Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #16  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
It sure doesn't bother me that I weigh less than some friends, (especially my husband!!), but it really does bother some friends..."Whoaaaa, is the fat chick wearing a smaller size than me? That is one of the questions I am asked the most frequently. One girl I know who has to wear a size 10 (at least) said to me the other day, "Lori, what size are you wearing now? I have a pair of size 6 jeans that are too big for me, will they fit you?" HAHA...yea right! You have to know this girl to understand that she most definitely doesn't have any jeans to give away, and she hasn't wore a size 6 in 20 years. I'll never fit into a size 6. She's just nervous that I *might* be smaller than her. She drives me nuts. She is the same girl I've complained about before on here who can never give a compliment unless she attached a few insults. I just told her to keep them in case she gains weight...HAHA It's driving her insane to know what size I am...
What a HUGE bi$ch!!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 293/248/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinycities View Post
Friend B - is slightly tactless in general, but has made several iffy comments with regards to my weight loss. It never really comes up in conversation, but when it does, she sometimes makes remarks about my appearance (e.g. calling me "skinny" when I'm clearly not, I don't at all think she's trying to be mean, it's just the way she says it is slightly mocking/belittling in tone). She's a UK 14-16 (US 10-12) herself, hourglass shape, nice figure. I'm a similar shape, but slightly less pronounced hourglass, and a bit more rectangular. In the past she's made (uninvited) remarks about how we look "so different" even though we're the same size, and comments like "you've always carried much more weight on your stomach than me, whereas I've got bigger boobs and hips". Maybe I've overreacted in finding comments like that annoying, but basically saying "you've got a fat gut, whereas I'm a lovely hourglass" sort of irked me. Out of all friends, this woman is the only one who's been a bit negative about my weight loss sometimes, even though I'm not sure she means it. I think she'd like to lose a little weight, and I don't think she's used to me being the same size/slimmer than her. Maybe her formerly "fat friend" being a similar size to her is making herself think differently about her own size, I don't know.
I work with a lady that's sort of the same way, very tactless. When I was at my lowest weight, about size 16, I was about the same size as her, or at least I would have been, if she wore her proper clothing size. She wears clothes that are probably a size 12, and as a result, her underwear line is always showing, and the buttons on her shirts are always straining.
Anyway, she always makes a point of telling me when she's starting a new workout regiment, which is usually once a month, and always asks me what I've been doing to get healthy. I don't think she's being malicious, she's just tactless like that.
Another example, a girl in our store that had medium brown hair colored it very dark brown, almost black, shortly before she went on vacation to Mexico a few weeks ago. She asked the girl if she colored it that dark so that it would fade to the right color while she was in Mexico.
Lachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I had a realization somewhat similar to this just the other day, but it had to do with clothing sizes, and not individuals. I am just barely into the "normal" BMI range, yet I wear a 4-6 at Walmart & JCPenney. I was under the impression that a 4-6 was small, while I am definitely medium. By all rights I should be in a 8-10 at this point (no, I'm not being modest, just realistic). If I'm a 4-6 at 20lbs over goal, what am I going to wear once I get there?????
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #19  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Thanks Time2Lose! I have some pics posted here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ghlight=ookpik
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #20  

Default Sudden thought: I weigh less than half of my

You are right,it feels better to weigh lesser and you tend to feel more confident about yourself again.
helpline is offline   Reply With Quote