Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Default I HATE that...

my body won't cooperate!
Why is weight loss usually turn out to be so non-linear??? Why do weeks where you bust your can doing everything right seem to backfire, whereas other weeks are amazing???!!! Anyone else frustrated out there?
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 03-22-2009 at 03:28 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Yep, I understand your frustration! I've been on a plateau for about a week, even though I've pretty much been eating at a deficit of around 500cals a day, and have been eating sensible balanced meals. My body will respond eventually, I just have to be patient!

Weight/fat loss isn't linear because we don't (and can't) adequately control for all of the extraneous variables that influence weight loss. There are so many factors involved, which is why it feels frustrating when it seems like we have total control and are doing everything "right", yet our bodies don't seem to respond in the way we expect.

Hang in there!
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #3  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh yeah, very frustrated. Tomorrow is my monthly weigh and measure and I don't think I've even lost 3 pounds this month. Was hard to accept at first because all the previous months were so good. But thanks to this website I know weight loss isn't linear and I knew to expect a drastic slow-down after a while. Guess I was secretly hoping it wouldn't happen to me, but alas it has, and I will keep trudging on hoping it passes soon. Good luck to us all.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #4  

My weight has been so funny this week. After days where I was perfect and on plan and exercised and was really proud of myself, I would weigh in the same or a pound down. Then the next day, after I'd eaten 2,300 calories instead of the planned 1500, I would weigh in two pounds down! It's just so weird. And I've been doing - not very well at all, but I've lost 5.5lbs since Tuesday! And I haven't even been doing very well! I've gotten 45 - 120 minutes of exercise each day (but some days that was just an hour walk, so not much!) but I've been eating up to 2,300 calories when my plan is 1500 only! Agh, it's just ridiculous.

I always lose this fast the first week, so I always stall on week two, when I don't magically see the numbers moving, so I usually stop right then and there. Ughghgughghg.

I'm sorry, I sort of high-jacked your thread. Weight loss is just so ridiculous and random!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

No apologies needed, just supportive hugs all around.
Thanks for your story, cause that's why we are all here!
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 03-22-2009 at 07:43 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote