that bedroom carpet down. I want a rock pattern in my kitchen.

Skeeter~~I guess I'm doing a little better than you, it's been a couple of day since I've been here. Skeeter fishing is very tiring, I don't know why but it is. We come home just dragging our tails behind us. I can't figure out how to have free time, the only thing I know is to get part of this work done. I'm working on it but as slow as Christmas. I don't get all I have planned to do done until I've thought up something new I want to do. I want to get that room finished and then Paint rocks on my sunporch. Yep I said rocks, I seen a craft show the other day that showed how to do it in two different ways. I like rocks. I like rustic. And just yesterday I seen on another craft show how to print pictures on cloth without buying that expensive stuff. I thought of it a long time ago, but now I really want to do it. I need a new bedspread and I want to make one with my family pictures put into blocks. That will be very time consuming but I'm planning on doing it. My mind just has to be creating all the time. That is why I like this PI stuff.

Well I thank I better get my bo bo to bed, 3 AM comes early. Be good to yourselves. The attachment went so I will explain what it is. It was stationery but I cut off the part you write on. I made all the buttons, even put the thread in too. It was fun.

Last edited by Marlana; 06-13-2002 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:23 AM   #22  
American Chick!

Hi Ladies,
I just lost my post ! Anyway, I'm back and we had a good time--I rode everything except one roller coaster--even the Tower of Terror. I refuse to weigh, since I have PMS this week; I'll weigh next week; but all we did was sweat and drink water; Jeff lost 18 pounds. Welcome, Catey, and hope everyone has had a good week; I'll try and get back here this weekend; we took the laptop with us to Disney, and it's taken me three days to figure out how to hook the modem back up! I refused to ask Jeff for help, even though I messed up our phone lines for two of those days. Hey, I'm HERE, aren't I? Just takes me a while; I tried to attach a photo of Disney, but it said it was too big, so I'll try again---that must be why I lost my first post.
Love you all!
Sally
224/151/120ish
Old 06-14-2002, 01:53 PM   #23  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Where did the week go? I really do know, all my extra time was spent working on the resume and hunting for a new job. I’ve also started taking outplacement classes and that is helping but it does eat-up 2 hours. Just got back from the WW meeting and I’m down 1.8 lbs. so that brings me back to the 60 lbs. loss that I was at back in February. My goal for next week is to break 180 and then some.

Sally, so which roller coaster didn’t you go on? What did you think about the Tower of Terror – I liked that one! So glad you had a good time and the girls look like they enjoyed Mickey…I just knew the trip to Disney would be great!

We don’t really have any plans for the weekend, I’ve got a meeting tomorrow morning for the baskets…chance to win a free registration for our upcoming conference – so keep your fingers crossed as it may be the only way I can go this year…then got to do the weekly shopping. Maybe I can talk hubby into getting another truckload of mulch if it doesn’t rain. It would be nice to get that done so I can move on to some other projects on the to-do-list!

Well, got to review orders so hope everyone has a great weekend and I’ll catch you on Monday.
Marybeth
241/180.8/160
Old 06-14-2002, 09:34 PM   #24  

Hi Everyone

This will be a quicky. I've got to get off here and run some maintenance programs cause this thing is running crappy and bugging me like crazy. So I'll come in tomorrow and post to you all after I get home from getting my hair cut.

See ya!!!
Old 06-14-2002, 10:20 PM   #25  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hey here I am writing again at night. I'm frustrated with my PI lesson so decided to write on the board. I've been busy all day, don't know what I got done, but I stayed busy.

Sally....Good to see you back and glad you had a great trip. You have the prettiest little girls. I haven't weighed in 2 weeks. I haven't been eating too badly but just haven't been on my food plan.

Jo Jo....My puter has been acting up too. I'm thanking very hard about going and buying a new one tomorrow. It is advertised for Fathers day. I've been saving money for a few weeks, but I only have 250.00 and that ain't quite enough. It's a package deal, with monitor, printer, key board, mouse and the puter itself. It's got 256 mb memory and 40 gigabyte hard drive. I thank it also has the thing where you can make CDs. It will cost me 599.00 after rebates. I also will get 6 months free MSN isp and a 100.00 gift card. So all and all it will cost me 439.00. Not a bad deal at all. I just feel like I should say something to hubby before I jump in and buy it, and for some reason I'm having a problem with that. I guess I feel guilty for wanting something to play that cost that much. OH WELL! I've been watching ads for quite a while and that is a good deal.

Marybeth....CONGRATS on the weight loss. I wish I would get my act together. Next Tuesday Dr. Phil on Ophra is going to tell us how to do it. I'm sure going to watch. 60 pounds, that is great, you don't want it back do you?

Guess I'll take my medicine and hit the hey. Have a great week end everyone.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #26  

Hi there.

I got home from getting my hair cut and there was a black screen on my monitor that said I had a Windows Protection error. Oh boy, what the heck is that. I kept shutting down, had it in safe mode and that even locked up. Then I finally got ahold of tech support and when I said it was locked up in safe mode, he said that meant big trouble and then he had me shut down again. Well, this time everything came up just fine. So I have no idea what happened. I'm just glad I was able to get back on cause I had an email I needed to get an address off of. So I've got that now and I wanted to get in here and post just to let you know that if something goes wrong again, you will know why. Boy I hope that all made sence to you. I just get realllllllllly nervous when something goes wrong with this thing. Luckily its still under warranty. I will be extending that warranty before its up in September.

Marlana, I tell you, I'm really shook up over this puter. It just makes me so dang nervous. Ok, I'm taking some deep breaths. Much better. Dh keeps asking me questions that I have no idea how to answer for him. He's working in the bathroom and is asking me what I think of this or that. Heck, I just don't know. OH, your button attachment is so cute. I love stuff like that. You made the whole thing?? Thats so cool. That sounds like a good buy for that puter your looking at. This thing ended up costing over $1000 by the time I was done buying the printer and cables and stuff it needed. Next time I'll only need to buy just the puter part of it so it won't be as expensive. I think I'm going to start putting some money back myself. If I don't spend it on a new puter, well, I'm sure I can think of something else to spend it on. You mentioned having your divorce annulled, I didn't know you could do that. My db and his wife have been together about 30 years now. They were married for about 7 years and then split up and divorced but got right back together after just a few months and they've been together ever since. They finally remarried after being divorced for 9 years. Anyway, my dh said he didn't understand that, if your divorced, your divorced and theres no getting back together and I told him that some people just arent meant to be divorced.

Marybeth, way to go with losing 1.8 lbs. Thats great. Now that things are starting to get back to normal and I'm not so stressed over dh's job situation, or a should say former job situation, I have to get myself going again on a food plan and exercise. (gag) I gag easy and the word exercise GAG really makes me gag these days. I used to love it. I don't know why I've gotten this bad about it.

Sally, I love Disney and wish we could get back there. I know DisneyWorld is much bigger than when we were there back in 82. They were opening Epcot that month after we were there. Sounds like you had a good time but I bet your glad to be home to.

Skeeter, dh seems so much happier these days. I'm so glad. I don't want him to go back to working on trucks again, I think it was just to hard on him. He seems fine now. His breathing problems are better except he's still on the inhalers and he seems to have more energy to. It sure doesn't seem like its been 25 years. Heck sometimes I still feel 25 (in my mind, not my body ) Sounds like you are keeping yourself really busy. I've got to get busy helping dh in the bathroom. My excuse has been that he's doing stuff that I don't know how to do and plus theres not much room. Hmmmm. I wish I had some paint so I could repaint while he's got the old flooring torn out.

Well, I'd better get going. Take care everyone and have a nice weekend. OH, by the way, where the heck is Tobey these days? I miss her.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:59 PM   #27  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

Hope y'all are having a great weekend. I finally decided to take a day off for a change. I still ended up doing a few things like baking a low-cal dump cake, cutting up a big salad and cleaning two fish tanks. But I took my time and it didn't feel like work.

Marlana~I sure like the buttons that you made. Can you make that into a stationery and send it to me? I have decided that I am going to start cleaning my fish tanks a couple at a time every few days instead of all 5 at the same time. It goes so much faster that way and I don't feel so aggravated with them. I just have to keep a calendar of the cleanings so I don't get confused. I already use a calendar for the dogs and their baths and medicines so it will be easy to add the fish. I agree that you have found a good deal on a computer and you better go ahead and take advantage of it. I'll bet your PI classes will go better on a new faster computer.

Sally~It is so good to hear from you again. Your girls are so cute but where is a picture of their slim mama? It has been hot here and I know it must have been hard on you and your family. I have always wondered how the people that visit our state can handle such hot weather when they aren't used to it. I can't handle it and I have lived her for over 30 years.

Marybeth~Congratulations on another loss. You and Sally have done so well and should be very proud. We'd love to see a picture of you too. I hope that you can find a good replacement job soon. It's too bad that your company couldn't have put some feelers out for you guys.

JoJo~I hate having computer problems like that. Mine was acting up really badly a while back and I got with a good tech who really helped. He said though that he thinks my puter might have a bad hard drive problem. It is still under warranty until August but I keep putting off doing anything because it is acting better. I know that I will be kicking myself if I don't get something done before that warranty runs out. I was married to my ex for 3 years and we divorced and then remarried. We divorced again after 17 more years but it was for keeps that time. I have been with my present husband for 16 years.

Y'all have a good weekend. I am going to take it easy and not do much at all.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:01 PM   #28  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hi all, just here to write a note and tell you I got my new puter. Boy I have done nothing but try to get all the files zipped and put on floppies. What a job, this is my last new puter. The old one is going so slow that it's almost stopped. Any way I'm fixing to pull the plug, I'll get back as soon as I can. Hope you had a good week end.
Closed Thread