Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #16  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Terrific!!!!!!! TRUST ME when I say that it will taste 10X's MORE sweet (than a hunk of heart shaped cake) when you drop another dress size.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-13-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!!! Heart shaped cake would be hard to pass up!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #18  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Good for you.

I find this hard, too, but I sat myself down & did some talking to myself. Among the things I said were:

There will be no more eating simply for economic reasons. What I mean is:

I will NOT eat something just because it's free.

I will NOT eat more because of an all-you-can-eat deal.

I will NOT eat two because of a buy-one, get-one-free deal, if just one will satisfy me.

I will NOT clean my plate just because I paid for it & worry about getting my money's worth.

I WILL throw out food if I need to.

I WILL pay MORE for a smaller portion size (despite the larger being cheaper per unit) if the big portion is too much at that moment, or if I can't allow myself to have more than one measured serving because I would finish the whole big container.

This is a struggle. I do not come from a wealthy family. My mother worked hard to instill a sense of thrift in me. In all other ways, I try to spend sensibly. But when it comes to food, I have decided to make a great big exception if it interferes with my health.

My deal with myself is, if it's not a healthy choice, then I don't care whether it's free or a good deal or whatever. Health reasons take clear priority over economic reasons.

Anyway, I am hoping in the end these decisions save me money in other areas. (It can be expensive to be fat & not healthy.)
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Thank you all for the encouragement, needed it again today, geez these people and there food, lol, today we had huge cupcakes and pizza. The good thing is no one there tries to talk me into "just one bite" or "take a little taste", that is when I have a real problem, I am better off without than trying to do a little.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #20  

Great way to resist the temptations. You did it when it was required the most. Just keep going and you are gonna meet your goals.
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote