Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 10:21 AM   #1  

Default Alternative Group June 3, 2002

We are a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us.

To see the Old thread click here ~~~>Alternative Group May 20th Thread

These are what we are focusing on :

Wednesday - Water Check. How much are you drinking?

Thursday - Portion Check. Eyeballing or measuring or neither? Time to get reaquainted with proper portion sizes.

Friday - Feeling Day. Why are you doing this? What do you really want? How are you going to get it? Write it down!

Saturday - Selection Day. Eat food that you would while OP. Make wise choices, get those fruits and veggies in!

Sunday - Set up day! Plan your meals for the week, pack your lunch for work on Monday and be sure to include snacks to avoid a trip to the candy machine or the coffee shop!

Last edited by sheila061968; 06-03-2002 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:44 AM   #2  

Default Hi all

Well I had an OK weekend despite the bank screwing us over so we couldnt go out like we wanted..Intead we stayed home ordered pizza and drank Bicardi Silvers and watched Cast away w/ Tom Hanks
OK I started a new thread and even put in wens- sun focuses now what we need is a thing to focus on , on Monday and Tuesday ( I am currently drawing a blank)
OK TODAY is monday and I weighed myself to kick off the start of losing 5# by my birthday ..
264.5 Lets say I am not enthused by this number..But I got to start somewhere I guess..
Last night DH cooked dinner I had 1 chicken drmstick and 2 chicken thighs (overdone w/ what used to be BBQ sauce) and a 4"sausage on a roll with peppers and onions and 2 fig newtons. 1 barcardi Silver. In fact that was my total food intake for the day
Today I am focusing on eating 3 meals even if they are small I need to work on it..
Well I am still a bit outta sorts today cant get a focus on much right now.. I been coughing most the night due to asthma and allergies ( been forgetting to do my damn inhalers again) so I am a bit tired as usual.. ( I think if I did my inhalers when I am supposed to I would sleep / breathe better at night
So I will end here for now
Take Care
Sheila
Old 06-03-2002, 02:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Yesterday was badddd food day. Ate fast food which is something I don't EVER do and I didn't do it just once I did it twice . I was so tired that I just had to eat didn't really care what it was and wasn't concerned of the effect...

Today is back to the basics... Salad, Chicken and water

Weighed #154 this morning which is good because I had jumped up to 156 during TOM and with yesterdays food..I wasn't expecting much better.

Well I have a ton, of homework so I got to go

Hugs to all,
Amy
154/154/130
Old 06-04-2002, 10:34 AM   #4  

Default It is Tuesday

Hi Everyone
Here is my food intake for yesterday ..

2 frozen plain buttermilk waffles

apprx 5 cups of coffee with 2 sugars and half n half

2 hamburg patties 2.5" round about 1/4 " thick with seasoning (thats after cooking) 1/2 of a 1/2 of a hamburg roll toasted

and about 5 spearmint hard candies

Not bad but could have been better

I need to focus again on water buut my kids lost all my water bottles
Last night I went to the store and bought myself 4 summer tops ( I couldnt find shorts I liked ) I hate spending money on myself but I needed something besides the printed advertising Tshirts I had.. I also bought a program to make buisness cards.. I been fiddiling with different looks of cards to find the one I like..I cant wait to get started on my online buisness.. I know it might not make me a cent but I have to try..( I even saved the receipt for the program to deduct as a buisness expense)
I started my TOM yesterday so I am crampy and irritable today . I need to focus on water intake today .. I like that I have to be held accountable on here for everything I put in my mouth ..

OK where is everyone??? Cmon out of the lurking status and lets see how you all have been ..

Take Care
Sheila
Old 06-05-2002, 09:55 AM   #5  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello

I'm here... just being quiet. Today's the first day since Sunday that my head doesn't hurt. It's been a long time since I've had a headache last 3 days - probably because up until the last few weeks I'd been eating healthy. You'd think getting massive headaches would be enough incentive to avoid junk food and eat right and not get them huh??

Nothing else going on... Getting ready for my trip to CA in 2 weeks (2 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours....). I don't know if I'll be making my goal because with all the crappy eating my weight's been creeping up and up. I'm not enjoying it though, it's just been feeding my not feeling good. I have a house full of healthy stuff and am back on track (for the most part) today.

Have a good one everybody!

Terri
Old 06-05-2002, 09:59 PM   #6  
Hot Stuff

Hey, where is everyone????

I'm going to join WW tomorrow night, 7pm. I haven't gone near my scale....I might in the morning to prepare for the bad news at WW. I can probably add 4 pounds to my scale's weigh-in to match WW's.

This time around, I am going to make the program work for me, rather making me work for the program. I know my eating habits...quick cup of tea and *whatever* in the morning at my desk, light lunch, late afternoon snack, dinner...and what used to throw me off....after dinner I like to have a cup of tea and something small but sweet for dessert. So I think I'm going to start counting my points for the day at dinner, find recipes for cookies/muffins/whatever that are low-point for those desserts, then use up the rest of my point allocation for breakfast/lunch/snack, when I tend to eat less anyway. In the past I tried to follow an eating schedule that I'm not comfortable with, eating more earlier in the day, then not having enough points for dinner and feeling like I hadn't had enough at dinner. Anyway, I will be in tomorrow to post an official *re-starting* weight, scary as it might be.

Punkin , sorry to hear about the three day headache....they really knock you for a loop when they last for days.

Sheila, you're not eating enough! I know you know that, because you've told us that before. You need to try eating more, even if it's small amounts a few times a day. Maybe if you write it down the night before, then try to stick to it the next day?

Amyjo, we all have days like that! Hope today was better.

I'm off to bed...yak at you all tomorrow night.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:17 AM   #7  

Hey guys...

Past Three days have been alright.... pretty much attuned to

Cereal bar and coffee for breakfast
Salad and diet soda for lunch
Monday _ Black eyed peas and rice 1/2 cup
Salad
Tuesday_ Gyro from the hospital with Lettuce and tomato
Wednesday_Beef tips and mushrooms with rice from the hospital
Zuchinni

Last night I had a snack of orange sherbert and some crackers
I Didn't feel too well and was trying to settle my stomach.

I am going to start taking my dinner to the hospital with me.. both nights I ate from there I got sick... SO I am going to pack me a salad and probably a frozen light dinner.

I cut class this morning because I was up most of the night with stomach cramps and because I was just tired. I also have a ton of work for school to be done so I am going to cut it short.

No exercise this week but I haven't slowed down. I will catch up this weekend.

Post later,
Amy
154/154/130
Old 06-06-2002, 02:32 PM   #8  

Hi everyone
I know Wildfire I need to focus on my intake I know I dont eat enough..I just forget to eat..Sounds funny I know but I get busy then time goes by and by the time I am finished with whatever it is I am doing it is way past the meal time so I decide to wait till next meal that I forget to eat..By dinner time well I know I have to eat something cuz my tummy says so. But by that time I am just too exhausted to really care if I eat or not but I do it anyway..
Last night it was late when I got back from DD chorus concert so I did corn on the cob and porkchops grilled . Plus an online friend of mine is going outta town and wont have internet accees while away so I was more interested in chatting then eating..
Tuesday night I had dinner over my friends house, and they are pushy when it comes to people eating so I had about 4 ounces steak and spaghetti and sauce.
Tonight will be pot roast with taters and baby carrots..That wont be grilled that is a bake in a bag type thing..It is raining here anyway so I might as well cook in for once
I just had "brunch" two whole english muffins ( I have to get some food shopping in soon..) I have decided our income is too low to pay for everything so I think I will applie for food assistance thru the state.. Grrrrr I hate asking for assistance but we qualify so why not??
I received my phone bill yesterday and found a $35 call to Turkey on it..I didnt call Turkey , I am not turkish neither ishubby and he wasnt home at the time of the call, only me and DS was home.. Son isnt Turkish either so I think I will be calling the phone company. Though it is possible that DS called but he is 4 who would he talk to in turkey for 10 minutes??
Amyjo you know whenever I had to eat hospital food it always made me sick.. ( I think hospitals prepare food like that to keep you there) They should really prepare it different for those who work there though
Punkin I am sure you will have a great time in CA. Dont worry you will be surprised at what you can get off in 2 weeks..You still been doing great and I am sure it shows
Well all I will end here I have a few posts to do before I go and get stuff done ( I might even go mall walking ,,NOT shopping just walking)
Take Care
Sheila
Old 06-07-2002, 07:47 AM   #9  
deleted2

Wow, Sheila---forgetting to eat!!! What's that like? Wish I could catch alittle of that! Seems I'm always thinking about food; I love to cook and read cookbooks like novels. My house is full of healthy food right now, it's when we go out that I run into trouble, nothing extreme though. All in all, food has been okay, just not perfect like I'd like. All or nothing--I wish I could shake that way of thinking.

Amyjo, That's weird about the hospital food making you sick--something wrong with that picture for sure! You sound busy as ever--I hope you can take some time for yourself.

Wildfire, sounds like you have a plan. I need to get serious again too.

Punkin, refresh my memory. Do you have relatives/friends in California, or just a trip for fun? [Not that seeing relatives can't be fun of course--am I revealing some of my own family stuff here? ] Glad the headache's over---3 days sounds miserable.

I'm really into gardening this year. I'd gardened for years, but halfheartedly--but this year it feels like I have the love for it again. Every morning I go down every row and evict the weeds so they don't overwhelm me. It's so beautiful--my little green goddess! I'm going to take my coffee out right now and wreak havoc on any sneaky weeds that may have come up during the night.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:12 AM   #10  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all and happy Friday!

Aaaah, the end of a crappy week.... you'll have to forgive me because I plan on spending the weekend on my butt watching movies. I rented Vitel, Bandits and Domestic Disturbance. Bring on the popcorn!

Ok Wildfire - How'd the return to WW go??

Amyjo - You might want to mention that the hospital food made you sick. Maybe there's something going on they don't know about???

Sheila - thanks for the encouragement. You're right, I'm already back down to where I was at my last weigh in (I'd gone up 4 pounds, now they're mysteriously gone). Whatever I'm at when I leave for my trip, regardless, is still WAY less than I weighed the last time!

Eydie - I have both friends and family in CA. I don't visit the family much though - the only communication we get from them is Mormon related and visits are so strange feeling it just doesn't happen often. I'm going down to visit my 2 best girlfriends and attend one of their daughter's 11th birthday party. She doesn't know I'm coming and she was disappointed when I told her I couldn't make it. Her Mom is going to have me go pick her up from her Grandma's house the evening I get there. I love being so sneaky!!!

Well, off to read the paper, start my new Sylvia Brown book and veg for the day.... Love Fridays!

Terri
Old 06-07-2002, 04:35 PM   #11  
Hot Stuff

Hey Girls

Well, weigh-in was scary, as expected. 188.8 lbs, including jeans and leather shoes. My scale tells me 182 lbs in the morning, so it sounds about right for an evening weigh-in in clothes. So, I'm working on an 18lb 10% loss. Hey, we got this great brochure called Today's Special. Lots of yummy meal ideas in there with their point values. Doing good today, 11 points and half my water in so far. I feel good about this. I'm going to do it this time!

Oh, we aren't going to attend the Thursday meeting though...the leader was a major bore. People were yawning and looking at their watches! Nice lady, just not very motivating. We're going to try Wednesday this week coming.

Punkin, I've seen Domestic Disturbance. It was okay. Of course, having John Travolta helped it greatly! Enjoy your weekend!

Sheila, how is the food thing going? Did you find out about the call to Turkey?

Amyjo, feeling better? I think I'd stay away from the hospital food... ...maybe they're trying to drum up a little business?

Eydie, what do you have in your garden? Veggies or flowers?

Flower, where are you??????
Old 06-07-2002, 04:55 PM   #12  

Hi everyone
Well today I signed up for some bill assistance and Monday I am gonna swallow my pride and try for food assistance...( I hate asking for help grrrrrr...) Also my son is elidgeable for commidity foods as well so i will check that out..
I went mall walking with the kids last night spent 3 hours walking aimlessly thru the mall with DS and DD.. Ds I think was trying to give me a heart attack, he kept doing air kicks around the most expensive items (Mikaska (sp) crystal bowls one was about 1500$ and $300 glass art pieces ) I didnt SPEND A penny!!! But checked out Sears and looked at Treadmills (nordatrack) they are expensive but I was asking about them anyway.. I could have tryed one out but I was a bit embarrassed .. I had to ask questions like what is the maximum weight one can handle , the guy ( soo sweet and cute too) said "well you dont have to worry these machines can handle 250 pounds but if your buying it for yourself you dont need to worry about the motor since you look way too small to even be close to the maxumun weight" WHAT A SALES PITCH..He also mentioned that "he is working Saturday 10:00 am to 1:30 and he will answer any and all questions if I need to ask them just come in and ask or call him and ask".. (OK, I even asked so how much commission do you get when you sell this. He is salary he no longer gets the commission) Lets say I had to get outta Sears real fast I felt myself getting all blushy. Think I will mall walk more often I felt good being somewhat complimented.. (even if it was a sales pitch)

Came home baked a chicken breast and pototes and had beets for dinner
Tonight will be pot roast carrots and potatoes ( it wasnt unthawed last night)

Punkin...Domestic dusturbance is a great movie so isnt Bandits.. I rented them both about two weeks ago..Gonna buy them when they are put out to buy (preveiwed movies)

Eydie .... Forgetting to eat is easy for me I just get too busy and distracted ( mainly online or outside) then when i think it is about 5 minutes later it ends up 5 hours later..

Oh I checked out Curves for women yesterday as well.. doesnt look like much for the price I have to pay out..$87 sign up $36 a month, you go to 12 stations each a different workout about 3-4 times around in 30 minutes . I have a guest card good for 3 days I will try it out before I sign up.. I also want to check out one other place as well a local workout gym for women..

Well all I gotta end here.. See you all Monday since I wont be online this weekend Take Care and I will weigh myself then (Monday) tell u what this week of meal watching has done

Take Care
SHeila
Old 06-08-2002, 02:16 PM   #13  

Sheila ~ Seeking assistance isn't anything to be disturbed by.. if you need it you need it and that is all you should be concerned with.

Well I am feeling better. I thought Thursday if I got more than a few feet away from the bath room I was going to be in trouble. Food this week has been pretty good. I could have done better in the realm of exercise but OH WELL!~ you can only do so freaking much in the course of 24 hours. Sucks to be me~

Well I am behing on my daily nutrition, I have been in the middle of the road all morning and now need to sit down and do some heavy duty studying but it is necessary. Have a test on Thrusday and a full week between now and then.

WF ~ Other people ate the same food that I did that day and didn't have a problem but I am thinking it must have been something in the food that I didn't agree with not the food itself.

Post soon,
Amy
154/154/130
Old 06-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #14  
deleted2

Hi Goddesses!

Well, I want to formally announce my intention to get back on track and I'm seriously serious!!!! Tomorrow will be Day One. That's okay, I've had Day One before and I may be a grump for the first 48 hours or so then I'll start to feel great. I'm going to be spending tonight and tomorrow formulating my plan--my mission statement or rules of the game, so to speak. I want to feel good agin and I want my clothes to fit right and I want to feel good NAKED!!!

Wildfire, to answer your question I have a veg garden--I'm not too experienced with flowers but am experimenting this year. I'm harvesting tons of broccoli right now--I may turn green from eating so much!

Old 06-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #15  
Hot Stuff

Day Two! Doing great, five fruits/veggies, all my water in, and 23 points so far. I might have a little snack while we watch Pearl Harbour in a few minutes...either some popcorn or baked chips and salsa.

Bought a food scale today, but it's going back. It's a piece of junk...have to give it a whack to get it to go back to zero after weighing something....yeah, that's accurate. I think I'll pick up one of the smaller WW ones this week. I also bought a new steamer basket for doing veggies and a recipe box with index cards. I plan to be trying a lot of new recipes, so if one is a hit, I'll write it down and include the point values per serving. It will make deciding what's for dinner easier in the future.

Eydie, glad to hear you're revving up to be back OP!

Amyjo, good luck with the studying!

It is so amazing the change in my attitude, just knowing that I'm back OP...Yeah, I might not like the way I look right now, but I know I'm working on it. That makes all the difference in the world!

Ok, Hubby is calling...going to watch the movie.
Closed Thread